Account Deletion Email Not Received

Best Gore Forums Best Gore Website Website Support Account Deletion Email Not Received

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vincit Omnia Veritas 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

WeirdDude39
    Spectator
    Goints: 17

It’s been more than ten hours since I requested my account deletion and I haven’t received a single email to “confirm” my request. Why is it taking so long?

Vincit Omnia Veritas
    Keymaster
    Goints: 63,708

You need to use this form to have an account deleted:

The procedure cannot be initiated without the confirmation from the holder of the email account associated with the profile. There is no issue whatsoever with email delivery, so check your junk mail folder to make sure the email did not end up there.

WeirdDude39
    Spectator
    Goints: 17

I checked my Gmail Spam folder and there isn’t a single message about the account deletion.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
    Keymaster
    Goints: 63,708

I can’t manually erase the account unless and until the owner of the email address confirms the request for deletion. i tried, but can’t do it. The request has been made, but the owner of the email account has not confirmed they authorize the deletion:

Deletion Request

Everything seems to suggest that you hacked into somebody else’s account and are trying to have it removed without the owner’s knowledge. It is for that reason that the owner of the account needs to confirm the request for deletion. Otherwise other people could make unauthorized requests to remove accounts and associated data of members who may not wish to have their accounts removed. In other words, only the person who created and verified the account with their email address can have the account removed, because the double opt in confirmation from the same email address is required. You don’t seem to have access to said email address which in my mind suggests you are not the legitimate owner of this account.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.