Reply To: WHY CAN WE NOT ALL GET ALONG?? FLAT OR GLOBE EARTH BELIEVERS??

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant World Events WHY CAN WE NOT ALL GET ALONG?? FLAT OR GLOBE EARTH BELIEVERS?? Reply To: WHY CAN WE NOT ALL GET ALONG?? FLAT OR GLOBE EARTH BELIEVERS??

Empty soul
Participant

@thedre

I will be first to admit that I did in fact choose to stop talking to you for a while and not because I started to dislike you but because I felt I would be walking on eggshells around you as a result of your previously held venomous, rigid and insurmountable approach to conversation. Plus I am drunk and depressed most nights and so really can’t be doing with all the extra hassle.

The Dre of old was a cool guy you could relax, debate and have a laugh with regardless of held differences but you went through a phase recently where you took everything far too seriously, placed a bubble around yourself and attacked everyone found to be outside of that bubble.

This is not unique to you though. I have noticed this happening to a lot of people in recent years because the world is becoming more and more socially and politically separated and charged and as a result people are becoming more angered, self-looking and distant to one another and the internet helps this along immensely because people can stratify themselves accordingly whereas previously before the internet we had to physically face each other and endure, tolerate and/or reconcile our differences.

I also noticed that your recent spell of angered conversation happened after you retired from work as a result of the accident. I expect what happened then is that with all the pain meds you were on and the isolation and free time you had from being retired you spent more and more time on your computer reading up on and becoming more entrenched in your views and this caused the anger issues because the more emotionally invested and dependent you are on something the more you take umbrage with those who question it.

Anyway. As long as you tone it down a bit and get back to being the Dre of old that we all know and love people will want to talk with you once more and debate with you once again.

The whole world has many peoples and many more beliefs that are not always shared so you can’t allow yourself to get emotional and defensive every time someone questions your own. I am not saying you have to be nice to everyone and respect them. If someone insults you and makes fun of your beliefs then by all means insult them back but if someone just questions your beliefs in a reasonable way then take a similar approach to them in return.

Style your approach and responses via the individual, not the questions they pose.