Reply To: anybody

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else anybody Reply To: anybody

deathbyduck87
Participant

@spanishbarbie You’re very welcome. I understand how it feels when life goes completely off the rails. I was 22 when I had my accident, and I almost didn’t get to see 23. I’ll be 30 in January, and for about 5 years or so I just sat around waiting to die. I woke up to pain,if I slept at all, and went to bed the same way as I woke. I didn’t eat. I’m 6’1″ so I was Christian Bale in The Mechanic skinny. Finally,after I had my daughter,I found a doctor, got my pain under control,got my shit together,and put on 45lbs of lean muscle. I lost so much I didn’t see the point of trying to fix something that wasn’t fixable. I felt disgusting, because of who I had become. I never claimed to be super model hot, but I was a decent looking, athletic guy who took pride in being healthy and working hard. After I got the pain under control I took out my frustration at the gym, obviously I can’t do a lot of things that I used to before without hurting myself,and that has helped a ton with depression. It’s hard to be a 29 year old disabled man with dentures, because most of my teeth were knocked out of my head, and not having the ability to to provide the way I would like to. I am in no position to judge you, because I don’t know you or your situation. That being said it sounds like you are an intelligent, down to earth, caring person with a lot going for you. You sound much happier after a few days with your kids and sometimes just looking in the eyes of the most beautiful part of your life is all it takes to bring things into perspective for you. I hope that you are still in a good place and if you ever need to vent let me know and I’ll definitely be there to listen.