I require assistance from you all.

Best Gore Forums More Gore Self Inflicted Injuries I require assistance from you all.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Aleda Aleda 1 day ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Justchillin12
    Justchillin12
    Participant

Hello all. I’m currently in the market for some self harm. Because fuck life and I like pain. However, I am somewhat limited to my self harm knowledge. I know that there are many many more ways to cause pain to one’s self than simply cutting. So if you would all be so kind, let me know any and all types of self harm that you know of.
    (Methods I currently know: Cutting, burning, Beating, whipping, self stitching, and deprivation.)

Profile photo of danielvalient
    danielvalient
    Participant

Lately I’ve been getting kind of interested in self amputation

Profile photo of Logan
    Logan
    Participant

@justchillin12 Why do you want to hurt yourself?

Justchillin12
      Participant

Because I love the feeling. I enjoy pain. It’s pretty simple really

Profile photo of Karma

At least make it look pretty.. like cut a mermaid or something.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 15 hours ago by Profile photo of Karma Karma.
    Profile photo of Der Kopfsammler
    Der Kopfsammler
    Participant

Tase yourself.

Justchillin12
      Participant

Interesting…

Profile photo of thedre
        thedre
        Participant

Try shoving a living Cobra up your ass! 😉

Profile photo of Enigman
    Enigman
    Participant

Stub your pinky toe…it’s fun plus you can do it over and over. 😀

Justchillin12
      Participant

Well while it does hurt. Not enough pain for me.

This is just fucking insane! I can’t understand why people would hurt themselves, I love my body, I love myself, and I’ll never let nobody’s hurt me for no reason, you guys, I swear you just need some more self-esteem!

Justchillin12
      Participant

Well you aren’t me. You haven’t lived my life. I know it’s hard to understand but I love pain. I love the feeling of suffering. I love blood and I love Harming others. It’s who I am.

Profile photo of Karma

What you find beautiful might be different to others. It’s like tattoos, some think they’re beautiful and others despise the idea them. Some people find scars beautiful and seeing them makes them happy, also some people realise we are all going to end up rotten corpses so… might as well do what feels good to it right?!

Profile photo of Aleda
    Aleda
    Participant

I wouldn’t feel comfortable telling someone how to hurt themselves

Profile photo of thedre
      thedre
      Participant

Me either, so i told him to shove a living snake up his ass, lol.

Profile photo of Aleda
        Aleda
        Participant

Well you are going to get all sort of opinions you opened yourself up to it @justchillin12 😂

• This reply was modified 1 day ago by Profile photo of Aleda Aleda.
        • This reply was modified 1 day ago by Profile photo of Aleda Aleda.
      Justchillin12
      Participant

Relax. I promise I won’t be fine. But seriously stop with telling me not to harm myself. My choice

Profile photo of MonicaluvDweeds
    MonicaluvDweeds
    Participant

… get those huge piercings and hang from your whole backside. *.*

Profile photo of Rotwang Kuffar
    Rotwang Kuffar
    Participant

Branding irons – easy to buy or easy to make. And it’s a different kind of burning.

Profile photo of Karma

Do full impalement through feet and hands or anywhere really but make sure you look up where your bones are.

Hang upside down while you watch TV and soon enough it will hurt and in a different way than any of the others you have done.

Pull yourself up by your hair if you can manage a device like that.

Use a normal shaving razor and shave your skin as hard as you can, this is a weird tingly but throbbing pain which is made worse by the air exposure to flesh.

Pour vinegar or lemon on your wounds.

If you can, get acid that is potent enough to do damage but controllable.

Fill you bath with ice and rub salt on yourself.

If you need more just start chopping bits of flesh off, don’t kill yourself though, so be careful. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 day, 23 hours ago by Profile photo of Karma Karma.
      Profile photo of Rotwang Kuffar
      Rotwang Kuffar
      Participant

@behindthewalls You’re good

Profile photo of Karma

Aw thank you, I don’t even hurt myself. So sweet that you think I am good at helping people hurt themselves aha! Really this a just a few things I would do to others I’m pissed at haha.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 1 hour ago by Profile photo of Karma Karma.
    Profile photo of Loosythepoosy
    Loosythepoosy
    Participant

Tie a rope around your chest and have someone drag you behind a car on a gravel road. Then crack open some old car batteries and dump the acid all over yourself. WTF, I don’t get all this. Fucking do ONE thing positive for someone else, then another thing. Then STOP being a pathetic asshole.

Profile photo of illegalsmile55
      illegalsmile55
      Participant

I’m with @loosythepoosy, “pay attention to me everybody!”

I actually love your comment about doing something positive for another, and if you don’t want to do something nice for another human, try an animal. Its what I do, I volunteer at the local animal shelter and I love it, it makes me feel great. I like you. 🙂

Profile photo of Logan
    Logan
    Participant

I don’t think you are mentally right upstairs and yes i don’t understand why you would want to hurt yourself< what is the feeling you get from hurting yourself? why do you enjoy pain?, Don’t you think your way of thinking is not normal, Have you been diagnosed with a mental condition?

This copy and paste is from “scientific American”
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-pain-can-make-you-fee/#

But does this describe you @justchillin12

What do you do when you’re stressed out? Talk to friends? Listen to music? Have a drink, or eat some ice cream? Or maybe practice yoga? These things are all pleasant options, and they’re obvious, effective ways to deal with stress. Chances are that you would not even think about doing something like, say, cutting your arm with a knife until you draw blood. Yet inflicting pain is exactly what millions of Americans – particularly adolescents and young adults – do to themselves when they’re stressed.

This is called nonsuicidal self-injury (NSSI), and it most commonly takes the form of cutting or burning the skin. Traditionally, many doctors, therapists, and family members have believed that people engage in NSSI primarily to manipulate others. However, recent research has found that such social factors only motivate a minority of cases and usually represent cries for help rather than coldhearted attempts to exploit caretakers. Although there are many reasons why people engage in this kind of self-injury, the most commonly reported reason is simple, if seemingly odd: to feel better. Several studies support the claim that self-inflicted pain can lead to feeling better. For example, Schmahl and colleagues scanned the brains of people with a history of NSSI during a painful experimental task designed to mimic NSSI. They found that the pain led to decreased activity in the areas of the brain associated with negative emotion. The reality of this effect provokes a perplexing question: How could self-inflicted pain possibly lead to feeling better?

One possible answer to this question is that some people are simply hard-wired to like pain. Although NSSI is associated with an increased pain threshold and tolerance, people who engage in NSSI still report feeling pain and, furthermore, report that this pain is unpleasant. Moreover, if these people are hard-wired to like pain, it is unclear why they primarily engage in NSSI when stressed or why they stick to moderate self-injury (e.g., cutting the skin) rather than severe self-injury (e.g., limb amputation).

Another possible answer is that these people want to punish themselves and that they simply like punishment. It is true that self-punishment is a commonly reported reason for engaging in NSSI; however, by definition, punishments increase negative emotion and make a behavior less likely to occur in the future. Thus, self-punishment may motivate some of these people, but self-punishment cannot be the reason that NSSI reduces bad feelings. During NSSI, something else must accompany the negative emotion associated with self-punishment and pain. Exciting new research now suggests that this “something else” is the relief that occurs when something that causes acute, intense pain is removed.

To illustrate this effect, imagine that one morning you visit the doctor for a routine check-up, and later that afternoon the doctor’s office calls to inform you that you’re in the advanced stages of cancer and have weeks to live…. Now imagine that the doctor’s office calls back five minutes later and tells you that they mixed up your lab work with someone else’s – you’re actually in good health. You would not immediately go back to how you felt before the first phone call; rather, you would feel extreme relief, lasting for hours or even days. Note that it was not a reward (e.g., winning the lottery) that made you feel better, only the introduction and removal of something unpleasant.

New research suggests that the introduction and removal of physical pain may have a similar effect. Tanimoto and colleagues found that fruitflies avoided odors associated with the introduction of a shock, but approached odors associated with the removal of a shock. Similarly, Bresin and colleagues found that the removal various forms of experimental pain were associated with a reduction in negative emotion in people with no history of NSSI. This relief effect was particularly strong for people who had higher levels of negative emotion. This latter finding may help to explain why people with higher levels of negative emotion are more likely to engage in NSSI: they have more negative emotion to reduce, and thus more relief to gain. Using biological measures, Franklin and colleagues obtained similar effects in both people with and without a history of NSSI. These new findings are especially interesting because it turns out that both general negative emotion and pain-induced negative emotion are processed in the same brain areas. This means that pain relief and emotional relief are essentially the same thing. Indeed, it was recently shown that pain relievers like acetaminophen also relieve emotional pain.

Many people find that it’s hard to get emotional relief with traditional strategies (e.g., talking with friends). Consequently, they may resort to generating pain relief in order to generate emotional relief. Unfortunately, this also means that they have to generate acute, intense pain; that is, they have to engage in NSSI. Despite being an effective emotion relief strategy, NSSI is also a health-risk behavior that is associated with an increased risk of suicide. In short, NSSI can be a good thing for temporary emotional relief, but it’s a bad thing for health.

The vast majority of people who engage in NSSI are not seeking to manipulate anyone and they’re not wired differently than the rest of us. They simply tap into the natural emotional relief that accompanies the removal of intense, acute pain. They do this because they have trouble finding healthier ways to reduce their stress. Accordingly, ostracizing people who engage in NSSI only creates more stress and makes NSSI worse. The best way to help someone who engages in NSSI is to guide them to healthier ways to feel better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.