Depressed people gather together

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Health Depressed people gather together

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  itsplaster 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

itsplaster
    Participant

I remember being 14 years old and totally into death metal and black metal. I remember adults thinking that the music must’ve made me depressed because I was always sullen and sad. But that’s not the order of it. I became sullen and sad and then I turned to death metal. And I found a bunch of people just like me. The same for horror movies, literature and sites like Bestgore. I don’t think these turn people into depressed humans. I think depressed humans seek these refuges. I know not every person who visits Bestgore is depressed but almost everybody has been depressed or has a pretty horrible story from their past. And a lot of people are currently depressed. For those members who don’t relate to this, I get it. I’m just saying that people with issues gather in the same places, even by accident.

Lord Wankdust
    Participant

In the UK young people under 16/17 are not “tested” for Depression even when referred for psych help and counselling. There is never a diagnosis of Depression. However, once young people turn 17/18 the rates of Depression under psych diagnosis correlate identically with the adult norms as far as percentages go.
    To put it simply, Depression is there from a younger age, it is a part of the Human Condition which young people are affected by as much as the adult population is. Medical and Psychiatric Services simply do not test for it, diagnose it or attempt to treat it in young people.
    Instead young people self-medicate with Death Metal, Glue and Self-Harm.
    Proper treatment could involve Captain Beefheart, Weed and a rigorous daily Masturbation regime.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Lord Wankdust.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Lord Wankdust.

Elouise
    Participant

Been suffering depression for quite a few years now but find this site cheers me up no end 😀

itsplaster
      Participant

Yes, oddly this site seems to attract people who are down and despite the content being “negative”, it makes people happy. I think it’s being part of a community that people enjoy. And it’s people you can be yourself with. “Out there”, looking at dead people seems quite weird. “In here”, it’s quite normal.

felipe.s
    Participant

It’s been ten long years since depression and anxiety striked me, and they are with me to this day.

itsplaster
      Participant

That suck. I’m really sorry. You can always complain here.

Nebby
    Participant

Funny, i have not been thinking about that before it was said here, I also have deep depression and anxiety but find this site relaxing. Crazy?

itsplaster
      Participant

@vgard123 Nebby – I think it seems to be a common occurrence here. I first came to this site around 2014 and I was down then. I got really busy and didn’t return until a year ago. I had just gotten injured, couldn’t work and felt down and it helped to be back.

Nebby
    Participant

Strange way to recreation, well.. what ever who works 😃👍

Nebby
    Participant

Strange way to recreation, well.. what ever who works 😃👍

Dont Come Near Me
    Participant

I have anxiety and this site community just makes me angry

itsplaster
      Participant

@stayback Why do visit if it makes you angry? I get angry too sometimes but it passes. And there are plenty of people I like here as well.

Dont Come Near Me
        Participant

The community does, not the site itself, that’s why I still visit

itsplaster
        Participant

I’m glad you stick around.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.