Reply To: Nu Male Fear Grin

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Gender Studies Nu Male Fear Grin Reply To: Nu Male Fear Grin

Empty soul
Participant

@happy

There is an academic field dedicated to this kind of study called Physiognomy, derived from Greek and meaning “nature interpreter”. The dictionary definition being;

“a person’s features or characteristic expression considered as an indication of personality”.

In fact it is an ancient field of study going back thousands of years.

Here is a quote from Aristotle on the matter,

“It is possible to infer character from features, if it is granted that the body and the soul are changed together by the natural affections: I say “natural”, for though perhaps by learning music a man has made some change in his soul, this is not one of those affections natural to us; rather I refer to passions and desires when I speak of natural emotions. If then this were granted and also that for each change there is a corresponding sign, and we could state the affection and sign proper to each kind of animal, we shall be able to infer character from features”.

More recently however there was a study done last year I think that showed that an AI programme designed to study facial features could determine sexuality and the AI got it right around 75%(or thereabout) of the time.

Anyway, to get to the point and address the faces in this post.

The following quote from the American movie director David Fincher fits quite well here I think,

“We’re designed to be hunters and we’re in a society of shopping. There’s nothing to kill anymore, there’s nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created“.

Put simply Mark, the men in your post are the men who have discarded their masculinity and adopted the feminine as a survival mechanism in order to fit in with their liberal social environment.

Their wide open grin is not a fear based expression in the literal sense of the word but fear does come into it I guess in that it is a fear of not belonging and being put at a distance from the people they wish to reach and be physically near to(those who use words like toxic masculinity) so they emasculate themselves to rid themselves of all possible toxicness, lol.

It is very much social class based for the most part though because in a European working class type environment you would get your head kicked in and called a poof for pulling such a face whereas in a middle class, liberal/progressive type environment they would say that you are socially “woke” and give you a great big pat on the back.

It goes back to that original quote I guess in that middle class liberalism is a society of shopping whereas for the struggling working classes their society is one of fighting therefore the former favours male weakness whereas the latter favours male strength.

Well, the above is my take on it anyway.