Do you really want to know the truth about the economy?

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Politics Do you really want to know the truth about the economy?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Then take a look below. If you mouse over any of the panels it will tell you in the top and centre of the screen how those figures are arrived at.

An interesting thing to look at is the silver => dollar and gold => dollar ratios. These are worked out by taking the amount of money added to the supply in a year and dividing by the amount of ounces of gold/silver mined in the same period. When you consider that silver today is a fraction over $18 per ounce to buy and gold is around $1556 per ounce, you should really be backing the truck up for silver bullion. Remember, only 8 ounces of silver are mined for every ounce of gold but the gold/silver price ratio is about 86/1. Silver is ridiculously undervalued.

http://www.usdebtclock.org

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

I missed the edit time but I wanted to add this:

Even if you have little or no interest in the workings of the economy you should take a look at this debt clock anyway, if only to look at the American debt and see how fast it is going up. Watch as the interest piles on to the total and understand that this is money being paid by YOU to the central banks as interest on money they loaned to the government WHICH THEY NEVER EVEN HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

TheProtocolsOfZion
      Participant

@robc yup, I look at this all the time. I don’t really like silver though. I’m all in on gold.

GDPR Harvester
        Keymaster

The reason I’m in silver (as well as gold) is because of the gold/silver ratio. Silver will run whenever gold takes off or when JP Morgan decides to do whatever it’s planning to do with the hundreds of millions of ounces they have stashed away – they haven’t accumulated all that just to look at it in a vault or dump it back into the market thus driving the price down resulting in a huge loss for them; they can do that with paper in the Comex. No, they have a reason for stacking all that silver, and if banks want to stack silver (and gold) then so do I. Anyway, gold will go first and silver will follow; after a while silver will start outrunning gold and the ratio will drop. During the 2011 peak I think the ratio dropped to 32/1. At present it’s around 86 so right now I can exchange 86 pieces of silver for one piece of gold. However, if it runs and the GSR gets to say 32, I can then get 2.86 pieces of gold for my 86 pieces of silver. This is why I am holding a LOT more silver than gold.

If not much happens in the precious metals’ market then I just hold onto it all. One thing is certain, fiat money is NOT going to out-perform the metals so if I want to sell any down the line I’ll be better off than I would have been just stashing fiat notes in the bank, possibly at a negative interest rate. The days of the present fiat currencies are numbered – the central bankers know this which is why they are buying more gold than they have done in decades – and once those currencies go and there is a reset you will see the true value of the precious metals.

Gold is primarily monetary but silver straddles the monetary/industrial line. The thing about silver is that a fair chunk of it is consumed ie it’s used and then discarded as it’s not financially viable to salvage it (hello solar panels) which means it’s getting rarer. Gold is different in that every ounce of gold ever mined is still with us and its higher value means it’s profitable to salvage it. Electric cars use 3-4 times as much silver than an ICE vehicle and the way things are going it looks like there will be a lot of those EVs on the roads soon. I see a brighter future for silver than it is at present which makes me more hopeful about its value. Remember, the silver price is seriously manipulated by the banks (hi JP) but that is coming to an end soon. Hopefully they really lay into JP Morgan with these RICO prosecutions and go after those at the top. I won’t hold my breath on that one though.

Goddam it ! Makes me reminisce about the days I wore pirate shirts and had plenty of wavy hair! Good days.

Joke aside ,very informative @robc. I wish I had spare coin to do exactly that and buy silver.

P.S Did you hear about Palladium doubling in the last year or something ridiculous like that. I read it on rt.com.

GDPR Harvester
        Keymaster

Yup, pretty much doubled over the last year. Lowest price over that time was around $1,280 (24th Jan 2019) and right now it’s $2,458. Over the longer term I see the price of palladium dropping because one of its main uses is for catalytic converters. If we are going to cross over to EVs then palladium is going to drop because there’ll be less call for it – unless of course they find further uses for it.

Whilst palladium is a precious metal it is mainly used in industry and it is not something I would be looking to buy. The reason for this is, should the economy take a wrong turn and the collapse begins, I feel you’ll have difficulty selling palladium unless you can find someone who knows the score and also has a way to move it on. Many, many people will recognise gold and silver coins and bars but palladium? Nuh-uh, I don’t think so. You’ll end up having a genuine precious metal but few people wanting to buy it or exchange goods for it.

I still stick by silver. Silver and gold remind me of a long distance race where, at the start, the pace setter goes trotting off into the lead whilst the main guy sits at the back of the pack. He wanders around the track for most of the race but during the last 10% he makes his move. He thunders through the pack, catches the pace setter and scoots straight past him and goes on to win the race. This is a perfect analogy for gold and silver. Although gold is worth more than silver, silver will out perform gold towards the end of a bull run. Remember this: 90% of the action comes in the last 10% of a bull market run. @hopingfornemesis

Valid point about not having wide- acceptance even though it is valuable.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Rhodium, the 5th of the precious metals, is another one which has taken off. A year ago it was around $2,300; today it is knocking on the $9,000 door. But again, the question is, who do you sell it to after the crisis starts? Joe Public won’t be interested. Although it is sometimes used in jewellery, its main use is industrial. @hopingfornemesis

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

THE TRUTH – THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH – IGNORE IT AT YOUR PERIL

TheProtocolsOfZion
        Participant

@robc here is an idea. Just like you, I believe gold is going to go up first, then silver later. So, what you could do is go all in on gold right now, because it is going to go up first. After gold has gone up and you’ve made a nice profit, you could change it all for silver, and then wait for silver to go to the top. You could make profits on the gold going up, and the silver. You could keep a close eye on the gold silver ratio. Look at it everyday, and decide when would be the best time to switch all of your gold for silver. You could even wait until silver is maxed out and then switch back to gold for your final move.

Last year I had gold and a few hundred ounces of silver. I sold all of my silver and bought gold. I’m all in on gold. Gold has gone up, silver not so much, so I made the right move. So I could do exactly what I just described to you if I want to. I could switch to silver after gold has gone up. The thing would be to get the timing right.

What is your opinion on what I just proposed?

In the end, I think the best thing to do is wait until real estate crashes and then buy up as much income producing real estate as you can with your metals.

Detail?? @poz. When to swap out of gold and into silver? How to tell from the ratio? Also income -producing property? If real estate flops apocalyptically ,then won’t people also have no jobs to pay those rents?

I am playing Devil’s Advocate here ,yet do believe in your reasoning. However ,I want to refine it to maximise any profits for me. Gold and silver has dropped just as quickly as it has gone up,so large amounts of gold/silver will only be good when end- of -world happens ie end of fiat currency and back to gold etc?
          @robc

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

@hopingfornemesis

I’m going to make a point here about gold and silver. The only reason I’m really talking about huge gains in gold and silver now is because I’m expecting the dollar to collapse eventually. We’ll end up with a reset and gold and silver will be close to their true value which is waaaayyy higher than it is now. You’ve seen the debt clock details. Outside of a crash/reset, silver and gold are insurance, not a speculative investment. If you want that from them then gamble on the exchange with gold & silver ETFs ie paper gold/silver.

The one certain thing about fiat currency is that it loses value constantly due to inflation so saving it is pointless, especially in today’s negative interest-rate climate. Both gold and silver are a hedge against inflation, a preservation of wealth. Sure, they have their peaks and troughs but if you want to save money then they are the best way to protect your purchasing power. If they do hit a massive spike whilst you’re saving then cash a few coins in; take that expensive holiday or buy that car you wanted. Other than that just stash it away until you retire and then cash a little at a time as your retirement income. If you and the missus both pop your clogs before spending it all then you have something to leave to the kids. But if there is a crash and reset in the meantime, then you’re going to be in a great position to come out of it quite wealthy and probably set for the rest of your days.

Everyone has insurance: for health, for buildings, for contents, for car, for life…..but how many of these give you your premiums back if you don’t claim? None of them! But gold and silver do; if there are no major economic setbacks, you have just accumulated a lot of wealth for your latter years.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

@theprotocolsofzion & @hopingfornemesis

I’m going to try and answer both of you in this single post. First, Protocols but it will also answer Nem to an extent.

Being all in with gold is never a bad thing if you are going to go all in with metals. It has stood the test for millennia and I see no reason for it to fail against a totally fucked-up dollar. However, if you believe the precious metals are going to explode then gold isn’t the best one. Here’s why:

I recent months the gold to silver ratio (GSR) has been in the 90s and this is about as high as it gets. The only thing it can do is either hover around this level or silver makes ground. Now during the 2011 bull market on metals the GSR went as low as 30-1. If we get the crash we all expect it’ll go lower than that but, for now lets accept that it goes to 30 from 90. Let’s assume you have 90 pieces of silver right now which will buy you one gold coin. Okay, GSR drops to 30 so now you can get a gold coin for 30 pieces of silver so you sell your silver and buy 3 gold coins. Now after the reset and things settle, let’s say the GSR goes back to 90. Now you sell your 3 gold coins for 90 silver coins each. You now have 270 silver coins, three times what you started with. Because the GSR is so high right now you’d be better off changing it to silver if you believe metal prices will explode. Believe me, if gold takes off, silver will follow very soon behind it and will actually outpace gold. If you are going to try and get the best out of gold and then hope to get into silver before it takes off or you could well end up disappointed. The reason for this is that 90% of the action will occur in the last 10% of the run.

One other good thing about silver is that there is virtually no downside to it. The price is suppressed to fuck yet it’s still managing to climb. If the Fed’s magic tricks manage to hold things up for another few years you aren’t going to lose anything because silver can’t really fall much; and if it does, you just wait it out until the market moves – even buy more! Just remember with silver: when you see it start to really outpace gold then that will be the time to get back into gold. Don’t wait too long because silver is very volatile because it’s a small market. Hardly anyone ever sells at the top so don’t be afraid of going too early; be afraid of going too late!

So when do you sell? This bit will also answer @hopingfornemesis question. I’m going to give you a GSM line to keep in your mind and that line is the GSM at 40-45. If it’s above 45 you should be looking to hold silver; if it goes below then that’s when you need to be thinking about turning your silver into gold. A GSM of 40-45 is round about the mid point. As to when you should move as the GSM is heading lower, well, IMO, that decision should be based upon whether silver has started to outpace gold. When silver’s gains are higher in percentage than gold and gold’s rate of increase is dropping then that’s when you should be looking to get back into gold. I hope this enlightens things for you; if not, feel free to ask anything.

Now to real estate. Personally I would wait for the crash and for the arse to fall right out of the market. Remember when Japan’s economy collapsed in the early 90s? Well their real estate market went down 85%. Yes, you read that right: eighty-five percent! People are going to be so broke in the crash and they are going to need capital fast. Real estate and other assets will be at firesale prices….except for gold and silver. Those 270 silver coins I mentioned earlier in the post will possibly buy you the whole fucking cul-de-sac!

Okay, a long post, hope I covered it all. Like I said, just ask if there’s anything else you want to know. I’m no expert but hell, I’m learning fast! @theprotocolsofzion If you are unsure about silver then take a look at what the Chief Investment Officer and co-founder of Guggenheim Partners had to say. It just the last 40 seconds of the vid but I’ve set it to start there. Nem has seen this but maybe you haven’t.

Thanks @robc . Very informative and I will print it out and have it lose to hand.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

I just hope it makes sense to you.

Also, for some reason I ended up writing GSM; fuck knows what that was all about so I’ll put it down to old age and the onset of retardism. Obviously it should read GSR. My guess is you realised that anyway.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Gold is moving; it’s up to $1,584 and silver is pushing $18.30. The bankers won’t like that so they’ll dump a bunch of shorts into the market later on today and tomorrow. They’ll force the price down and then close them when it’s low enough. Same thing happens every week: the market peaks last thing Friday and sometimes rises a little on Monday, usually until the NYSE opens, around 13.30 GMT, and then tumbles to a low point mid week or a little later. This will continue to happen week in, week out……until it doesn’t. Right now they want the price down and $1,600 seems to be as high as they’ll let it go. Keep stacking, boys and girls but wait until Wednesday or Thursday to buy when the price is at its lowest for the week.

TheProtocolsOfZion
        Participant

@robc I’m buying a quarter ounce gold maple this week. 😀

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

That’s great, I am jealous and I bet @hopingfornemesis is too!
          My favourite is the Sovereign and that is for two reasons:
          1. It’s a gold coin that is recognised worldwide and will therefore be easy to sell privately if necessary.
          2. This is the main reason. I actually prefer 22k gold over 24k and here’s why. You may not know this but 22k coins have a characteristic that 24k coins don’t have. They ping! Balance one on the tip of your finger, tap it with another coin and listen. You will hear a delightful sound. However, do the same with 24k coins and you don’t get that pinging sound. This is a good way to determine if it’s a real Sovereign or not. Okay, if it pings it obviously doesn’t mean it definitely is gold; it could still be a fake. But if it doesn’t ping then it definitely ISN’T a real sovereign and you won’t get ripped off. This is true of all 22k coins as I have Krugerrands as well as Sovereigns.

So if you have any 22k coins you now know a good test. When I buy Sovereigns privately I ping test them, measure them, weigh them, and do a rare-earth (neodymium) magnet test. If I’m unsure after those I’ll do the best test of all: the density test.

What will the cost be to you from your source? I just looked on the US version of the dealer I use and it says $471.30 +3% if you pay by card. That works out close to 1,900 bucks for a full ounce which costs $1,580 as I write this. That’s a serious premium so I hope you’re getting it for less than that!

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

@robc right now a quarter ounce gold Canadian Maple is $574.07 Canadian which equals $414.28 American. It’ll be somewhere in that ballpark when I get it.

The place I buy they have a machine where I can test the gold, it scans it and shows if it is plated or not and the Karat. The gold Canadian maple is the highest karat coin on the market, that’s why I like it. I don’t buy over the net, I go right to the store to buy, pay cash, no extra fees.

I think that virus in China and them locking down cities might be preparation for the collapse, just a hunch.

Here’s an interesting site. The guy like’s to speculate about what’s going to happen.

http://redefininggod.com

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

An interesting read and I plan to read further. I could do without the religious references, though I haven’t read far enough to find out how deep he goes with them. References from scripture are fine, e.g. End Times. Christ gave a list of things that would be happening, Paul gave details in his letters, so it’s plain to see the time when all these things are occurring – like now. However, when it comes to interpretations of scripture – like who the Antichrist is, for example – well, most interpretations turn out to be wrong; so if you are telling people something that is wrong, you have them on a wrong footing and they might be looking east instead of west at an important time. With interpretations it’s best to let scripture unfold than to try and front run it.

GDPR Harvester
        Keymaster

And there we have it: Gold back to $1,570 and silver hammered down to $17.48. It’s so predictable that I was able to predict it. It’ll head back up by end of business Friday. These markets are crooked and manipulated, and it’s so fucking obvious you wonder how they get away with it. Well, I’ll tell you how. They get away with it because it’s sanctioned by the banks, the Federal Reserve and the Government. The upside to all this is when the prices drop I just buy more.

They will continue doing this until they don’t. How long it will last, I have no way to tell. It could end tomorrow, next week, next month, next year; who knows? But end it will. For as long as this monetary charade goes on with all this fake money they churn out, the rich will just get richer as asset prices skyrocket in the bubbles they’re inflating, the middle class will get destroyed and the poor will end up at the point of starvation. Eventually the gap grows so wide that the pitchforks come out. That’s when it all ends. In the meantime we will head towards hyperinflation; so as they beat the price of precious metals down just keep buying. In the end it will pay off for you because there is going to be a transfer of wealth unlike anything ever seen before when the Almighty Dollar reverts to its true worth……ZERO!

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

And the crooked market is so predictable I predicted it again. Gold closes the week at $1,589, up around 5 bucks since I posted early in the week. They knocked it down midweek like I said they would and it came back by the end of the week…like I said it would.

Silver was at $18.30 early in the week and they hammered that down as low as $17.35 as predicted. Since then it has rallied (like I said it would) and closed the week well up from its low but still about 27c down from the high point.

You can see how manipulated the precious-metal markets are but the government and crooked banks are at the helm and there’s not much we can do except keep buying the dips! Stack it high, boys and girls, you’re gonna need it sooner than you think.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

It’s Monday and the Asian, European and American markets have been open for a total of almost 22 hours; so where are gold and silver? You don’t need a degree to work it out. Gold down, silver down….and the cooking of the books continues. Keep buying the dips, guys.

On another note, here’s something interesting for you concerning the American National Debt.
          Let’s say we were to freeze the debt and add no more interest to it. If America then pays off the debt at a rate of a dollar every second, it will take close to three quarters of a MILLION YEARS to clear the balance.

Staggering, innit?

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

This video is 15 minutes long yet, of those who start watching it, a large majority won’t get past 5 minutes. However, for those of you who do watch it all and take the time to understand what’s being said, you will realise why you should be holding silver…..and lots of it!

TheProtocolsOfZion
        Participant

@robc I watch all youtube videos at double speed. Learn double the information in the same amount of time spent watching videos.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Precious metals are on the way up!

The reason for this is the fear of what effect the Coronavirus is going to have on the world’s GDP. China is in real slowdown mode and, of course, this is going to have an effect on many countries around the world who all buy goods from China. Some countries like Australia will suffer more because they are heavily reliant upon trade with them.

Investors are getting nervous and are therefore looking for a safer place to stash their cash and gold & silver have always been the go-to safe haven in uncertain times. Precious metal prices all rose this week but Platinum didn’t hold onto the gains. Its peak this week was $1,018 per ozt but closed the week at just $975 per ozt. Gold peaked at $1,649 per ozt before closing at $1,643 per ozt, whilst silver went as high as $18.63 per ozt before closing at $18.50 per ozt.

I just looked at the gold RSI (Relative Strength Indicator) and at its peak this week it was as high as 83 but now sits around 67. For those who don’t know, the RSI measures the activity in the buying/selling figures. If the RSI sits at 50 then (simplified) that marks a similar amount of activity in both buying and selling. If the RSI goes above 70 then gold is considered to be “overbought” and is likely to pull back. This is what happened when gold peaked during the week and the RSI reached 83; it triggered a small sell off and the gold price dropped a little and the RSI moved back into a more normal range just below 70. The same happens the other way. If the RSI is below 30 then gold is oversold and is likely to rise in price as investors can’t resist the bargain.

I think that whilst we still have the uncertainty about the Coronavirus along with the effect it’s having on GDP, precious metals will trend higher. Just a warning though. If all starts to settle down then expect the crooked Banksters to smash gold and silver prices back down. For those who are stacking, don’t panic, just continue buying the dips; treat them as a bonus opportunity to buy more at a lower price. It will be worth it because in the not-so-distant future gold and silver will take off.

Gold and silver could move quicker than you might think. I gleaned some info from Chinese restaurants in the New York area. Their trade is down as much as 80% due to the Coronavirus fears; people do not want to eat in Chinese restaurants at present. This is unsustainable for them, not just because they can’t make a profit with trade down that much, but more importantly they can’t service the debts they have. This fall in trade will also happen to varying degrees across all sectors of the economy and the inability to service debt could become a major crisis. When corporate debt goes belly-up then it’s global game-over. Gold and silver will go into the stratosphere. Even with gold and silver at all-time highs in many currencies, they are still undervalued. Gold is $1,643 and silver is $18.50. The debt clock linked above currently shows the dollar to silver ratio over a thousand dollars and the dollar to gold ratio at almost 9 thousand dollars. At current market prices gold and silver are a steal and when you look how the world economy is going, there is almost no downside to gold and silver in the mid to long term. In the short term the banks can manipulate but in bad economic times the markets are too big for the banks to control and the market forces WILL take over. The bankers will be powerless to stop the rise in gold and silver.

TheProtocolsOfZion
        Participant

I buy non-stop. Anytime I have some extra money, I go buy some.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

That’s my strategy too though I do like to try and buy on the dips. Midweek silver has been good just recently.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

Gold is just going up and up. Right now a one ounce gold maple is $2265.30 Canadian.

A one ounce silver maple is $28.14 Canadian. I bought 3 Silver maples.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Yup, as I thought it would. The fear from the effect of the Coronavirus in the economy has investors looking for a safe haven for their fake fiat currency.

Keep stacking; it’ll eventually go much higher when things start to unravel in the markets! @theprotocolsofzion @hopingfornemesis

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

According to the charts, gold did gap up. It closed at 1,643 and opened at 1,651. Remember, eventually all gaps get filled. At some point gold will go back down and fill that gap.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Markets tumbling, gold & silver falling….anyone else smell the manipulation?
          At least the gap got filled.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

I see the markets are tumbling too. Last look shows the Dow down almost a thousand points. This Coronavirus is starting to make itself felt; one example is South Korea which had roughly 200 cases on Friday but today over 800 have been reported, according to independent reports I’ve seen. Precious metals will move up and down but the overall trend is higher. Businesses are struggling to service debts and if there’s a debt crisis in the business world, gold and silver will take off.

Shit could be about to hit the fan.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

I just woke up. A one ounce Gold Canadian Maple is $2281.27 Canadian as of today. It’s been up every day.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

The banks are getting scared and are trying to drive it down and they’re managing to atm. It’s down 30 bucks US from its high today. Markets are rallying too with the Dow climbing 200 points but still down over 800 on the day. Central Banks will fight and pump more fake money in but if this is a black-swan event then they’re wasting their time; fundamentals and market forces will take over.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Gold and silver took serious hits up to the close of the week and my initial thoughts were that the banks were trying to drive it down to stop people from fleeing from the fiat-money markets into the safe haven of precious metals. No doubt they were doing that but the speed of the move down shows that other forces were at work and I think I know what they are. Here’s a simplified version.

The stock market is plunging and it’s this which is causing the problem for gold and silver. Most people invested in the markets don’t tend to own individual shares, they buy into different indices or Exchange Traded Funds (ETF). These are stocks grouped together and sold as a single package. When people buy these it’s almost always with leverage which means they may control (say) $100,000 of a stock but they actually only put up (say) $10,000. The rest is financed by the broker lending the balance – or putting his ass on the line for it. Now because you use leverage, in this example 10-1, if your stock goes up you get a higher than normal return. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Well it is…..whilst the stock is rising. However, if it falls you start losing money at a leveraged rate. This is where gold and silver come in.

When a client starts to lose money fast they may not have enough in their account with the broker to continue covering losses so they get an ultimatum. Close out and take a big loss OR face a margin call. The latter is when the broker insists you put up further money to cover the possibility of your stocks falling lower. Many choose to pay up. So where do they get the money from? Many get it by liquidating assets and the first to go are usually gold and silver and it’s this sell-off which has led to the drop in the price of precious metals. People are liquidating their precious metals to cover margin calls.

This isn’t guesswork from me, there is data to show the same thing happening in previous drops in the stock market. The difference is, whilst the markets still languish, precious metals climb back up again as can be seen in the recent example of the 2008 crash. Gold and silver dropped during that time period but then climbed out to reach record highs. I’m confident the same will happen here so don’t panic, just keep buying the dips.

I knew about shares ,leverage and margin Calls but only now learned about precious metals used to quickly cover the latter. I wish I had bought more gold !

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Still not too late, Nem. Just keep stacking for as long as the central banks keep inflating the bubble. More and more fake money will be pumped into the market to try and keep the illusion going. Just remember the gold price is based upon what Wall Street pays for the paper-contracts trash and does not represent the true price of gold. If all those contracts, along with the ability to produce more, disappeared tomorrow the price of gold would be five figures and silver would be three figures, possibly even just creeping into four figures. Whilst the banks are able to manipulate the price via Wall Street the price of gold will remain artificially low. However, the music is beginning to approach its end and there is only one chair left….and gold is already sitting in it. @hopingfornemesis

TheProtocolsOfZion
        Participant

Just bought another five coins. 😀

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Keep at it, buddy. Five coins a week is 250 a year and if silver were at its true value according to the dollars-created-to-silver-ounces-mined ratio, your 250 coins would be worth over a quarter of a million US dollars. Buying silver at 16 and a half bucks is legal thievery and all should be buying it. @theprotocolsofzion

Canadian maples? Newly minted or from second-hand buyers thus no traceability of you owning it? How much did you pay all up per coin in Canadian dollars if I may ask?

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

Yes, 4 silver Canadian maples, and one small gold Canadian maple. $25.96 per silver coin at the moment. It went down a bit. Newly minted 2020. paid cash in a coin store.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Here ya go. A very wise lady, Lynette Zang, who used to be a stockbroker and is now chief market analyst for ITM Trading which is a company in the USA selling physical gold and silver. The whole of this video is worth watching but if you only want confirmation of why gold and silver have dropped then just skip to 8:10 onwards. @theprotocolsofzion @hopingfornemesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpQoBEGkI8I

GDPR Harvester
        Keymaster

Ignore this post, the link above is fine.

I saw it all. Quite good. My only criticisms are that she should show graphs that start from a common origin when comparing growth of one asset to another.

Also when she says spot gold price is diff to physical gold ,what does she mean? Surely there is only one price for gold in retail unless there is a black -market rate as well ,which does happen in some countries?

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

The point regarding spot is similar to what I say. Spot is the price Wall Street says and they apply it to PAPER gold, i.e. futures and contracts. Remove paper gold and see what the price of pure, physical gold would be. I tell you now, it would probably jump by a factor of ten. With no paper contracts and all those investors looking for some gold, the supply-and-demand factor would push the price of gold way up. Paper gold is unlimited, physical gold isn’t. When the markets collapse and people want to convert their gold futures into physical gold, they will dip out because there isn’t any. It’s all on paper. Contracts will (legally) be settled in fiat which will seriously be losing value by that point and those holding those contracts are going to be well out of pocket because the dollars either won’t have the value or they’ll be losing it fast.

Gold and silver are treated as commodities today, though silver much more so. As commodities, the GSR of around 90 to 1 is probably correct; actually it IS correct as I have seen a detailed breakdown showing why it’s so high. It’s only when they both get looked upon as money and safe havens once more that the GSR will tumble, maybe even as low as 10 to 1.

Thanks for that. Got it. Physical gold PRICE is INHERENT value once you strip away all the deflationary influences of paper gold contracts( which result in the deflated ” spot” gold price).

Can you pls give me this “detailed break down ” if it is not in the vid you just put up?

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

I need to try and remember which vid I saw it in. Might need to give me some time.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Okay, I found the video. Not too long for you either so pull up your chair, grab your popcorn and diet pepsi and start watching! 😉 @hopingfornemesis

LOL!!! I just noticed, I already posted this vid higher up the thread 😀

Nice one.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

@robc A guy once said concerning precious metals, “take advantage of the industrial revolution”.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Silver took a nice dip today from all the commotion in the markets so I took a dip too…..into my wallet, and went on a spending spree! I added another 50 Britannias to my collection. I must admit, I did cry when I clicked the ‘Pay’ button but, meh, it’s only fiat currency and worthless in real terms. As J.P. Morgan said, “Gold & Silver are money, the rest is just credit.

So Mr. @theprotocolsofzion, have you been able to add to your stash lately? Now would be a good time if you haven’t.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

@robc Nope, haven’t added anything since the end of last month. I took all of the money that I had and filled the fridge and freezer with food, filled the cars gas tank to the top. People are panic buying at the grocery store here in Vancouver. There is no toilet paper on the shelves! It’s because right next door in Washington State 24 people have died of the corona virus. So I decided to stock up. I won’t be able to add any to my stack until the end of the month.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

I saw what was coming and have been stocking up on non-perishable things since last year. If the shit really hits the fan I reckon I have enough food and bottled water for 6 months; even if the power went out I have a means to cook it all and heat the water for my tea! So you stocking up isn’t a bad idea at all; I actually agree with it because it might not just be coronavirus panic you’ll have to deal with, there could well be an economic crash to get through too. @theprotocolsofzion

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Funny how gold is falling in price yet one of the dealers I use – the biggest online dealer in the UK – is stating the following:

“HIGH DEMAND: We cannot guarantee our usual delivery service. Orders will be dispatched within 1-3 working days.”

This proves my point that the price Wall Street puts on gold is completely different to its true value. Virtually all the selling is paper gold – contracts. Almost none is physical.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Saw it all. He is an Excellent speaker who knows his stuff and is sure of himself which is very important in public speaking.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

The economy is starting to crumble. The only thing to look at now is what the Fed will do in response to it all, like how much cash they’re going to pump into it and, more to the point, where will the cash go? The US shale oil industry is about to go bankrupt because yesterday I was looking to see what the break-even price for them was and it’s around $60 per barrel. Well right now it’s at $33.50. This unsustainable for the companies who are swimming in debt and lots of foreclosures on loans look very likely. However, a genuine question is this: Will the government bail them out or guarantee their debts? It wouldn’t surprise me if they did. That’s the taxpayers on the hook for it all…..once again!

One way or another, helicopter money is unavoidable as it’s the only ammunition the Fed has left in its gun. They will ramp up QE like it’s never been done before but this time there’s a difference. Before, the world was prepared to invest in US treasuries but the interest rates are right down and another 75 basis-points cut is already priced in. Rates will be almost zero nominally; take inflation into account and it’s negative rates. This time there will be no queue to buy treasuries which means the Fed will have to buy them. This will eventually tank the dollar, gold and silver will go “to da moon” and the global, fiat-money system will collapse. Bye bye pensions, bye bye 401k’s, bye bye anything valued in fiat money. Only those with REAL assets will come out of this smiling.

How do you stand?

Great points and as always the rich will get rid her and the poor poorer. Exceptions ,those with free cash like yourself and no responsibilities etc.

I can see taxpayers getting lumped with all those fucked shale companies and then the US passing it onto its allies via forced recessions as per GFC 2008.

I wish I had heaps of free cash now!

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Market is making a recovery at the moment but who knows what will happen next? It’s been up and down like a whore’s knickers but the trend is downward because the bubble is popping and a complete burst is unavoidable. My guess is that the markets are reacting to the possible stimulus that Trump is mumbling about, like a 0% payroll tax for the rest of the year. With the pricing in of a further 75 basis-point cut in the interest rate and the Fed getting ready to dump a shitload of fake money into the economy, the Dow rallied on that today with over a 1000 point gain, but this was only around half of what it lost yesterday.

But these rallies are temporary; this market will go down a lot lower and I am glad I am not in it at all. If I were I’d have been hauling it out ages ago. This is going to end just one way….and it ain’t gonna be pretty.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

As per usual, Peter Schiff can explain things a little better than I do and his latest podcast is worth listening to if you want explanations. The last 12 minutes deal with politics so you can just watch up to 30 mins for the financial stuff. @hopingfornemesis @theprotocolsofzion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a-0eGUHxFI

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

And the switchback continues. Dow up 1160 yesterday, back down 1130 so far today, and who knows what the fuck will happen during the rest of the day! It would be comical if it weren’t so serious.

GDPR Harvester
        Keymaster

The Dow Jones Index officially just entered bear-market territory. I think it has to close in that territory to become an official bear-market but it has dropped below 23,641 today. Interesting to see how it closes. Who knows, it might fall off the edge of the cliff or rally 1000 points in the last hour. Another 2 hours to go if I have my timezone correct.

Laura
      Participant

I got all excited about the big drop on Mon…but I think I missed my opportunity to buy, Buy, BUY. Phooey.

GDPR Harvester
        Keymaster

Well, as far as I can tell, the Dow has closed and is officially in a bear market now, ending the longest bull market ever, if I’m not mistaken. And, in my opinion, and a lot of experts’ opinions, it’s not over yet; this bear market still has a way to go before it turns around, if it ever does. While some stocks may well be appealing, this really isn’t the time to be buying as there is a lot of volatility right now and the swings are pretty huge. Sure, it’s possible to make money but you don’t want to be on the wrong side of a 2000 point drop and then see only a 1000 point swing afterwards. Not good for the wallet!

Laura
          Participant

TY!!!!

I’ll stay liquid. I did put some of my modest wad in this 8.5% annuity but there are two other accounts. One “qualifed” and one not. I guess I’ll just…wait.

Heehee…I did get out of energy stocks a couple of years ago.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

@laurawrzeski Take all of your money out of the bank and stock market and buy gold. There is going to be a world wide economic crash.

When the banks fail, the governments are not going to give them a bail out. Instead, they have passed laws everywhere that allows the bank to do a bail in.

That means that the bank can legally seize account holders money, your money, and say they needed it to save the bank. And it’s all legal.

And all paper money all over the world is going to crash. Buy Gold.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

^ Very wise words.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

The Dow was headed for the financial Mariana Trench when Uncle Jay from the Almighty Federal Reserve came in with lots and lots of money – all covered by You, the Taxpayer – to save all the rich organisations once more. Here, take a look below at where HALF A TRILLION of your dollars are going! By the end of the year it wouldn’t surprise me to see the Fed increase its balance sheet by 5 trillion or more.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/fed-to-pump-more-than-500-billion-into-short-term-bank-funding-expand-types-of-security-purchases.html

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

And there you have it. Fed cuts interest rates to zero and announces $700 billion QE. Dow futures drop and market expected to open a thousand points down. Gold and silver start moving north again.

The only tool the Fed has left is to pump more fake money into the markets. The next load of QE will be to bail out businesses, and maybe even the people. Trump will try to cut taxes, student loan interest payments and who knows what else? If he gets voted out. the Democrats will give even more free stuff away.
      I’ll say it again: By the end of the year the Fed will have pumped 5-10 TRILLION dollars into the economy as it’s the only thing left they can do. The dollar will eventually tank and America will become a banana republic…..only without the bananas! @theprotocolsofzion @hopingfornemesis @laurawrzeski

TheProtocolsOfZion
        Participant

@robc I think the collapse is imminent. That’s why they are locking all of the countries down. You should top up your preps and get any last minute things that you need.

I bought a bunch of snacks, chips and sweets. I have enough regular food. I have enough for a year. 😀

If you have a car, make sure it is in good working order. A lot of car parts come from China.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

I think it is too. Funny how we’re all gonna be locked down for it. It’d almost like they planned it. /sarcasm

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

I can’t get any silver here, only for storage. Yeah, like I’d fall for that one! How about you POZ, can you get any?

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

A couple days ago I bought 8 silver maples, they still had some gold left. Today, I don’t know. See if you can buy tiny gold coins, like a gram.

We have maple grams here, a one gram gold maple coin.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

@robc keep checking your coin store every day. There are people who will be selling silver or gold in order to go and buy groceries. Check every day, ask the employees what would be the best time of day to come in.

Better yet, ask the employee or owner if he can call you if any gold or silver comes in and you’ll come over and buy it right away.

Get whatever you can, coins or bars.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Unfortunately I don’t have a local coin store that deals in silver. I have a guy who does gold coins but only does silver jewellery. I have to buy silver bullion from the online dealers and they have none or it’s a long wait for delivery.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

Worst case scenario you could always buy Gold Jewellry, the highest percentage gold you can get. Not as good, but it’s still gold.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

@robc Here is one of the stores I buy coins at.

https://www.bordergold.com

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

And this is why I like Peter Schiff. Vid is only 33 seconds long – even @hopingfornemesis can handle this one! 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpWcnQGg-Bk

Too right, but in my defence I can read reams of paper ,it is just vids that bore me! Lol **winks**
        @robc

On an allied topic ,I am reading ” Adults in the Room” by Varoufakis. Excellent summary on how corrupt EU and Us can control pricing ,commodities etc to fuck countries. Ties in with all the shenanigans to manipulate gold and silver prices.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

Absolutely dead true….but they’re starting to lose control now. Very soon market forces will take over and it’ll all implode. There will be a global reset of the money system and it’ll be a one-world currency probably based on the Special Drawing Rights of the IMF with gold added to the basket. It has to be based on gold as there’s nothing else to use as a standard for a reset.

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

Peter Schiff was right again, is right again, and will be right again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixelsjTCW-g

GDPR Harvester
      Keymaster

US jobless claims released – climb to 6.6 million…..yet the Dow is up 400+. Can you say FUBAR?

There is no free market anymore; there is no price discovery; everything is manipulated by the Fed.
      There is also a gold & silver shortage. How is that possible? If there is the possibility of that happening then the prices rise and knock many of the smaller players out of the buying markets. People then sell with higher prices thus bringing more metals onto the market. Shortages aren’t possible in a free market….but then how long has it been since we had a true free-market? It just shows how rigged it all is. Right now people can’t buy and won’t sell, and this rigging of the markets will continue until bankers are hanged.

TheProtocolsOfZion
      Participant

@robc Just picked up three more ounces of silver 😀

GDPR Harvester
        Keymaster

Good for you! I managed to find half a dozen this week. Keep picking up as much as you can, even if it means paying over the top. Always bear in mind that $100 silver will be reached easily and the ratio of 100-1 will also drop right down, possibly even to as low as 10-1. I will be converting my silver to gold when it drops. Speaking of gold, I was just this minute looking at gold futures and it’s at $1740.60.

Here’s something else to think about. You know gold and the dollar are inversely correlated, don’t you? So if the dollar is holding up well, how is gold rising? The answer is simple. The dollar is holding up well AGAINST OTHER FIAT CURRENCIES, but it’s losing value to gold. This will tell you that the dollar IS losing value, its purchasing power is falling. It has to; you can’t keep pumping fake money into the economy and not expect the currency to lose value. Right now the velocity of money is very low which is why we are heading towards deflation for now, but once it picks up the inflation-genie will pop out of the bottle and when that happens, it ain’t going back in and it’ll all end up as hyperinflation….maybe even super hyperinflation. You’ll see silver at a trillion dollars an ounce. The problem is though, the dollar will be worthless and so a trillion times worthless equals….worthless! @theprotocolsofzion

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

@robc I paid $32 Canadian per ounce. The guy still has more, but I’m out of cash for now. As soon as I get more money, I’ll be calling him 10 minutes later.

There are other people asking $35 Canadian per ounce.

GDPR Harvester
          Keymaster

I bought 6 more today: 3 Niue Owls, 2 Nieustadts and a Koala. Paid £120 for the six which is around $208 Canadian. That price includes insured shipping. They’ll be sent overnight after the holiday so I’ll probably get them Wednesday morning.

Keep stacking, buddy. Just get what you can, when you can.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.