Greetings

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      TheStraightener
      Participant

Hello from the UK!

I’ve always had an interest in sites like this since the early 2000s when I stumbled across sites like ogrish, rotten etc. My interest was very immature though, the internet was new and exciting and I felt I was watching stuff I shouldn’t be watching. Never really appreciating that this was reality and a never discussed side of our human nature.

I stopped watching for a good few years for various reasons then someone in work told me about 3 guys one hammer. Almost automatically I searched for it and I ended up here!

That video still haunts me today and it changed my life. I never cared about walking past a group of people or going for walks over the mountain etc before but now I trust nobody. Not a great way to live I know but what’s on this site is reality and I now fully realise what we are capable of as a species, and Its horrific.

Never mind the travel agent brochures, this is the first place you should come to if you are planning a trip anywhere abroad! Because of this site I turned down working in South Africa for a few weeks… probably saved my life.

Anyways, that’s enough rambling from me and I look forward to speaking with you.

Alien
      Participant

Hey, I think the only place I wouldn’t go is brazil but I never wanted to anyway. I’m sure you would have been able to work in South Africa without any issues but I understand your concerns with it. This site is a good place to see that you can’t just go to these countries like the average tourist walking around in fancy jewelry and shit, hopefully it helps people be cautious.

Long Haired Dude
      Participant

Honestly, not trusting anyone is a good idea. I don’t even trust my friends, even my girlfriend (I don’t tell her), because you don’t know what’s going in people’s brains. I am very cautious. Anything can happen when you go outside. You can call me paranoid, I call it not living in a bubble thinking nothing can happen to me. So keep not trusting people. It’s good for you, as long as you don’t isolate yourself from everybody.

TheStraightener
      Participant

Oh I don’t isolate myself my friend, I’m just a lot more ‘aware’ than I used to be and won’t put myself in any compromising situations.

I’m concerned about the world my kids are growing up in. But a least they’ll be able to see what humans are capable of, a luxury I didn’t have when I was a child.

Long Haired Dude
        Participant

When I have kids, I’m going to teach my children not to think of the world as rainbows and unicorns. I don’t want them to think the world is a peaceful place where nothing can happen to them. I will scare them to the point where they will be looking over their shoulder (not to the point where they’re paranoid all the time). I don’t want them to be like those idiots who get in cars to hitchhike or trust a total stranger.

Karlos
      Participant

Nice comments. I’m 46 and live in U.K. ENGLAND. I have 2 kids, lad who’s 18 and girl who’s 13. In this day and society I fear for them. I have 2 x 9mm berretas from the black market, with 18 rounds (bullets). Hard to come by in my country but bought them for my families protection. I love this site BG, but know it’s all coming to an end shortly. Just be safe BG members and fingers crossed we don’t end up on here, or one or more of our victims. Peace out ✌️

TheStraightener
      Participant

It’s crazy how media has changed since I was a kid. No internet back then and the only exposure you had to the world was the 6 o’clock news. There wasn’t even 24 hour dedicated news channel.

Fast forward to now and you can log into Facebook to say hi to your friends, play a farm game and then watch a guy throw his baby off a roof.

What have we become?

Enigman
      Participant

Aah mature talks, nice!

illegalsmile55
      Participant

*fingers crossed* lol

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.