Can't add comments

Best Gore Forums Best Gore Website Website Support Can't add comments

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Norman Bates 2 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Norman Bates 2
    Participant

My original username on here is Norman Bates and this problem happened also a few days ago. I can’t add comments on any article. The page would refresh after I hit post comment, but my comment wouldn’t be there. I couldn’t post on forums either so I had to make this second account in order to do this. If the problem is my email being “disposable” that’s stupid due to the fact I use the email on this website with other websites. I changed my email on here the first time in case that was the problem and it worked then all of a sudden last night the problem returned. I have no clue what the hell is going on.

Anyone got any solutions on how to fix this problem?

thedre
    Participant

When you say that the page refreshes do you mean that the captcha comes on and says are you human? and once you answer, your page is blank? @Normanbates2

Norman Bates 2
      Participant

No. I would go to an article, go to the bottom to type a comment, click post comment, it refreshes, I scroll down to see my comment, but it’s not there. The same thing happens on trying to post on forums.

thedre
        Participant

@normanbates2 Try this. The next time that this happens, push the back arrow button, on the top left of the page, then scroll down to the reply box. Your message should still be there, if so, just press the SUBMIT BUTTON AGAIN, and it should upload. Try this, and let me know if it works, cause if not than you would have to ask Mark.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  thedre.

Norman Bates 2
        Participant

Just tried that and it didn’t work. What’s the best way to get in contact with Mark? On here or email?

Incarvillea
    Participant

I am unsure if I am in the same situation: I attempted to comment on a story I liked and said comment is awaiting “moderator approval.”
    Just my luck, hehe.. Just as I was attempting to be an active member, too! 💔

Enigman
    Participant

yeah mine too, it says, ” Your comment is awaiting moderation.”

All newbs have their first comment moderated. It’s a standard procedure and is a default on any WP based website as a first line of defence against spam and other forms of abuse. Every single member had their first comment moderated, only you don’t hear them whine about it. I’m understandably reluctant to approve whiners’ comments, cause that’s about what I can expect from their future comments.

Norman Bates 2
      Participant

Mine doesn’t say that. I was able to post comments before, but all of a sudden, my comments won’t show.

Norman Bates 2
    Participant

No, nothing like that shows up.

Norman Bates 2
    Participant

Alright, I’ll try again later. Thank you for the help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.