Reply To: Six-Millionites Have Been Developing Coronavirus Vaccines Since Before Outbreak

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Health Six-Millionites Have Been Developing Coronavirus Vaccines Since Before Outbreak Reply To: Six-Millionites Have Been Developing Coronavirus Vaccines Since Before Outbreak

GDPR Harvester
Keymaster

I’m with you, Bob…..no vaccine here. Unless something spreads like an aerosol, it’s pretty easy to keep yourself healthy. Handwashing really is a very good way to keep bugs away from you because the vast majority of diseases are passed on by you touching someone or something which is contaminated and then touching your face. I was reading an article/post a few weeks back which made the point that people touch their face as many as 2000 times a day! I doubted that at first and then I sat down to do absolutely nothing but concentrate on NOT touching my face. I was astounded as to how many times I had to stop myself from doing it in such a short time. Also, even when I was focused on not doing it, I still did it a few times!

I haven’t had a cold for over a decade. If I know someone is infected or their kids are, I keep away from them. If I am around someone who seems to have some kind of viral infection I don’t get close, I NEVER shake their hand or have any kind of contact, and I make a beeline to some place to clean my hands and face when I’m away from them. Most of the time I have some kind of sanitisation on me or close by.

Did you see what officials in the UK said? They want 60% of the people to catch it for “herd immunity”, and to stop it becoming a yearly thing. That’s 40 million people infected, 8 million of which will require hospital attention. Yeah, sure, I can see the NHS coping with that….NOT! I guess the upside of all that for the government will be the hundreds of thousands of old people who will die and will no longer be a pension- or a health-burden to them.

Anyway, the fact they were working on a vaccine well before the outbreak speaks volumes to me. They can take their needle and shove it their own ass, not mine! @hamburgerbob