Happy Father’s Day!

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else Happy Father’s Day!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      despy
      Participant

not all heroes wear condoms 😛
      enjoy your day BG dads

despy
      Participant

Heading over to my dad’s now. He doesn’t know I am not working. He keeps calling me his “frontline daughter” because even though I was laid off for a while we were essential business that never closed

So I just sent him message I was heading his way and he said “see you soon ,frontline!”

🙁

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

I lost my old dad to a respiratory virus in May. He made it to his late 90s. So I’m thinking about my old dad a lot today. He was a very funny, witty, dry-humoured man. Introduced me to the outdoors of Scotland, fishing, hiking, walking, beaches and wildlife. Later when I was old enough he introduced me to his home-made beer and good whisky. He was a World War Two veteran and tough as old boots.
      He taught me some of the cool things to do as a father and I’ve introduced my son to many of the great things my dad showed me. My boy is old enough that we can have a beer together now. Well once the pubs open up after Lockdown that is. When I take my son for that drink we’ll raise a glass to his grandad – my father.

Fatherhood – its the gift that just keeps giving.

illegalsmile55
        Participant

He seemed a great Dad and a wonderful human being.

despy
        Participant

My dad taught me to fish too. I hope my dad lives as long as yours wankdust, if not longer. He is starting to tell alot of stories now and I love it

karmen40
        Participant

@lord-wankdust
        Sorry to hear about your dad mate.
        I lost mine in march last year [2019]. He was present all my life, but we had a very complicated relationship. Although love both ways never wained, and was never a question.
        Havent “got over” it as such. Any and all memories of Dad, good or bad, I could just not face – or even consider at first when it happened. The good memories hurt worse than the bad. Just went into autopilot sorting the funeral, his contracts, dealings, etc. and of course comforting mum. Its a cliche yes… but i felt guilt for and happiness of even brief cheerfulness for any reason.
        All i can say now is, the memories have become less as painful as time goes on. Those same memories became easier to face…and it, over time, came to a point where my own reminiscence of all those memories I can enjoy, celebrate, and raise a laugh or smile to myself… without any guilt at the happiness i feel.

From the paragraph that you typed describing him, and from the many things you’ve told us about your lifestyle and pursuits, it is obvious that your father made a huge positive impression on your life.
        In that respect, you are very lucky.
        I hope your dad now rests in peace. And my thoughts are with you

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

You never “get over” losing someone who was much loved and part of your DNA. You just learn to gradually live with their absence. In time the painful loss finds its own space in your life, it assumes its own size and scale but you still carry it. That is why “letting go” is so painful because we dont want to. They were and are so precious. Complicated or not.

I will always carry it. It is no burden. We are only here on loan. I heard this recently and found it quite something.

despy
          Participant

Lmao what was that? So gorgeously stupid. The line about helping to find left shoe? Wtf. Then I was trying to turn up the bass, couldn’t hear it ..couldn’t see it..then i thought maybe it is within me. What the heck?

Anyhow, I cried. Thanks I think

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

Ron and Russell Mael (Sparks) have always been incredibly popular here in Scotland. I remember watching them on Top of the Pops in 1973 doing “This Town Ain’t Big Enough For Both Of Us” and have taken much guilty pleasure in their odd, witty, camp, warm, heartfelt and sometimes spectacular Art-Rock Music ever since.

They recorded this track in Scotland with Finitribe up in Edinburgh.

despy
          Participant

What a trippy band. I dig the 70s tune. Something rather mesmerizing about them

Too funny to see Top of the Pops reference. I used to have alot of recordings, cant even remember which bands. Smiths probably, maybe, Cure?

Thanks despy and illegal ,I appreciate it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.