Reply To: Why are there more men than women in prison (worldwide)?

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Gender Studies Why are there more men than women in prison (worldwide)? Reply To: Why are there more men than women in prison (worldwide)?

Mr Spock
Participant

@Itsplaster. No, I don’t think that women, who account for roughly half the world’s population, commit more murders than women. I think men commit many more murders, each year than women do.

However, although committing fewer murders and crimes than men, women are also given more lenient sentences (as Mark’s list of weblinks showed) when they DO commit those crimes. So there are going to be even fewer women than men in prisons. I believe this is because most judges are middle-class males from sheltered backgrounds with old-fashioned values on chivalry towards the gentler sex.

I also believe that most judges are educated on the psychology of females. When a female murders, it is more like a “crime of passion”, i.e. something done in great emotional distress, because women feel the anger and hurt of betrayal far worse than men do, and it is very difficult for them to get over it. Whereas when men kill, it is unusually as a result of cold blooded convenience, a planned act.
Most of the murders here on Best Gore are by men (95%), and relate to hitmen doing their job.