How Many BPMs Do You Like?

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Music How Many BPMs Do You Like?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  BoudoirDJ 3 months ago.

• Author

BoudoirDJ
    Participant
    Goints: 1,084

Post Insane Music, That Is The Criteria.

Death Pod
    Participant
    Goints: 651

“Dis side, dat side.”

That tickled my ribs.

BoudoirDJ
    Participant

Staying steady at 140beeps

BoudoirDJ
    Participant

The BPMs are staying at 140 for now. New release from Truth. It’s a G’d damn house-shaker!

Danaconda
    Participant
    Goints: 2,176

Very talented 140+ BPM performed by a human.

illegalsmile55
      Participant
      Goints: 5,554

It needs more cow bell.

Unbelievable dude!

MasterPlan
      Participant
      Goints: 3,798

I need a stronger batch of weed!!
      Nice 🙂

Refuse2Renig
    Participant
    Goints: 173

BoudoirDJ
    Participant

Doin a swifty up, to 160 beeps. DJ Rashad RIP.

Lord Wankdust
    Participant
    Goints: 1,539

Apollo 440 take Gene Krupa’s syncopated style, utterly fly with it and slap a big fat drum sample from The Sweet’s glamtastic hit single “Blockbuster” on top of it. BPM..? Pass the popcorn…
    “Now back to Gene Krupa’s syncopated style….” Are ya listenin’ Travis?

BoudoirDJ
      Participant

I calculate that at about 126 Laird. The syncopation creates the double-time feel, so you can go wildstyle dance or steady bop.
      What was that KLF track you posted a while back, blew my brains, couldn’t find it on yer page, video featured trains?
      @lord-wankdust

Lord Wankdust
    Participant
    Goints: 1,539

@1purple8

Your BPM accuracy is much appreciated.
    The KLF were a real centric force for me in the late 80s and into the 90s (and beyond…). From the Justified Ancients of MuMu through to their last K2 Plant Hire incarnation, everything they Kreated was genius touched with obsessive madness, all self-referencing, samples nudging discordian jokes and Situationist Internationale happenings. I bought, sought and got everything. Still have a massive collection.
    The track was “Madrugada Eterna” and it was the version from the “Kylie Said To Jason CDEP” from 1989. That version appeared no-where else and that wee EP was hard to find back then. There is a version of the track on the “Chill Out” album which is great but the “Kylie” CD version for me is just the fucking medicine (whatever the disease). The video is of the “last train” between Parton and Kirkowan in Dumfries & Galloway before they closed the line in 1965. I have spent my life tramping in the hills and moors in that video and fished every patch of water shown (lochs, rivers and estuaries). Bill Drummond of The KLF was brought up in Newton Stewart (in the video) where his father was the church minister. The nostalgic video clip and the wonderful KLF track makes for an utterly beautiful watch and listen. It was a fan-made clip video but very nicely ties together some details… one of the stretches of water seen from the train is the Penkiln Burn (the name of Drummond’s publishing company).

There was also a nifty wee Club Mix 12″ of “Madrugada Eterna” which slid out from Jimmy Cauty’s mixing desk in 1989. The only problem with it? It’s too short…

The name “Madrugada Eterna” suggests that time just before dawn which seems to last for ever

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lord Wankdust.

BoudoirDJ
      Participant

Ahh, wonderful. Much appreciated. It’s one of those tunes that seems to play on quietly in the mind after listening. I’d never heard of The KLF before.
      Cheers LWD.

BoudoirDJ
    Participant

So back to 140

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.