Reply To: Iceland Food’s TV Christmas Advert Banned for Being Too Political

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Politics Iceland Food’s TV Christmas Advert Banned for Being Too Political Reply To: Iceland Food’s TV Christmas Advert Banned for Being Too Political

Empty soul
Participant

@lady-lexis

“It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Iceland had created this advert with the full knowledge that it would be banned”.

They played an absolute blinder that’s for sure.

Had it been kept they would have got to play their good vs evil hand wherein all the competition are made out to be evil and if it were to be banned it would create the exact same thing but on a magnitude far greater. A win/win tactic.

I think Iceland have an evil genius on their hands here. The creator will definitely get that raise.

You see this sort of tactic in the modelling industry a lot wherein they promote disabled or obese models and make them run the catwalks. I even saw one where they used down syndrome people as models for their catwalks.

The above obviously causes quite a bit of controversy which makes it trend on the internet and garners huge amounts of free publicity for the modelling agency because now everybody is talking about them.

What they don’t point out though is that these disabled, obese models are only ever used by the agencies every now and then and 90% of the time it is back to normal with classical looking models.

Basically what they are doing is glamorising physical imperfection in an attempt to rejuvenate their own market of physical perfection by breaking the monotony temporarily because the world of modelling is saturated with perfect looking people and often becomes routine and boring to look at which amounts to lower publicity and therefore lower sales.

As you might expect though the modelling agencies don’t actually give a shit about imperfect people, they just use them for their own gains.

Politicians often do the same. Pretending to care about things they couldn’t give a fuck about because there are gains to be made that way.

It’s a shallow world.