Alcoholism is Not A Disease

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Health Alcoholism is Not A Disease

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Lex3.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Lex3
      Participant
      Lex3
      Participant
      Lex3
      Participant
      Lex3
      Participant
      Lord Wankdust
      Participant

@Lex3 Thanks for posting these links.

The vast majority of people who habitually drink are NOT Alcoholics.

The vast majority of people who drink too much are NOT Alcoholics.

Most people who “lean on ” alcohol are usually stressed, unhappy, bored, lonely, depressed or dealing with some of the bumps in Life’s Highway. Their extended use of alcohol can run from months to years… to a lifetime. But that doesn’t make them Alcoholics. The notion of Alcoholism as a disease (or not) is an interesting one and I very much enjoyed reading those articles Lex3.

It takes many years of liver-crushing, liquor-swilling, stomach-churning, frazzled Pink Elephant psychotic catastrophic drinking to become a proper DT shaking, quaking dipso, brain-fried Alcoholic (or what some people mean by an Alcoholic – the “disease” – totally gonzoed). Alcoholics are actually few and far between in real-life. Because you really have to apply yourself to The Booze, pretty much full-time to go the entire way into that Rabbit Hole. That level of abuse is what destroys the Human System including the brain, and then it runs the husk that is left on Booze Juice. And that isn’t a disease… that is what Alcohol at that level just does to a Human Being.

Lotsa people drink a bit to much… but drinking too much and what we think we know as the disease of Alcoholism are not really strongly related… a bit like feeling a bit sick and Terminal Cancer.

So people – don’t beat yourself up if you drink too much occasionally. Relax. You are NOT an Alcoholic. But you can give yourself a fatty liver, rumbling Kidneys and a tricky stomach if you do it too often. You could lose your driver’s license the next day if you are still over the limit. Watch Out! Eat well and allow yourself some recovery time. Don’t keep getting hammered every night. Have lots of breaks and nights off. Enjoy your booze!

illegalsmile55
        Participant

The Baldwin Research pretty much backs up what I have always thought about alcoholism being a disease. Great read!

Muja Mi Rona
      Participant

I fuckin love booze. 1 bottle of wine plus a litre of cider or beer, or substitute that for 3 litres of cider or beer, that’s my daily dose this last 11 years, haha. I’m always telling myself I’m gonna cut down but it’s far too much fun, especially with a little herb. It makes things so vivid, the music sounds so much better with booze. I’ve never been in hospital or had to visit the doctor. I can’t remember the last time I had a cold and I’m always on time for work. But yeah, I must cut down, after all chicks don’t like that carry-on right. Hahahaha. Quitting for a bish? Never.

illegalsmile55
        Participant

You scared me for a moment there…I bet you can power piss like a pro!

Lord Wankdust
        Participant

@Vybz Kartel I envy your stamina. I had my first legal drink 36 years ago and used to enjoy the level on enjoyment which you currently. However Life changed things for me with certain late-night shift jobs getting in the way of my evening drinking. A beautiful son gave me a lot of reasons to cut back drastically on the libation as I needed to be sober to bathe and feed him. Then I had to be sober in the morning to drive him to Nursery. It is also quite hard to drink heavily when climbing Scottish Mountains (though me and pal did give it a good attempt on a number of occasions!).
        When I was younger and drank more I was also incredibly fit and active so I think that kinda mix of slightly wasted and ultra-fit can help offset the extremes of each. I was happy! I also made sure I always maintained my ability to raise a smile, shiver my timbers and lead-the-Llama-to-the-liftshaft.
        However, Time passes and takes its toll. We must pay the ferryman. I actually paid the actual ferryman in this song.

Most weekends now I look after my elderly parents (they are in their 90’s) so I ain’t really able to drink then much at all. Despite some real bad times recently I am glad to be in one piece and any damage I ever did with booze was to no-one but myself. I look forward to the day sometime soon when I can sit down with my old pal of forty-odd years friendship and sip a few beers in his company.
        Vybz Kartel – enjoy the drinks but the company we keep is really what makes the drinking fun. Sometimes I look back and just wish to have one of those nights thirty years ago that we took for granted… and were over… before we even knew they had started.

Muja Mi Rona
          Participant

😂 Lead the llama to the liftshaft. I can only imagine the type of literature on your bookshelf @lord-wankdust.

Lex3
      Participant

I appreciate the kind words, guys. It’s sad that this propoganda of alcoholism is a “disease” is actually believe by most people. Even with facts, such as the links that I posted, people will still not believe the truth. Scapegoat has become the norm for far too long and it’s not just for alcohol and/or drugs.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.