Any home remedies for toothache? Or I may shoot myself.

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Health Any home remedies for toothache? Or I may shoot myself.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  BOASP 3 months ago.

• Author

itsplaster
    Participant
    Goints: 3,048
    VIP – Server Donor

So, my tooth became noticeably abscessed 2 days ago. I went to the dentist yesterday and was given antibiotics and 800mg ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin.) Within 24 hours, I took 19 tablets. That’s the equivalent of taking 76 over-the-counter ibuprofen. Today, I was given a prescription for Vicodin. I’ve taken 6 in 12 hours. Currently, the pain is bearable but when it gets really bad, it’s the worst pain I’ve ever felt. It easily hurts 10 times worse than breaking both bones in my leg. Aside from making my liver shut down from popping pills, does ANYONE have ANY home remedies?
    My follow-up appointment is Monday and will decide root canal or extraction.
    I also asked if eating chalk did this and the answer was No. Trouble had just been building without my noticing.
    Thanks all!

itsplaster
    Participant
    VIP – Server Donor

@illegalsmile55 You’re the resident good witch. Got anything?
    @lord-wankdust You’re a dad – any tips? (Don’t tell me to suck anything lol)
    @thedre You’re wise. Any ideas?
    Thanks you guys

Vincit Omnia Veritas
    Keymaster
    Goints: 26,327

Have you tried oil pulling with coconut oil followed with a bite into a clove (or a drop of clove essential oil)?

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@happy No, but I will! I forgot you know lots of natural remedies. That’s your thing. Thanks so much. If you think of others, feel free to share. All these pills have made me sick. I cannot put another one into my body. I’m going to have Pete stop by the market when he heads home in a few minutes and look for the clove.

svarg26
    Participant
    Goints: 1,814

@itsplaster maybe try eating some chalk.

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@svarg26 You make laugh. Thanks. That’s good medicine too.

svarg26
        Participant
        Goints: 1,814

@itsplaster lol. do what mark suggested. bite on clove and put one drop of clove essential oil on your toothbrush every time you brush your teeth and use fluoride free toothpaste.

itsplaster
        Participant
        VIP – Server Donor

Thanks. I’m going to do that. I’m looking online for specifics but I did get the ingredients.

illegalsmile55
    Participant
    Goints: 5,536

That would’ve been my suggestion, (clove oil) but some toothaches are telling you there is an infection and nothing will touch that except a trip to the torturer. Don’t mess around with a toothache that gets progressively worse, could be an abscess and you’ll need antibiotics. The word “infucktion” keeps coming up in my brain. This place warps me. πŸ˜€

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@illegalsmile55 The torturer lol gave gave me antibiotics and a bunch of pain pills which I blew through. Never had such pain. It’s abscessed indeed. I did try a variation of Mark’s suggestion, making a compress. It brought the pain level to tolerable and gave me some comfort finally. Thanks @happy and Smile and everyone. It’s not completely eased but it’s much better and I rested a little bit finally.

illegalsmile55
        Participant

@itsplaster
        Haha..I’m such a dip sometimes, I guess I skimmed your original comment this morning, I managed to tell you everything you already knew! Ooops, I was in my go to work mode…
        If Vicodin isn’t helping much, you must be in excruciating pain, especially 6 of them in that amount of time. I’m suprised they even gave you any, they act like it’s coming out of their private stash. I feel for you, what with hitting the wall and now this. Face it, you’re over the hill and undesirable.:-P
        I loved Svargs recommendation, it made me lol too.

itsplaster
        Participant
        VIP – Server Donor

@illegalsmile55 I was in shock they gave me Vicodin too. But they’d seen the abscess which turned into my cheek having a hunchback. Guess they knew I was for real. This is my first abscessed tooth in my life – shit, it’s definitely the wall or the chalk or wall chalk. And you’re no dip, lady! When the revolution comes, you’ll outlast us all with your garden and your awesome skills. I’ll probably just lay in my the street and cry and beg for Oil of Olay.

Lord Wankdust
    Participant
    Goints: 1,533

@itsplaster Get a box of Ibuprofen 400mg tablets. They hit the spot. Anti-inflammatory and they work for toothache. Then get to a fucking dentist ASAP.

Clove Oil can work but I’d go for the Ibuprofen right now!

US names are Brufen, Advil, Motrin and Nurofen. Take plenty and get to a dentists. Teeth don’t get better on their own. A full blown abscess or exposed nerve is not funny.

lady-lexis
    Participant
    Goints: 1,097

My mum would say try swishing your mouth with hot salt water, as hot as you can bear. I’m not sure it’ll touch the sides of the pain you’re in, but it’s antiseptic and should help that infection clear out which is the important thing.

You have my sympathy, I had a few infections in my wisdom teeth before they were extracted. It’s fucking excruciating! x

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@lord-wankdust @lady-lexis I have been taking ibuprofen but have gone back to a normal amount. I ate so many I got sick. I posted here for suggestions. I did Mark’s remedy and a normal amount of ibuprofen and that helped. Lexis, I picked up some sea salt and did the gentle swish – it did help calm the pain. I think the worst has passed since the swelling came down a lot. I think it was pressing relentlessly on the nerve. Now it’s easily 80% better by using various methods from you guys. My actual cheek was huge. I looked like a chipmunk. It’s noticeably smaller now.
      Thanks.

lady-lexis
        Participant
        Goints: 1,097

@itsplaster Oh that’s good, I’m glad it helped some. I wasn’t confident it would since Vicodin and ibuprofen weren’t! The salt swish is pretty good for absesses and ulcers and even strep throat etc if you give it a good gargle. If you go down the route of extraction, it’s a good tip to do the swish a few times a day for a couple of days after surgery too.

After I got an absess in my first wisdom tooth, I paid to have the other fuckers pulled as soon as they came in, LOL. Wasn’t going through that again!!

itsplaster
        Participant
        VIP – Server Donor

@lady-lexis I think reducing the swelling was the key. With the swelling eased, the pain eased. Because that pain was just flipping that Vicodin off like it was baby aspirin lol. I could just feel when whatever was pressing, stopped pressing. You guys are great!

BOASP
    Participant
    Goints: 341

A root canal just prolongs the eventual extraction.
    Giant waste of cash $$$ get it yanked out TODAY !!!

GDPR Harvester
    Goints: 0

@itsplaster
    I already gave you the answer on my topic “Pick a scene, any scene” . Seems you weren’t paying attention in class

BOASP
    Participant

I moved from southern Canada to northern Mexico 32 years ago so I know exactly how you feel about the “slight” change of climate & temperature .
    But yeah it’s DRY HEAT’!!!
    Yuma is a great place if you’re a Hila monster”*
    I met a doc in sun city (God’s waiting room) nw.PHX. , he said treating pain with pills is analogous to cranking up your car stereo when you blow a radiator hose while your engine is 3 quarts low on oil & it starts knocking BAD. It covers up the symptoms but does nothing to fix the problems
    Bad teeth can KILL you the infection in your blood goes right to your heart and causes your whole system to fail.
    Don’t let the dentists b.s. you get that tooth out ASAP.

BOASP
    Participant

@itsplaster good luck with your tooth problems. The “Caine” family does replicate a very loud stereo to drown out the pain. Coc, pro, Lida & nova will numb your gums.
    But please just get that poisonous tooth out .
    And then go to supai falls* or the NORTH rim of grand canyon with Pete for a much deserved vacation. … Payson or Prescott are also nice cooler places to visit to escape the summer heat in Arizona.

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@boasp I’ve been reading on root canals. After all this pain and such, I think I just wanted the tooth pulled. The dentist told me if I didn’t like it in a cosmetic manner, down the road, I can get a fake tooth. It’s a back tooth so I doubt I’d care really. I think I will just get it out. I read about how it can literally get your brain infected! Thanks.

Lord Wankdust
    Participant
    Goints: 1,533

@itsplaster
    Oh yeah! Quit biting down and grinding chunks of chalk, sand and drywall. Your teeth are NOT equipped to break down sedimentary rock… even if it is one of the softer ones. This will lead to cracking your teeth, open up the gumline seal and allow infection in there. This could lead to toothache, infection, gum disease and major discomfort and a BIG dental Bill.
    Crunching down on a full box of sticks of playground chalk, even limiting yourself to one stick at a time… is a road to disaster my dear.

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@lord-wankdust I know and perhaps this was caused by the chalk after all. It is a cracked tooth. Maybe I needed a wake up call. Now, if I grind it up, can I snort the chalk? Kidding!!

itsplaster
    Participant
    VIP – Server Donor

Actually, maybe the chalk cracked my tooth. Damn weird addiction but no pain now and Monday it’s all over. Bye evil tooth. πŸ™‚ thanks all

BOASP
    Participant

@itsplaster any update on evil tooth ?? Pain gone ?
    I’m sure the “torturers” warned you about how to avoid a “dry socket” ,I never had one but my ex did & said pain was worse than the bad toothache , not sure but I think she had surgery to fix it.
    Any way hope you’re doing well.
    Still in Yuma ? Or going back east ?

illegalsmile55
      Participant

@boasp
      Have fun at the fair today! Mmm mmm greasy fair food. I go to a fair nearby that gives free blueberry pies, little mini ones. Yummm…my stomach just growled. πŸ˜€

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@boasp Evil tooth gone! Dry socket avoided. It’s been a week today and healing beautifully with lovely healthy pink gums closing the site. Thanks to you and all for the ideas and advice.

BOASP
    Participant

@illegalsmile55
    Thanks I intend to , but a big NO ! To greasy food.
    Are you working today ?
    If not go catch a 28″ striper*
    X X

BOASP
    Participant

@itsplaster
    Great news , am so glad you didn’t waste cash $$ and try to avoid the inevitable extraction of that “Evil” molar.
    Glad it’s healed pink !
    I bet you felt better 1 hour after it was gone.
    And now I want to hear more good news from you & Pete??
    Please go visit some Arizona territory in the north parts before you move back east …
    I guarantee you will not regret it….. It’s too bad there is very limited employment opportunities in those areas.
    Enjoy the fall weather if & when the Temp gets below 100Β°
    Thanks for the update news !!
    πŸ˜‰

BOASP
    Participant

A grande Ola’ to miss smile @illegalsmie55 & @itsplaster πŸ˜‰
    Since the evil tooth is gone & gums healed nice & Pinkish !!
    Yay I hope noone cares if I use this page to post ..personal ..messages ??
    There is an informal annual air show at my local airport I think it’s called a fly in breakfast?
    Many old vintage planes as well as personal small private (rich peoples toys) aircraft show up each year from all over a 5-6 state area in the Midwest.
    Currently there is two wwII fighter plane’s buzzing my cattle in the pastures. (I live just 2 miles away). Easily one of my favorite days of the whole year !!!!
    I just love all airplanes .
    Too bad that all three of my wealthy friends that had planes are already deceased.
    Dammit !! I guess I should save my pennies & buy my own or go make some new friends ???

BOASP
      Participant

@illegalsmile55
      Check your ‘snail mail’ Fri or Sat I sent you a newspaper clipping about the old warbirds that were buzzing my cattle and geese !!!
      Feel free to forward it to @thedre if you have his new snail mail address?
      PS cooler weather is on the way to both of you.
      I’ve been running around my farm in nothing but boxer-briefs & a t-shirts since may 12th.
      And I just took my girlfriend for an evening stroll , almost let out a Brrrrrrrr*
      Time to break out the sweatpants I guess ??

BOASP
    Participant

Dam it spelt @illegalsile55 ring* rung* W
    ong*
    F it I give upp ^ πŸ˜‰

BOASP
    Participant

@illegalsmile55 one more try ???
    Wtf ???
    Why doesn’t smiles handle * work on this forum page ??
    Any clues @itsplaster ??

BOASP
    Participant

Oh well shit I guess 3rd times a charm !! πŸ˜‰
    I’m all giant thumbs on my stupid
    phone * tiny keypad !! Wishing
    a great Sunday after noon/ NIGHT to both of you lovely ladies.
    MA’s tequila ?

illegalsmile55
      Participant

Hey thumbs,
      You left one letter out of my name, twice, each with a different letter. πŸ˜€
      @boasp

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@boasp You finally got it! Yay!

BOASP
    Participant

@itsplaster & @illegalsmile55
    Double yay thanks !
    Sometimes I remember to proofread b 5 posting , usually though you don’t have to because an auto fill page pops up when using @ before a user names handle * I’d like to blame it on being drunk but I actually was relatively sober Sunday afternoon (OK maybe I still had a slight afterburner buzz going on from Sat night) any way I try not to post too much personal stuff on here on BG , or in any text form even to friends because it’s far too easy to misinterpret someone’s real intended meaning or my sarcastic ” lame attempts at humor !!???
    But the truth is I was typing and laughing at my cattle and a flock of geese that were spooked by those two old warbirds chasing each other extremely loud and flying low in large circles several times directly over me.
    And I really do have a hard time hitting the correct letter with my clumsy thumbs on this tiny screen .
    And I refuse to waste money on a larger phone too damn big to fit in my shirt pocket comfortably.

B 5 was intentional , just in case either of you intended to say something about it 0$%&%456-:’Γ·βˆšβ€’`β‚¬Β£βˆ†^Β° whoops I was trying to swat a tiny fly on my scree N
    Damn autistic connection did scree * fuckit it’s now three am. And I have to get up at 6 for my weekly Monday morning rodeo (loading a truck for the hamburger factory),I gig upon this chital .
    Wtf is that??
    Goodnight Irene ,
    And I wish both of you a pleasant week.

Oberleutnant
    Participant
    Goints: 90

Best home remedy I know of is as follows:
    In a whiskey glass pour 25 ml of good whiskey, not the cheap shit.
    Add 5ml of onion vinegar
    Then add one beaten raw egg. duck egg is best. but any egg will do.
    Then add one crushed garlic.
    Then add 1ml of bleach.
    Then mix all the ingredients together, while listening to Gustav Holst’s , ‘Mars’ for inspiration.

Then tape a small swab of cotton wool with a strip of band aid/plaster to the outside of your mouth adjacent to the problem tooth.

Then drink the afformentioned concoction.
    Then with a medium size pin hammer, get a trusted person to hit the cotton wool swab a few times until the tooth falls out.

if it still hurts after, probably best to go and see a mouth artist/dentist and get it looked at.

Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Oberleutnant x

itsplaster
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

@dtswoghater This makes me sorry that I got the problem already taken care of. But thanks for that step by step guide!

Oberleutnant
        Participant
        Goints: 90

You’re welcome! lol
        I think you are friends with a girl I met on BG. Namely, ‘Jenni J’, NOW ‘JJ’. Well I went out to see her in US (I live in Londom), last September. And I have been over there now four times in the past year. We are great friends and soul mates. Well we got married back in May. Probably the first to get married having met on BG.
        We love each other and the sex is great. I’m going again in a couple of weeks from now.
        I’ve found that UK women are mostly dumb nigger whipped white trash. But now I found my little American racist slut, I’m a very happy man.x

BOASP
    Participant

? Haroo

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.