Hello, once again…

Best Gore Forums Best Gore Website Introduce Yourself Hello, once again…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      drewcifuuuuuu-
      Participant

It’s been a real long time. I was a very frequent member and once a moderator on the old phpBB forums. My username at the time was Abstrent. This was back in 2010-2011ish. I’m not sure what had happened to those boards, just remember seeing a post about Facebook purchasing phpBB and putting our members personal information at risk, and even read that the owner of the website (his name alludes me at the moment, Mark, maybe?) was imprisoned. I stopped back to look at some gore and saw that the forums were updated, so I figured I’d reregister and reintroduce myself to newer members and hopefully catch up with any members that may have been around back in the day who may remember me. One kid from Europe was pretty cool, I think his username was schizoid, had a grey alien as his avatar. Then there was a chick from Iceland (or maybe New Zealand?) who was cool to talk to. Used to comment on my stupid little poems and raps I would write and occasionally post on the site. I may not visit as frequently as I used to, but this site and it’s people always had a special place in my heart, so, I’m back! ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome back. Our previous forums were based on the MyBB script which was purchased by Facebook, and were reprogrammed in ways that no user privacy and anonymity could be guaranteed, so the forums were shut down. Meanwhile, we have introduced these new forums which are fully integrated with the main page so one login now works for both.

drewcifuuuuuu-
      Participant

Well, that’s cool. Yeah, I rid myself of social media years ago and now only browse through Tor. I don’t enjoy anyone trying to pry into my personal life, so whatever I can do to mask myself I generally try to, though I do still have a Twitter account I rarely use. The whole Snowden thing was a big eye opener for me in terms of online privacy and how important it is.

drewcifuuuuuu-
      Participant

Sorry Vincent, are you the owner of the site? For some reason the name Mark comes to mind, but I don’t know why. lol

Your old account on BG still exists: @abstrent

Existing accounts have not been deleted. If you remember what password you used, you should be able to log in to it. If not, there should be an option to recover your password, provided you have access to the email account you used to register it.

@abstrent
      was one of the first accounts that registered on Best Gore. If that’s you, then you’ve been around since 2008. Fucking hell, dude. Respect for all the years of ongoing support and loyalty. You dwarf all the n00bs with ease ๐Ÿ™‚

drewcifuuuuuu-
        Participant

Now, I don’t recall ever making an account on the BestGore site, only on the old forums. So, if that account was registered on the website, then it probably wasn’t me. If my account was carried over from the old forums onto the website when all the changes occurred, then maybe, but I’m confident it’s not me, and kinda sad cause I felt cool for a minute only to have it ripped away from me. lmao

The old forum was a stand alone script independent from the rest of the website. Nothing was carried over from there, but all accounts created on the main page remain, regardless of where they were created. Did you used to have an email address that looked similar to this –> [email protected]?

drewcifuuuuuu-
      Participant

Wow, I has no idea it was THAT long ago. lol I’ll see if I can log in just for old times sake, but that’s no longer an alias I use.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.