I have exactly zero interest in NASCAR and even I found this video really interesting. It serves as a compilation of accidents, some fatal, that prompted improvements in the safety of the motorsport complete with detailed commentary.
Anything – sport, business, transport, always has a price in blood for safety. The 8 minute compilation below is a sobering reminder of the price in blood, with info on whose blood it was, when it comes to NASCAR.
Fatal accidents included are:
- Fireball Roberts, who died six weeks after suffering severe burns in a 1964 crash
- Mike Rich, a member of Bill Elliott’s pit crew, fatally crushed between Elliott’s car and one driven by Ricky Rudd in 1990
- Dale Earnhardt, killed by a head injury sustained in what should have been a minor collision in 2001
The video also shows several spectacular non-fatal crashes, including one that ended the careers of two drivers. Somebody should sell a road car with all the NASCAR safety features – anybody whose watched a few dashcam crashes will want one.
What People Searched For To Land Here:
- ricky rudd kills pit crew
- mike rich nascar
- fatal racing crashes compilation
- Fireball Roberts Fatal Crash
- gory nascar crashes