Reply To: WHERE WE LIVE, AND THE INCREDIBLE TRUTH THAT WAS HIDDEN FROM US ALL

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant World Events WHERE WE LIVE, AND THE INCREDIBLE TRUTH THAT WAS HIDDEN FROM US ALL Reply To: WHERE WE LIVE, AND THE INCREDIBLE TRUTH THAT WAS HIDDEN FROM US ALL

undergroundweller
Participant

Holy Christ, lots of videos. I haven’t watched any as I quite recently took a look at the flat earth theory, including on another post on BG. The model with Antarctica on the edges is pretty interesting. One good way to disprove or prove the model would be flying over Antarctica, but that hasn’t happened. Let’s wait for the day they do it, although, I presume that flat earth proponents don’t believe in Amundsen, Scott and the other expeditions reaching the Southern pole, that is, they maybe think that the expeditions did not really happen. Nevertheless, by observing what is more close to me I still think that I live in a round earth. I looked from an airplane window and could see what was a curvature of the earth. That can be tricky, though, as the earth is a geoid, so it has irregularities. That’s what I think could explain why Kansas is flat, that is, if those studies were true (I didn’t look in depth at them). Another point is that if the earth were a disk, the distance between places in the southern hemisphere should be greater than in the Northern, that is, the Southern hemisphere would be bigger in a flat earth model than the Northern. I find that hard to believe from my experience, specially as I used UTM coordinates in Brazil and in Spain and Ireland in field trips, and didn’t notice a great difference, and none of my friends that have been to different hemispheres did. Another point that flat earth proponents make is that the earth is not spinning as a helicopter lifts off. That can be explained by conservation of momentum, as you keep moving along with the same speed of the ground after lift off (supposedly the coriolis effect accounts for that, although I’ve never seen a concrete proof of the effect, besides cyclones on TV). For instance, it’s similar from when you drop a bomb or anything from a plane (visible in WW2 films) and it keeps moving with the same speed as it had at the moment the plane dropped the bomb. The same when one jumps off a train in movement. One point flat earth proponents put forth is that the camera points to the horizon (at least in the video I saw), but for me that’s what they did, they pointed the camera at the horizon directly, instead of maintaining it in a horizontal position, so that doesn’t prove anything to me. There is a video I am linking that shows the curvature of the earth, if it is fake I don’t know (and I recognize that Red Bull is not that credible), but seems legitimate as far as I could see. Finally, I’ve seen videos of ships disappearing in the ocean. If the earth were flat, I’d imagine that they would progressively fade away and get distorted, until they became a dot and merged with the distance. Nonetheless, they seem to disappear under the ocean before fading away. The same with the sun, if it were hovering close above us it would slowly fade away, but it does seem to get out of our view ”at once” and not fade away. I guess that’s why it’s called a setting sun.
So I still think we live on a geoid, or round earth, if you will.