Two workers were electrocuted while painting a gas station in Campos de Júlio, a municipality in the state of Mato Grosso, located about 692 km from the state’s capital city of Cuiabá, in Brazil. The incident happened on Wednesday August 16, 2017. According to the Civil Police, the victims were identified as 24 year old Rogério Macedo, and 32 year old Émerson Gomes de Lima.
Rogério and Émerson had reportedly been hired by the station to re-paint the place, which is within the downtown core of Campos de Júlio. To carry out the work and reach the higher parts of the building, the painter used a scaffold.
However, the painters had to move the scaffolding and in the process, they touched an overhead high-tension power line. The two got zapped with an electric shock and died on the spot. Because of the electricity’s intensity, their clothing caught fire.
Here’s a gallery of a few pics:
Video of the painters burning as they’re being actively shocked:
Different angle video of the same electrocution: