Reply To: Economic Collapse – How are you affected?

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant World Events Economic Collapse – How are you affected? Reply To: Economic Collapse – How are you affected?

GDPR Harvester
Keymaster

As I’m the one who’s started this I guess it’s only fair that I should be first to say something. It’s not very exciting in my life so don’t expect to be riveted by what I’m about to say.

It’s not looking likely that I will experience any major financial problems because I don’t have a job or business that might be in jeopardy. I’m 60 and have chronic illnesses which prevent me from working. I used to run a business for someone until I became really ill and from then it kinda went tits-up where work was concerned. Now I have a disability income which is neither large nor small and when I’m 66 it will gain a full pension. I don’t owe anyone anything, I live in rented accommodation and the rent is covered by my disability and, being in the UK, I am fully covered with regard to medical expenses including free prescriptions. I have more than enough to live on and am able to put a reasonable amount aside each month though I do NOT keep it in a bank nor do I hold any stocks now. All my wealth, bar a bit of cash for some bills, is in gold and silver and monthly cash excess is used for precious metals. I am not interested at all in any kind of paper money because it’s all going to zero – but that’s another story. So for now I am just sitting back, minding my own business, and keeping away from the outside world whilst all this mess is happening. When everything collapses completely I will turn to my precious metals for survival.

So, as you can see, I’m kinda dodging the shit that’s happening right now, and as long as I can stay healthy, I should be okay. I’m not living the life-of-Riley but I’m not going hungry either. I have around 6 months of non-perishable food and bottled water stocked up – a lot more if you take into account the stuff like pasta and rice that I have. At present, food supplies are still available and I buy some every week even if I consider I don’t need it. For now I am able to maintain a supply of fresh food but if that supply runs out then I’m good for at least 6 months. The stocking up that I did wasn’t because of the Coronavirus – I’d completed my stocks before others had even started – it was because I have been saying for a long time that the markets were going to collapse. The key moment for me was when the Repo Market blew up last September; that’s when I began stocking, water to start with, and then I moved onto food.

So that’s my position, what’s yours?