Guns Guns and more fucken Guns

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Health Guns Guns and more fucken Guns

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Logan Cuck
      Participant

Perhaps this might Change the minds of gun nuts.

16 children were shot every day across US in 2012 – report

Surely being a grown adult for fuck sake you have to see that is major problem if you don’t then your a fucken idiot should not be entitled to use or carry a firearm because you do not have the capacity to know what is right from wrong.

https://www.rt.com/usa/387145-child-shootings-america-guns/

BlackCollar
      Participant

Speaking as a gun nut, this arguement never works. People who would share in your opinion would see me as being pig-headed, maybe, but from a gun nut’s perspective, “y’all just ign’ant.” Firearm safety stems from knowledge of the firearms you’re handling. If you want to kill people, having no access to firearms won’t stop you from doing it. Small children who aren’t familiarized with the weapons and/or have access to firearms is solely the fault of the parents or guardians. That’s how we see it is all.

BlackCollar
      Participant

I meant that in as much as safety goes for a system designed to cause harm, it’s in the maintenance and handling that most accidents will happen. Knowing the procedures in clearing chamber, how to properly clean your firearm, presenting a firearm to another person, etc. will reduce if not eliminate the hazard. We build a lot of bad habits, like for example, out on the range I’ve seen people present their firearms to a friend or family member without first clearing the chamber and inspecting it. Or I have coworkers that will check out a new firearm with their finger on the trigger…

Some of the things you propose, we already have in place.

We could do with more of a national database for registering weapons, though. As it is, only
      fully-automatics, shotguns with a barrel of fewer than 18 inches in legth, and equipment such as sound-suppressors are registered on a national level. Other firearms registration is on a state level.

Gun stores are highly regulated and have strict rules as to what they can sell and who they can sell to. Online stores must ship to a liscenced vendor, not to individuals.

If someone is mentally ill, disabled, deemed a danger to himself or others, has been convicted of a crime requiring a stint in prison lasting more than a year, has been convicted of any violent crime, has a restraining order in regards to their significant other or their children, dishonorably discharged from the military, has been convicted of domestic violence, or is addicted to or using controlled substances, they are not allowed the purchase of a firearm unless a seperate court order grants them the right.

Firearms requiring registry found to be unregistered by the police are confiscated and broken down.

Private sales do not require background checks, but the weapon is registered and change of ownership documented.

Other than all that, I really like your idea of a psychological eval performed by a professional at the time of purchase before being allowed to pick up. This should definitely be a thing.

BlackCollar
        Participant

Also, just re-read your last paragraph, and although this country would never go that route I see some merit with the idea of a temporary revokation until some of this craziness calms down. Last few years have seen a lot of civil unrest and everyone’s on edge.

Long Haired Dude
      Participant

There being more gun laws is not going to stop someone from murdering people. If a person who wants to mass murder can’t get a gun, they’ll just get a kitchen knife and go to a mall and stab everyone in the neck they see.

Should we not allow people to purchase knives now?

Long Haired Dude
      Participant

You’re not getting my point. It doesn’t matter if it’s harder to get a gun. Anything can be used as a weapon to cause mass murder. I have a baseball bat in my room. I can take it, go outside to the park, and bash people’s heads in until I’m shot dead by police. I have a frying pan in my kitchen. I can take it go outside to the park, and hit people in the head to death with it until I’m shot dead by police. I have 10 different types of knives in my kitchen. Again, I can go outside and stab about 30 people to death before I’m shot dead by police.

Just because it doesn’t have a trigger, doesn’t mean it’s not dangerous.

Long Haired Dude
      Participant

“and im wondering that your thought process is on well if we take away guns people will use use other things as weapons, A stable and civilized society will not resort to that.”

Someone who wants to kill someone with a gun is not “stable” or “civilized”. If they can’t get a gun, they’ll use something else.

You don’t hear about a “toilet brush” murder because people have guns. It’s easy to get them in the US. Take that away, and of course you’ll see “toilet brush” murders every week. Take away toilet brushes and you’ll see “soap in socks” as a weapon to kill people.

BlackCollar
      Participant

There’s not much stability out here nowadays, and less civility. We do have beatings and other killings without the use of guns, but our media latches onto every gun violence story that would play to the anti-gun rhetoric they want to push. Most other killings go unreported, especially if the victim was not a minority, or if the perpetrator was a minority (or an illegal immigrant), or if guns in some way saved lives rather than taking them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.