The images from CCTV cameras at a gas station in Cascavel in western Paraná, Brazil show the moment when a teenager caught fire after a hookah he was trying to light up exploded. It happened on Tuesday afternoon, January 22, 2013. The 16 year old was taken to the University Hospital of Cascavel in critical condition, with burns on 60% of his body.
According to the Fire Department officials, the teen was with a group of friends near the gas station and was engulfed in flames when alcohol kept in the hookah’s cooking base ignited and exploded. Once on fire, the boy took off his shirt and ran into the gas station’s convenience store where he was helped by random customers. Hospital staff reported that the teen was in a very serious condition, breathing with the help of a machine.
Teen’s mother said she did not know that her son was smoking the hookah:
While our children were small, we looked after them but now that they’re in their teens, we can no longer control them. I didn’t know he smoked, but I always taught him to stay away from the bad things.
The teen worked at a company nearby and was on a coffee break when the explosion happened. Brazil is awesome – for a coffee break you meet up with pals and have a toke at a gas station cause what could possibly go wrong with all those flammable fluids and fumes all around.
Online translator told me “narguilé” means “hookah”. I wonder if it maybe means “bong”. NOTDASILVA – what exactly is narguilé?
What People Searched For To Land Here:
- gore explosion
- burnt alive pictures
- Bestgore brazilian teen boys killed
- crash in brazil hits 3 girls and rips leg open