Girl Problems

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else Girl Problems

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      despy
      Participant

so I just checked my mail. yes at midnight, and no not to find my keys..

but on my doorstep was some makeup I ordered (mascara for the noisy peeps) it was weird cause I had just checked my email today to check status and order read “processing”

I was geeked to see it here and immediately opened, unfortunately it is not what I ordered , although the packing slip _is_ what I ordered. I was charged correctly but bummed cause again it was not what I wanted ,nor anything I use

so I go to their website to see just what it is and lo and behold it is product that retails for three hundred DOLLARS lmao wtf.

no idea what to do

A. contact shipper and relate what happened (of course rumpus because I would have to go to post office to return)

B. keep it and try it out,knowing I received under false and dishonest pretenses. risking my face falling off or something because could it really be a miracle product for me when I basically stole it

C. wait for store to reopen and return it. I won’t have receipt but could say I received as gift (kinda did hehe) and take store credit for it. probably wouldn’t receive $300 credit without receipt but anything over $20 would be far more than what I am owed

D. act like I never got anything and see if they ship what I actually ordered

what would you do?

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

If a company sends you something unsolicited through the mail then it is yours. They cannot ask for its return. It is a gift to you. They now have to fulfill your original order. Just stick to your guns on the original order. If they mention the expensive shit you just say “I’ve never ordered anything like that. Now where the fuck is my mascara?”

despy
        Participant

oooo interesting, I never thought of acting as though I received nothing at all

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

@desp Why would you have received something you never ordered? Only discuss the item you ordered. If they mention the other (expensive) thing… you simply say “I have no idea what you are talking about… I’ve never ordered that. I ordered cheap tarty mascara that makes me look a bit cheap & slutty… (quote the order number)… now where is it? Numb-nuts my wretched boyfriend wants me to dress in a Basque, put on full Lockdown Make-up and give him a Hershey-Mudslide-Slutrub. He’s waving his boner at me now. Please send me my Mascara. There is a Lockdown Jerk-Off Webcam Race in three days time and we have a good chance of winning. He can really hose-out the Mayonnaise.”

despy
          Participant

amazing! that is exactly what I said when I didn’t get my lipstick

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

@desp That is great. I often have to step in here on these pages to help the inadequate but you are obviously a True Genius. Well done. Good luck in the Jerk-Off Competition. And it is only 1 (ONE!) Hershey Bar for the Slutrub-Mudslide… otherwise the whole thing becomes just a little too Caramelly.

despy
          Participant

thanks for the confidence! and as I always like to say it’s all about the nougat

HamburgerBob
      Participant

Keep it, or sell it on ebay, and order what you wanted again and who knows, maybe they’ll send you another $300 item.

Don’t worry, they don’t know they sent you a $300 valued item, that was just a human error by the packer and that person would say they put what was on the packing slip inside the box, so have a clear conscience, that shit only cost $1.15 to make anyway.

despy
        Participant

I am leaning toward returning it and taking store credit. bummer of that is I will have to show ID,therefore linking me to erroneous order. no big deal, aside from the fact i am liking the idea of acting as though I received nothing at all (see: above)

HamburgerBob
          Participant

Wait, so you’ve already opened it 😯 ? If so, they won’t take it back anyway because of the whole bs non-refund policy going on right now because you know why.

Well anyway they’ve sold for $190.00 and $140.00 on eBay if you look under “sold listings”.
          There’s some “Buy it now’s” for $155 , $170 and a couple for $300, just to give you an idea.

despy
          Participant

lmao stop it .really? I still cannot believe someone would purchase a cream like this on Ebay

I opened the box, not the product itself

HamburgerBob
          Participant

Perfect, then just take a picture of the box next to the unopened cream, list it under “buy it now” / fixed price lower than those others and make $150.00, minus eBay’s 12% and PayPal’s 2-4% fee that they take after the sale.
          I used to have an eBay business, but haven’t sold in over 2 years.

Can we ask what you sold?

HamburgerBob
          Participant

Tools, air compressor attachments, graded football cards/coins and tons of 80’s action figure collectables as well.

lady-lexis
      Participant

What is this $300 item?! My nosiness is not satisfied by knowing the original item was mascara.

Yeah, just sell it on eBay, probably won’t get the retail price but sounds like you’re hella up on the deal! I wouldn’t think twice about it!

despy
        Participant

Lol now I am thinking if I go to Ebay there will be like 800 of these for sale, surely it has happened to others?

do people really sell cosmetics on Ebay? I would not want to buy “used ” face product. kinda gross

this is what I originally purchased, at the time it was on sale for $29. phenomenal deal considering one tube goes for $27. yes it seems extravagant cost for makeup but I really don’t buy much for myself so splurge is justified

https://www.lancome-usa.com/gifts-and-sets/makeup-gift-sets/definicils-high-definition-lash-kit/LAN636.html

this is what they sent me

https://www.lancome-usa.com/promotion-exclusions/absolue-revitalizing-and-brightening-duo/LAN478.html

Has anyone ever really done a study of whether these cremes work? A real study not some bullshit ,fool the dumb bitches kinda study.

I would get a panel of men and women of all types , and then separate a group of non- panel women into a group that get nothing ,another group that gets standard cremes and another that gets the expensive stuff.

No panel member is to know which study member gets which treatment nor does any member who gets creme knows which creme they are getting. Then compare and see which looks better if at all.

Ah fuck it! In this day and age of iso and no fucking who needs makeup anyway? You just use snapchat filters and we all look like supermodels!

lady-lexis
          Participant

I wouldn’t buy a used item but have bought the odd cosmetic from eBay, sometimes you can get great prices. As long as the product itself is sealed I don’t give a toss about the box. Sometimes they send the box collapsed flat along with the product to save on postage.

There’s no cosmetic that I’d spend $300 on but I fork out a fair few quid on Dermalogica products. They genuinely work for me, the only “expensive” brand that I’ve ever felt is worth the money.

La vie est Belle by Lancome is one of my very favourite perfumes!

despy
          Participant

never tried Dermalogica but have seen their products in stores, best face soap by far for me is by Ole Henricksen . it is a foam and it is fantastic!

that Lancome perfume you mention I think is most popular scent on the planet, ironically I have never smelled it

I would never buy used stuff either, nor would I try “tester” which surely will be thing of the past once stores reopen

Cool guys. My only concern are high-end fakes. A relative of mine bought some womanstuff but i believe they were fakes. Ie the packaging etc was all genuine but we had concerns the product was fake. All this ecen tjough she told me the seller was reputable . How do you know you aren’t puting some chinese chemical crap on your skin? Ie too strong an acid ?

@despy

@lady-lexis

Cool ,Hamburglar. I know nothing of everything apart from the coins . I have an interest in those but not enough to make me good enough to be confident of grading them etc One day …

@hamburgerbob

lady-lexis
          Participant

@hopingfornemesis I suppose I might not know a fake if it’s a new product to me; with stuff I use regularly as a woman with a pretty stable skincare routine, I think I’d know the scent, texture, consistency etc of my usual items well enough and ultimately I suppose if I didn’t get the results I’m used to, I’d suspect something.

I suppose I just have to hope and pray that my next purchase doesn’t burn my face off 😀 It’s all very well for you to say who needs makeup, you’re not a “post-wall” woman 😂😂

Yes of course. Makes sense. Isuppose that is how she could tell it was fake.

Wall? I know right! Lucky I’m a man, I only get better with age …like a bottle of good wine. No turning into vinegar for me! 😉

@lady-lexis

@despy

despy
          Participant

I never bought any girl stuff off ebay, probably won’t ever for reasons you stated

things I use i purchase at significant discount straight from manufacturer. if I do end up paying full price it generally comes with plethora of free products

despy
      Participant

any ‘study’ I have read was carried out by company that produces specific product

these sort of creams are big business, unsure whether they are effective but widely popular so must work for some. expensive as hell, La Mer comes to mind..

I think good skin is 90% genetics. I also think some of these treatments could possibly plump skin or otherwise slow progression of wrinkles but I would imagine one would have to be diligent and begin the above in their 30s

genetics aside I think best protocol is sunscreen. most girl stuff already contains it

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.