Depression and Gore

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else Depression and Gore

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  delete my account 1 month ago.

• Author

MattieAi
    Participant
    Goints: 41

I’m finding more and more that I seek out more gore when I’m particularly depressed. Is this a habit of any of the other BG members that have depression? What drives you to seek out gore?

itsplaster
    Participant
    Goints: 3,034
    VIP – Server Donor

Yes. I wrote a similar post a long time ago about how depressed people seem to gather here. Maybe it’s an escape to a reality than worse than our own. I truly don’t know.

MattieAi
      Participant

I can’t quite put my finger on it either. Thanks for the feedback.

I personally enjoy it. I feel like it’s an escape built on others suffering, so when I’m not in a bad mood I feel a little guilty coming here, like sneaking brownies on a diet.

MattieAi
      Participant

Do you seek it when you’re not sad as well or not as frequently?

Laura
    Participant
    Goints: 49

There is no question -for me anyway- that depression and BG sessions are associated. I think I need to remind myself that my own life is far, far from as bad as it can get. I think that when a lot of us are depressed we feel numb…maybe whatever rush we’re getting here is better than feeling…nothing.

But guess what else might be going on…I’ve read that the human immune system is activated or stimulated in some way by viewing what we call “gore”…Makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. Maybe your daily dose of BJ is better than the proverbial apple?

MattieAi
      Participant

Thank you for your response. That was really insightful.

Mr Spock
    Participant
    Goints: 833

I’m not on this site because I’m depressed. I’m in here because I’m a sick, twisted bastard with an interest in all things macabre.
    I like reading other peoples amusing comments.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.