Depressed people gather together

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Health Depressed people gather together

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Spock 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

itsplaster
    Participant
    Goints: 2,091
    VIP – Server Donor

I remember being 14 years old and totally into death metal and black metal. I remember adults thinking that the music must’ve made me depressed because I was always sullen and sad. But that’s not the order of it. I became sullen and sad and then I turned to death metal. And I found a bunch of people just like me. The same for horror movies, literature and sites like Bestgore. I don’t think these turn people into depressed humans. I think depressed humans seek these refuges. I know not every person who visits Bestgore is depressed but almost everybody has been depressed or has a pretty horrible story from their past. And a lot of people are currently depressed. For those members who don’t relate to this, I get it. I’m just saying that people with issues gather in the same places, even by accident.

Lord Wankdust
    Participant
    Goints: 850

In the UK young people under 16/17 are not “tested” for Depression even when referred for psych help and counselling. There is never a diagnosis of Depression. However, once young people turn 17/18 the rates of Depression under psych diagnosis correlate identically with the adult norms as far as percentages go.
    To put it simply, Depression is there from a younger age, it is a part of the Human Condition which young people are affected by as much as the adult population is. Medical and Psychiatric Services simply do not test for it, diagnose it or attempt to treat it in young people.
    Instead young people self-medicate with Death Metal, Glue and Self-Harm.
    Proper treatment could involve Captain Beefheart, Weed and a rigorous daily Masturbation regime.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lord Wankdust.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Lord Wankdust.

Elouise
    Participant
    Goints: 27

Been suffering depression for quite a few years now but find this site cheers me up no end 😀

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

Yes, oddly this site seems to attract people who are down and despite the content being “negative”, it makes people happy. I think it’s being part of a community that people enjoy. And it’s people you can be yourself with. “Out there”, looking at dead people seems quite weird. “In here”, it’s quite normal.

GDPR Harvester
    Goints: 0

It’s been ten long years since depression and anxiety striked me, and they are with me to this day.

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

That suck. I’m really sorry. You can always complain here.

No{R}way
    Participant
    Goints: 12

Funny, i have not been thinking about that before it was said here, I also have deep depression and anxiety but find this site relaxing. Crazy?

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@vgard123 Nebby – I think it seems to be a common occurrence here. I first came to this site around 2014 and I was down then. I got really busy and didn’t return until a year ago. I had just gotten injured, couldn’t work and felt down and it helped to be back.

No{R}way
    Participant

Strange way to recreation, well.. what ever who works 😃👍

No{R}way
    Participant

Strange way to recreation, well.. what ever who works 😃👍

Dont Come Near Me
    Participant
    Goints: 24

I have anxiety and this site community just makes me angry

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@stayback Why do visit if it makes you angry? I get angry too sometimes but it passes. And there are plenty of people I like here as well.

Dont Come Near Me
        Participant
        Goints: 24

The community does, not the site itself, that’s why I still visit

itsplaster
        Participant
        VIP – Server Donor

I’m glad you stick around.

Adi007
    Participant
    Goints: 34

It’s been 4 yrs. Still depressed

PANTERA
      Participant
      Goints: 8

How have you been feeling?

Mr Spock
    Participant
    Goints: 606

I don’t really suffer from depression or anxiety because I tend to be unemotional.

However, just because someone lacks emotion doesn’t mean that they don’t care about anything or anyone.
    Logically you can only control what is in your remit. Worrying about things that you can’t change is useless.

As world class sprinter Usain Bolt said: “You can only work on having your best moves and paces. You can’t always control outcomes. How it’s gonna be, is how it’s gonna be”.

When I’ve had a bad day, I like to look at Gore. And then I can say “Shit. At least I’m still alive”.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Mr Spock.

Goynz-ваLance
      Participant
      Goints: 1,327

Unemotional is best I think. Emotionalism, along with ignorance, forever stand between man and Truth.

Empty soul
    Participant
    Goints: 2,810

@mrspock

Depression is a state of hopelessness by its very nature because if there was a simple, obvious solution for it one would merely be suffering from a bad day or two in-between long lasting bouts of contentment and happiness rather than the prolonged agitation, moroseness and misery that the clinically depressed usually go through.

That said, being unemotional usually means that one has not had their life torn asunder yet. Imagine being diagnosed with terminal cancer whilst you are still young and fit. Imagine losing your job with a mortgage hanging over your head and kids to feed whilst there are very few employment opportunities currently going as well as a large amount of unemployed people competing against you for them. Imagine you are an experienced worker born and bred in western Europe who gets made redundant and left to rot because free market economics means that a Romanian can do the same job as you but for a fraction of the cost(and be damned cost of living differences and quality control).

The above are just some of the reasons why one cannot remain unemotional in the face of facts because remaining unemotional and therefore unperturbed would mean that we act complicit in our own decay and destruction which would be ill-fitting for any life form that holds its individuality as its defining characteristic as we human beings do.

Your statement then that “Worrying about things that you can’t change is useless.“ becomes empty sounding rhetoric for those who are say homeless and living on the streets wherein day to day survival is very much an occupier of worry and also those who are in debt or those with terminal illnesses etc.

Personally speaking I am more logical than most people I have ever met and yet even I understand that logic becomes emotional when times are personally hard and from there emotion often gets tied up with and often supports logic because we human beings are both emotional and logical at any given time depending upon the experience at hand. I.e., if it affects us personally it is emotionally processed and if it does not it is logically processed.

To conclude, we are only non-feeling so long as distance is perceived and when the horrors we see elsewhere become our own reality the rules suddenly change and we become emotional and therefore personally involved.

Within the above depression is no doubt understood better. Depression is therefore emotional suffering where others might see logic as both suffering and logic are unique to individual experience because after all we all experience life and it’s varying differences individually depending upon our own experiences and entry points in life.

What may be a simple change for some can be a far more difficult change for others.

Mr Spock
      Participant
      Goints: 606

You’reright, @emptysoul.
      It’s easy to be unemotional if nothing extremely bad, which has no solution or escape, happens to you, or if you’re just an observer.

I’m very sure that if was diagnosed with terminal cancer tomorrow, or if I had a vehicular accident and lost both my legs, the notion of “Don’t worry about things you cannot do anything about” would not really work. That only works if your bigger picture is still positive, you’re still in the running and have hopes for things that are bigger than your setback. But in a state of absolute and permanent despair, where you have nothing to live for, and there’s no way out, it doesn’t work. Because you now have a problem which threatens your essential identity.

Well I guess I’m a very lucky man, then. :). I’ve not had really bad stuff happen to me. Then again, I’ve never had brilliant, mind-blowing stuff happen to me either.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.