Today’s edition of Best Gore Members Rock is brought to you by Best Gore memeber @celestetheviking, who burned her leg falling asleep next to a space heater:
I fell asleep beside a space heater and woke up about 20 minutes later with a third degree burn to my thigh. It got infected with cellulitis and I had to get an intravenous antibiotic to combat the infection. The cellulitis had me sweating, freezing, shaking and screaming.
I had to go see a plastic surgeon who told me I definitely needed a skin graft but I am a chronic pain patient with a huge tolerance to opiates so I asked him what he was going to do to control my pain after the surgery.
His answer was this: “Well, we’re going to give you what we think should work and it’s not going to be strong enough for you and you’re going to get mad and leave. And it’s going to hurt like hell”. So obviously I left there and just let it heal on its own.
Cellulitis, according to the Merck Manuals for Health Professionals, is acute bacterial infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue most often caused by streptococci or staphylococci. Thanks a lot for sharing the pics with us, @celestetheviking. It did heal pretty good and left you a nice scar: