Data Dicks

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else Data Dicks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      despy
      Participant

I cannot believe I am about to pay $100 for cell phone for month of August but what choice do I really have? It is not realistic to think I can go next 25 days with no internet.

Worse I can’t even do what I want to do once it gets fixed. The only thing I did different was to watch old season of Deadliest Catch on History channel. I didn’t even make it through it before all data was gone. Probably 6 hours and that was that

I can’t even look into wifi as I can barely get onto web to do so. So disgusted

despy
      Participant

BSTFreeMsg You exceeded your data usage cap of 35840.000MB. We have reduced your data speeds through 08/26/2020.

I have no concept of this. Is this alot of “data” ?

Hamburger Bob
        Participant

Is that the exact number they put (35840.000MB)?
        If that’s supposed to be 35k MB, then you’re asking if 35 GB is a lot of data. It’s really not.
        I get that same sort of message about more than half way through the cycle almost every month, and thats with a 50 GB plan.
        I do tether often, so that uses up a ton of data.
        50 GB is pretty standard and reasonable so anything less than 50 would be seem to be on the low side.

despy
          Participant

Yes that is exact copy of text they sent me. I usually do ok month to month , it was watching the HD tv that did me in. Never have I used my allotment in single week. I also was playing Scrabble alot which I never did. Deleted it

I got so burned

despy
      Participant

Ha! My phone was just ringing , it was 866 number. I never answer my phone

I looked the number up , it was Boost Mobile customer service. I left them scathing email. Yes it was my fault for blowing through data but I unleashed. Then get this. When I called yesterday to inquire wtf was up with my phone they gave me 1gb data pack as courtesy ($5 value)

So I go to restart my plan and she had added that as recurring charge to my monthly bill *that* is what led to long winded scathing email. Total fraud I never agreed to that and said they needed to immediately credit my account. It was after hours or I would have spoke to them directly.

So I now needed to pay $55 instead of 50. Total scam

Now they just call me, on a Sunday,
      and dont leave a message. I will definently call tomorrow. Fuckers

Hamburger Bob
        Participant

So I take it you’re on a $50 plan that only offers 35 GB, which is robbery because I’m on a cheap $50 unlimited data plan, so if you talk to them in person, ask about that 35840.000mb crap and why they don’t just say GBs like everybody else.

It’s like they try and trick you with that number making it look like you have tons of data on that plan.
        I guess it’s too late to back out of that plan with their ransom early termination fee.

despy
          Participant

No I do not have a contract. I was going to be nosy and ask what you pay but assumed you had one one of those bundle deals

Mine is labeled “unlimited” as well but once you hit that mark they slow it down so much phone is inoperable

Who is your carrier?

Hamburger Bob
          Participant

I’m with T-Mobile and that plan was $45.99 when I took it, but now I’m seeing that the bill is $62.88, so of course they’re always jacking up the price when you’re not looking.
          I notice that YouTube gets pretty damn slow when loading after I use up the 50GB.

despy
          Participant

I just looked it is $60 here too for Tmobile 50gb. That is probably just what I need. I wouldn’t care about the extra $10, worth it to me to be done with Boost. I will look into switching for next month

despy
      Participant

@hamburgerbob If I downloaded stuff using Wifi and then later played it back at home would I be using data to view?

Hamburger Bob
        Participant

I’ll say it doesn’t use data because it’s no longer streaming and when I used up all my data, when everything was slow to play, my downloaded videos weren’t slow at all.

despy
          Participant

I have already used 13.87 GB and haven’t watched shit. It is all these unwanted programs and apps preloaded onto phone I never asked for. Not enough to disable them

Hamburger Bob
          Participant

Check out your settings and see how much Cached Data you have and clear it out.
          Mine always says 1.2 GB of cached data, let’s see if yours is off the charts there or not.

despy
          Participant

Lmao mine said 1.2 as well. What is that about?

Hamburger Bob
          Participant

I guess it’s just app junk.
          I did free up a ton of space when I uninstalled Google chrome and Instagram, that I never installed in the first place.
          It’s all a scam to get you to buy more gigs

despy
          Participant

I don’t have Instagram preinstalled but Facebook is and there is no way to delete it!

Maybe I should try to get ride of Chrome I saw something where it said app crashed 74 times in past hour???

Hamburger Bob
          Participant

Oh course they stuck you with the most data draining app in the world, it’s good for business.

despy
          Participant

I just hit “force stop” for Chrome. Let’s see what happens 😀

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.