Reply To: Say something to @icecreamlair

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else Say something to @icecreamlair Reply To: Say something to @icecreamlair

Empty soul
Participant

@icecreamlair

“You got some good taste ES… Some are just slightly dated… Not to be prejudice… Im a picky fucker“.

To be fair I’m a bit dated as well. Lol.

So you’re an American, that would explain why you hadn’t seen my previous mentions and why Monty Python didn’t work for you.

Yeah, Withnail and I was good. A lot of our comedies and tv shows in general are very British and don’t translate well to overseas audiences and vice versa. A bit like how I never found “Friends” or “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” enjoyable even though I found Alyson Hannigan very, very enjoyable.

I did enjoy the cheesy 90’s American action shows the first time around though. Hercules, Xena warrior princess, Andromeda etc. Anything with Kevin Sorbo in it tends to be humorous.

To get back to dark comedies, one of my favourite tv shows was Lexx. It was excellent. Movie wise, the Evil Dead films, the Re-animator films etc. The first Toxic Avenger movie was a riot.

As for more modern stuff, I liked Dodgeball with Ben Stiller. The first Zoolander movie was good as well.

I really can’t think of anything more modern I liked comedy wise. They don’t make them like they used to I find.