I Think I Am Going to Quit My Job Tomorrow

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else I Think I Am Going to Quit My Job Tomorrow

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      despy
      Participant

I am so fucking miserable up there yet I continue to do nothing about it, aside from internally whine

it would literally force me into taking action for myself

the drawback being I have no other job lined up and I would lose a weeks vacation but I couldn’t take vacation anytime soon cause they have no one else working up there

I think I have hit my limit. I really don’t know what to do. I have been miserable for months, yet I keep allowing them to stick it to me

I hesitate cause it is such an asshole thing to do without notice but they do not give a fuck about me so why should I they

I feel it is only way to force myself into action otherwise I am just going to continue to bitch and moan ad nauseam and I am so tired of this misery. I honestly cannot think of one thing I like about my job, not one. sure there are customers I genuinely care for but it’s not enough

despy
      Participant

UPDATE

how come no one is talking me off of the ledge? because it is a good idea?

Laura
      Participant

It’s hard to know what to say because we don’t know what the job is or what about the job you hate, how long you’ve been in the job and how difficult it would be to get another job at the same pay…ANd we don’t know how old you are or what your responsibilities and obligations are…Do you have a family? A mortgage? Car payments?

Are you depressed to the point where everything seems shitty whether it’s objectively shitty or not?

What would it take to start a whole new life or career?

What would you love to do?

Are you just plain worn out? Do you need to pay some attention to your physical health?

We need more info!

despy
        Participant

I have no bills aside from my utilities and my rent and car insurance. all told around a whopping $900 a month

I currently make a decent wage but could honestly make it on $10 an hour as my expenses are so low. previous to this job I was in retail management. I was a store manager for 20+ years. I loved the job but hated the system, if that makes sense.

after years of 70 hour work week I finally snapped and quit. I lived off savings until I didnt. hit a rough patch and literally rebuilt from nothing

I got this job 3 years ago. without divulging the specifics it is more retail but on a much smaller scale. at the time it was good for me, a non too overwhelming reintroduction into workforce but I have always hated it. I did it as a springboard for something else, a way to find another job while working as that is always easiest. but it never happened. I became complacent . there is no joy in it whatsoever and zero reward. it is a means to a paycheck

it is the easiest job I have ever had in my life. there is not much physical about it at all and I hate it. I return home with zero sense of accomplishment. not to toot my own horn (beep beep) but as a store manager I was a superstar. I was always top in sales for my district and every assistant manager I had went on to run their own stores. I was very proud of my people and our work. problem was i cared too much which led to my inevitable burn out.

flash forward to now and I am overwhelmingly disgusted. I am literally, as of now, the only one back since being laid off after ‘pandemic’ . literally no one is back and I now do the work of 3 people in the midst of a complete remodel and am completely getting screwed without my body involved

I am also now the only white person in there and if I hear “supersonic” one more time I am gonna rip my face off. isn’t that so stupid? but that is just how done I am

I can no longer endure the black banter. you have no idea how often throughout the day I bite the inside of my cheek. so done hearing of their plight and their blessed this and blessed that and who got shot. when I am not surrounded in black bullshit i am met with the jew as 75% of clientele is jew and I am so sick of their attempts at free shit and their wonky smell

I think, at the moment, the most irritating thing is the construction. I am not exaggerating when I say I am feet away from saw. it is beyond ridiculous and after two seconds of it I am done, let alone hours of it. my nerves are shot. not to mention the moment my shift starts the only other girl there darts to the back and I am left alone until she leaves couple hours later and then I am literally all alone

I am the only reason/way that counter remains open for half the day and no one appreciates it. I am not expecting to be praised or my ass kissed just something other than see ya tomorrow would be welcomed

I don’t think anyone is coming back. half of them were paid under the table (cash) and when business died they were done. the others have doctors notes and continue to collect unemployment and many took their unemployment and stimulus check and ran

for as physically easy the job is, it is certainly a mental mind fuck. no one lasts. anyone decent has bailed cause they just cant take it. I have outlasted them all. it’s all shucking and jiving with the brothers and sisters. total slow motion with zero sense of urgency. they are all related so when shit hits the fan there is zero accountability and it is frustrating as fuck

I also resent being told to work my day off cause they have no coverage, in what world is a supervisor expected to work more than the salaried manager? I just think I am done. I let everything fester for far too long and it’s over. who in the hell are they going to hire in during a pandemic when they couldn’t get anyone in during better times. it really is a shit job but does require skill as 90% of it is intricate computer work and I just don’t have it in me to train yet another one who won’t show up yet following day reappears with their hair did

speaking of, have you ever seen them smack their heads when their braids are too tight or whatever that is? fucking retarded, with apologies to the mentally challenged

all of it makes me sick. here it is going on 3 in the morning and I am so wired and so anxious of the thought of going in there and doing it all over again. I honestly do not think I can. I seriously think I am done

What an interesting story! I know it is easy for me to say it ,but never make a decision on the spur of the moment. Make it from a position of power. You are the only one back ,have a good work history so just take some sick notes which you deserve ,recharge your batteries and then go back fresh- faced.ONLY THEN get a new job and leave them.

@despy

despy
          Participant

I appreciate your positivity but I am feeling the decision has been made, weeks ago

thedre
          Participant

@Despy
          I Really feel bad for you girl, and the current situation that you find yourself in. Being that you are very intelligent, well spoken friendly individual, finding other employment should be quite easy no?? I Mean (After This Covid-Bullshit) is done with, of course.

You’s have what we call Unemployment-Insurance in the states right?? If you lost your job that would kick-in for 10 months or so giving you ample time to relax, and slowly look into something more You,,, More Despy. You need to be working with people as you love people, and you always seamed to be eager to please.

So give yourself a well deserved break, and think about it girl, as things will get better my good B G Sister,,, they always do. So Good-Luck in whatever you decide to do, but when you do,,, you will be The Very Best At It,,, i just know by your Great Character & Good Humor. πŸ™‚

Laura
          Participant

Along with the $3k you’ll get from unemployment and, hopefully, a stimulus check…You’re good to go if that’s what you decide. HOWEVER, the situation you describe could also be perfect for demanding a big fat raise or you’ll be leaving. You are good at what you do and it sounds like they have ONE decent employee…YOU.

If your employer agrees, more $ might make the rest of the aggravations less aggravating?

But the aggravations, from your, erm…coworkers…to trying to function in the middle of a remodel sounds absolutely ghastly. When/if you demand a raise, you could explain the other issues that are making your job unbearable.

Think about this; just heard Fauci say that “the worst is yet to come” with the pandemic and that could make a new job tough to find. The nation-wide riots and protests are practically guaranteed to cause a second wave.

Have you thought about what you would really love to do?

Keep in touch if you have time!!!!

despy
          Participant

three years. No raise

Laura
          Participant

That is BS…So…You’re good at your job. You might be the ONE employee that consistently shows up for work and works overtime…AND NO RAISE IN THREE YEARS????

I’d demand an enormous pay hike, a better workspace (away from your…erm…”coworkers”)…or give notice.

Sounds to me like you’d have an excellent case.

pigsonthewing
          Participant

Interesting story…

I, like you, spent several years in the corporate grind. I always thought I was appreciated in the work I had done. The advancements came. Unfortunately, the pay didn’t.

Long story short…

I decided 20 years ago, to take the simplest, low stressed jobs out there, and put my interests into a non paycheck career. I got rid of all my credit cards, and moved my money into a smaller bank. I became an independent contractor AND an employee, so I could reap the benefits of obtaining quality health coverage, while receiving a decent tax refund. (U.S. residents only)

As a result like you, I have no debt. I’ve been a homeowner twice. After being thoroughly reamed by points, closing costs, selling off my mortgage and bank bailouts, my last house will be purchased with cash.

I’ve realized, that this whole system is rigged against us. If our educational system would teach defiance to our children in class, I think society would be much better off for it.

It’s the true act of patriotism imo.

despy
          Participant

good for you! sounds like you have real peace of mind

I don’t have any credit cards which means I also don’t have lots of stuff or debt. that is how I justify paying $20 for a tube of mascara

HamburgerBob
      Participant

Come on, you just won the ultimate LancΓ΄me revitalizing eye cream sweepstakes the other day, so there’s no reason you should be feeling this down right now. πŸ˜€

Actually I know exactly what you mean, but like Laura said, we don’t know enough to tell you if it’s a good idea or not because that is a pretty big decision. You’d hate to have second thoughts after quitting and then getting in touch with them to tell them that you made a mistake and all…

Forget those idiots at your work and what you don’t like about it, keep it simple, your paycheck is your friend and it does good things for you, heck, on your next one, splurge some more.
      Just hang tight, things will get better.

despy
        Participant

ha! I like your fancy o in the lancome, nice touch

I have enough in the bank to coast for a few months. I get what you are saying and it is wise but I really don’t think I can do it another day. at some point I think I decided my livelihood outweighs a pizza with stuff on it. a simple sandwich may make for better bedfellow. I miss smiling

HamburgerBob
          Participant

I’m glad you liked it because it took my like 6 tries to get it right
          Anyway I read your situation and can definitely see your frustration.
          You definitely need a vacation.
          Have you ever thought of moving?

despy
          Participant

yep! all the time. aside from 2 years in Florida (hated it) I have lived in same area entire life

HamburgerBob
          Participant

@desp
          So from super hot and humid back to a place that gets super cold.
          You don’t mess around lol.

I would like to visit Florida though, they have some cool things that I’d have to smuggle into Cali, but maybe one day.

despy
          Participant

cocaine?

HamburgerBob
          Participant

@desp
          No thanks! It’s very sweet of you though.
          Oh, no just plants and maybe small animals, stuff like that.
          I’m more of a nature person.

despy
          Participant

black tar?

Laura
      Participant

“Your paycheck is your friend”…BRILLIANT!!!!

despy
        Participant

I’m a better one.

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

The United States is about to collapse. Now is definitely not the time to quit your job. Save as much money as you can and buy precious metals.

You’re country is 26 trillion in debt and counting.

despy
          Participant

TheProtocolsOfZion
          Participant

LOL.

despy
          Participant

Laura
          Participant

Ugh…OMG…I’m feeling seriously worried.

Laura
          Participant

Hmmm…You’re good at what you do. Your employer is having trouble scheduling workers…People aren’t even showing up…IT’S TIME TO ASK FOR A BIG FAT RAISE!!!!!…or you’re outta there. If they can meet your demands, cool. If not, blow that taco stand.

Laura
          Participant

Absolutely!

despy
      Participant

thank you all so very much for your input!

cooler head has prevailed and I have made my decision. I feel absolute euphoria. this must be like when someone decides to off themselves and they get all happy cause finally the decision has been made and weight of world is lifted and they are at one with themselves and birds

not sure how it is going to go down and it lacks all integrity but I feel it wise to opt for a firing. at least with that I have some hope of duking it out in unemployment court, if I quit I just quit with nothing. no idea how to accomplish this but it will be done. today I draw the line .I make a choice and today I choose Me πŸ™‚

illegalsmile55
        Participant

You can get another job with your employment history. I get it though….looking for a job is almost worse than having a shitty job…all that kissing ass and so on. I have quit jobs for the exact reason you want to and I never regretted it!(Except for the niggering, which would’ve helped me out the door) You’ve got some bucks in the bank and that’s a start..can you imagine quitting without any back up? Yep, been there too…
        GO DESPY!! @desp

despy
          Participant

thanks illegal! yes I have money in the bank and the state still owes me nearly three grand in unemployment (quit paying out due to widespread fraud) I will get that money just a matter of when but until then i am good
          Awwrrooooooooo!

HamburgerBob
          Participant

@illegalsmile55
          What if @desp just moved with or near you, saved up for a boat, and just became shrimping partners, you being the shrimping boat Capt of course.

Is there really good money in that?
          Maybe get lucky and catch a big ass tuna and sell it to Japan for $500,000 and you ladies are set :D.
          Hey I heard they’d pay up to a million for a certain tuna.

This was just a flash thought, probably not a great idea.

despy
          Participant

Lol I just pictured final scene of Shawshank Redemption but with girls and more weed πŸ™‚

HamburgerBob
          Participant

Best movie ever!
          That’s real freedom right there, or should I say fweedom.

thedre
          Participant

@HamburgerBob
          You have great taste in movies Bob, as i also truly believe that **Shaw-Shank Redemption**
          Really was an Incredible Gem of a Movie, and The Best Prison-Based Movie Ever Made.

I Even Have-It beating-out **Escape From Alcatraz** which used to be my Most-Favorite, and Top Prison Movie of All-Time before Shaw-Shank came-out!

Now, *The Shaw-Shank Redemption* Is my absolute Top #1 Prison/Escape Type Movie OF ALL Time.
          It’s also in my All-Time Top 3 Movies of any Genre of All-Time WITH,,,

My 2nd. Best Movie Being,,, **FOREST GUMP**
          And,,
          My 1st. and very Best Movie Ever is,,,
          Take A Couple Of **Guesses** @HamburgerBob & You Guys/Gals ,lol ???

After All,,, We Gotta keep-it Interesting No? lol ? πŸ™‚

thedre
          Participant

@HamburgerBob

Ok Bob,,, Fuck The Guessing-Game, lol,
          Below is my #1 All-Time Favorite Movie.

My #1 Movie Of All Time ends-up being,
          A 1975 Comedy/Drama With Jack Nicholson,
          that Some say was based on a true story.

HAVE A WATCH FOR FREE, AS IT IS A CLASSIC GEM FOR SURE GUYS/GALS. SO GRAB YOUR FAVORITE DRINK, SNACK, SMOKE A NICE FAT BLUNT & ENJOY-IT, IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN-IT THAT IS, CAUSE IT IS AN EXCELLENT ONE, AND INSTANT HIT AT THE 1975 BOX OFFICE THAT HAD NICHOLSON WIN AN OSCAR FOR IT. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 1/2 STAR RATING! ***RESTRICTED***

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=watch+one+flew+over+the+cuckoo%27s+nest+movie+free+you+tube#id=4&vid=d887cc69311a405207a27274feea6f26&action=click

thedre
          Participant

DISMISS THE MOVIE LINK ABOVE, AS IT IS A DIRECTOR COPY OF SORTS & NOT THE WHOLE MOVIE SEE BELOW
          https://putlocker9.ru/film/one-flew-over-the-cuckoo-s-nest-1975-1080p/watching.html

thedre
          Participant

HACKSAW RIDGE IS ANOTHER ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE WAR MOVIES (THAT’S BASED ON A TRUE STORY) AND WORTH THE WATCH. **Trust Me as you will not Regret-It** AS IT IS Way Underrated for sure!

Another Must See **FREE** Full-Movie to watch Guys/Gals,,, Enjoy! πŸ™‚

https://putlocker9.ru/film/hacksaw-ridge-2016-1080p.80041/watching.html

HamburgerBob
          Participant

Thanks for the link, haven’t seen that movie in decades.
          Great movie, was always left thinking “why couldn’t he just leave”

thedre
          Participant

@HamburgerBob
          Your Welcome Bob.
          And Yea,,, i often thought the same thing, but then i’d quickly realize that he wanted to be there instead. Cause it was either The Nuthouse, or The Penitentiary for him. So he acted like a complete Retard In order to not do hard time, but the head Nurse Knew. If we are talking about Cuckoo’s Nest that is, lol ? πŸ˜‰

despy
          Participant

GREAT movie. how about that Indian?

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          That Indian was just something else wasn’t he, lol??? Rips the toilet of the cement wall, and launches-it like a fucking field-goal attempt thru the window, lol, Classic For Sure.

And please Keep your Head-Up Girl, as things can only get better with us, and our combined well wishes and our thoughts that are always with you.
          Luv Dre. πŸ™‚

If your economy Ever Collapses, get your Ass To Ottawa, And Cathy, & I Will take you into our Beautiful Home, and Good Life, as you will want for nothing hun. 100% Sincere-Truth as our door is always open for My B G Family. And Well,,, You Are Special, lol, But Honestly!
          Luv Cathy & Dre. πŸ™‚

despy
          Participant

when are we going to Slovakia? πŸ˜€

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          As Soon as This Covid Bullshit makes-it easier to travel, and i can finish-up the offer that My Lawyers and I Have been working-on For The Possible Purchase Of Best-Gore. So maybe a little later this summer/Early Fall.

Cathy is not a jealous person whatsoever, but Your Boyfriend/Husband,,, would he be upset if i took you along with me to Slovakia???

despy
          Participant

I would not think so but you can ask him yourself once we get there πŸ˜€

thedre
          Participant

@desp
          I Know sweetheart i just wanted to keep it quiet, lol. πŸ™‚

despy
          Participant

do you think he could be at the airport? πŸ˜€

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          Actually we would have a car waiting for us at the Slovakian Airport, as i will make preparations to have a rental waiting for us like last time. This way we would just drive to Marks which is only about a 45 minute drive from the Airport. Cathy & I Would hope that you would either fly, or drive down to Ottawa, crash at our place for one night, and then head-off to the Airport the Next Day so we could fly together.

despy
          Participant

Lmao why do I feel like flight would be 17 hours of flight path discussion and you pointing out window telling me to look at curvatures and some shit πŸ˜›

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          And Lmao Back At You my Darling B G Sister,,, as that was Super Funny, lol. πŸ™‚

HamburgerBob
          Participant

@thedre
          Well you didn’t deny it 😂

thedre
          Participant

@HamburgerBob
          No,,, lol, lol, Nope,, Now stop-it as you both are killing me, as my stomach is hurting so much from laughing so hard Bob, you fuckers, lol. πŸ™‚

despy
          Participant

@thedre thanking for finding humor in my comment and may I add no flat earth filled laptop cued up with 15 hours of truth seeking videos allowed inflight πŸ™‚

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          Desp,,, I Promise to not bring-up, or talk about The Flat-Earth Truth, as Cathy Is Also sick & tired of hearing-it, lol. And yes, it looks like iv’e convinced Cathy To come Along, As This time, she would not feel like three is a crowd if she would have came with me.

I Say This as Mark, & I Had lots to chat about, and mostly *Best-Gore Related of Course* lol. So Because of this, she would have felt like she was just going to be extra baggage sort of speak. But since we are now 4, we will have an awesome time with you two πŸ™‚ Double-Dating πŸ™‚

It will be so cool for the 2 You to land in Europe, & Getting to Experience Slovakia’s Extreme Beauty, and it’s Friendly People For The Very First-Time. And the fact that you two will be able to share this,,, (what will be, & I Assure You) A Trip of a lifetime it together,,, makes-it a Huge Bonus. πŸ™‚

I Know For A Fact that you will just love Cathy, her awesome sense of humor, and great heart desp. So yea,,, because i have been reading all of your stuff since you first joined, i have noticed that You’s are so alike it crazy, but in a good way, lol. πŸ™‚

So it was from all of your multiple write-ups/comments throughout your few years on here, that i got to know you fairly well. And That’s why i know that you will just love Cathy, And her funny/friendly ways, as You’s ‘ARE’ The Same. I Can Already see you Gals in my head drinking lots of good, actually Really-Good Slovakian Wine together.

And then i see us all at This Cool Pizza/Bar Place Downtown right next to the Cobblestone Patio Walkways where nightly Entertainment like free Outdoor Concerts, and all these Food Truck that have your mouth watering every darn time the wind comes whipping your way, lol.

But Mark & I Held-on for dear life t’ill the concert ended, and walked across the street to this Bar/Pizzeria, which we ended-up going a total of 3 times during my 3 week holiday in Slovakia, cause This Darn Pizza was just so, so good man, we had no choice whatsoever to go, as it played on us, lol.

But just think desp, Cathy and yourself will be enjoying the nighttime beauty of The Downtown Strip, and seeing 700+ Year-Old Cobblestoned streets, and Tall Buildings all lit up by bright small Christmas-type white lights, that are everywhere, lighting up all the streets, and all of the little cute Passageways/Alleyways That are extremely safe & again very well lit.

Now with The Friendly-Police making their rounds through The Downtown, they always were smiling, and very approachable for any questions you might have and so on. But They Made Their Friendly-Presence Known To any would be Thief/Troublemakers around. So i felt Extremely Safe The Whole Time While in Slovakia, And Enjoying it’s nightlife, and the many free Festivities that were going-on.:)

So Yep,,, as i said before, I Can See-It in my Head Now, the 4 of us out and enjoying the Slovakian Nightlife together & immensely, while popping-in to every Outdoor Patio/Bars for some cold ones (Which Will All BE 100% On Us), As I, but “Mostly Cathy” Would/Will Not ever have it any other way, & whatsoever.

So soon hun, the 4 of us will be Out on a Beautifully Warm Late Summer/Early Fall Night enjoying ourselves, while out & laughing our heads-off just having a great time playing Pool, and Eating *(The Very Best Pizza)* that i Think i have ever ate in my Entire Lifetime.

And being that i’m Pretty Fucken-Old Desp, I Think I Know Me Pizza,even though i only have 4 teeth remaining to eat-it. bwa, ha, ha! which is by the way my favorite food, lol. Yep, Just the 4 of us having a grand-old-time together,,, πŸ™‚ I Really Cannot Wait.:)

Cathy & Andre. πŸ™‚

despy
          Participant

it sounds fun and I can get along with all but it really seems like they aren’t letting us in for long time, they’ve kept it cool over there and America is infected mess

Trump pissed EU off by only allowing UK in, payback may be a bitch,served cold within depths of winter

We will have to see when they allow flights in and then I need like 6 or 8 weeks out to score decent fare

Poor Cathy enduring your flat earth shit πŸ™

I had pizza once and it had corn on it! silly Slovaks πŸ™‚

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          This is one of the reasons why i suggested that you either Drive, or Fly Up To Canada First. That’s besides having stay with us for a day, or two, and fly up together. You are aware, and remember that i said that
          I (Would & Am) Paying For Your Return flight to, and from to Ottawa Slovakia, And Back, Yea?
          So do not worry about losing your Job, and your income as just bring your ass over, and we Cathy & Will take-it from here. Outings/Drives all over Slovakia To See, and Visit/Enter 700 Year-Old Castles,,, Go Out For Good Food & Times will be Also On Us.

I Did the same for three weeks with Mark In Slovakia. I Spoiled him, and rented a car, as he took us to see his beautiful Country. Well we only ended-up seeing only like 1/3 rd. of it i’d say. And in that 1/3 third that i visited, there was so much beautiful things to see like these super high Mountains Called The Tetras-Mountains, that it’s surroundings had nicer hiking trails than in Canada ffs, i could not believe-it. So In 3 weeks our Calendar was filled with these cool, & Exited Day-Trips, Stuff Mark & his Super Cool Dad had gotten together, and planned for my stay.

So much to do, and see in Old-Europe & Slovakia. So The Flight,,, The Food,,, The Drinks,,, The Car Rental For The Duration Of Our Trip, and also Our Adjoining Hotel Rooms That Are 100% Separate & divided by a Sound-Proof, Solid-Core door that has a dead bolt on each Side, is,,, Along With Your Flights and Connections are All taken care of girl. So No,, None,, Nada,, Zilch Stress, or Financial-Stress For You during this time. πŸ™‚

@despy

You Do know that we will have to exchange E-Mails Soon, so we can begin discussing the details, you know stuff like, deciding how long you wanted to stay, ext… ext… so if you, and when you want call Mark-Up And ask him to give-it to you want.
          Do You Have His Phone # Desp ???

despy
          Participant

@thedre if I find out our favorite friend has phone with international calling after all the bullshit I have been through calling on his complicated cockamamie shit ,no flight necessary as i will rent indistrial slingshot and launch myself clear across ocean, gently and ever so gingerly parachute down and beat the wholly fuck out of “something”

I do not even want to know.

he can pass along my email or vice versa

And you paying for my trip is absurd. You can rent the car as hell if I am paying out $800 for whatever luxury sedan you had to demand. Crazyfuck

I am strictly in for the goulash and trinkets. Multiple stops for multiple trinkets. I fear it is only way Cathy and I can bond is by staring at itty bitty cutie things with embrodered sheep lined in shiny stuff and if either of you dislike cheese you are dead to me.

No tolerance for lactose intolerance period

Thats really kind of it and if either of you intentionally walk wee bit slower than me theres a fiver in it. Daily! But dont tell him as i kinda need this, thanks

And maybe just cause I am girl I dont want to be forever relegated to back seat. We switch it up a bit, couples cruise here and there. Maybe a little rock paper scissors involved on days I sense he isnt utterly sick of me which will be interesting to observe when he has real choice

I think it was just 4 days I had to let his backpack ride shotgun and less than 2x did he drowm me out with radio. I could still hear him sometimes sitting back there but i very quickly learned he does not find “are we there yet?” remotely funny and only time he pulled off freeway to turn around and scold me was when I accidentally kicked back of his seat, mever did that again

other than that funnest time ever!*

*extra set of eyes on any chocolate bar purchases is greatly appreciated as we must not ever repeat The Thing

keep in touch

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          O.M.G. You are one super cool, and so witty/funny girl. Fuck man,,, you have no idea how much fun we will have. We will feel, (or at least i did, up there, & honestly) like i was 20 again. Smile eye to ear the whole time, as Mark Drove, and we sang out loud like kids to every song on that local radio station of his. I Mean we are in Slovakia ffs??? I could not believe the incredibly good Rock Station That they Have. It was every single song, just about, on every single day, it was songs that we both loved and sang to. It was great Time, and memories, that i will cherish foreve.

But especially Mark’s Smile & Laughter, Pure Joy, that He, and Our Trip Truly Was.
          *And So Will Ours,,, So Will Ours. πŸ™‚
          No Elephants in the Room, or Uncomfortable Moments When We Meet Either None Whatsoever desp, just good chats, times and laughter, lots of it, as Cathy & You,,, i can picture now having a hoot.
          She and i are both excited like like kids man, & can’t wait ta go. πŸ™‚

despy
          Participant

wait till you hear me say “antennae rock” I kinda nailed it. may take a few for me to once again acclimate so no pressure please but I am fairly confident still got it.

I think maybe Mark is fantastic driver! Always kinda leery about that shit but I was like alright alright. Rather intense when you absolutely cannot drive and way more relaxed when you have no idea what signage means.

I would still be looping around them roundabouts. Really was cool to see what a benefit they are when absolutely everyone knows what to do in them and what a hoot to stop and let single mother cross in crosswalk or exclamations of female driver and hearing cock carousel rider is so damn funny, than merely reading it

and he truly does not touch those thermal soy boy receipts lmao it was borderline rude, I swooped in with the save and he totally let me. Probably why I am how I am now. Whatever

Beautiful country and wonderful host. No elephants indeed

Please tell me what cockamamie shit you are talking about As I want anonymous comms equip too!

@desp

Mr Spock
      Participant

Cheer up Despy. Just put your CV together and apply for lots of jobs that you want.
      I’m a contractor that got laid off because of the rona at end of last month. I’m using my time to retrain and fire off as many job applications in a day as possible, whilst using my spare time to get other aspects of life in gear.

As the saying goes, life is not about waiting for the storm to subside, it’s about learning to dance in the rain πŸ™‚
      The happiest people are the ones who just take control and test the world, rather than let the world test them.

despy
        Participant

thanks spock! πŸ™‚

despy
      Participant

well I done did it I am done! not really wanting to talk specifics at moment but I pulled the trigger it is over and I feel both elated and relieved.

thanks again for hashing it out with me and keep eye out for my GoFundMe page πŸ˜€

thanks again, friends ❤

pigsonthewing
      Participant

I was in a similar situation, when I decided to cut the Corporate Umbilical Chord. I still had a mortgage, but no serious debt, outside of that.

What I’m about to say, only applies to me. However, if it helps you find direction, this could be a win win situation for you as well.

I’m 62 years old. I like many spent years, trying to make my life better, by chasing the corporate paycheck. You know, the promotions, the recognition, the bonuses etc. However, most of the short lived gains, comes from the bean counters, who can calculate the corporate slaves career with the point of a mouse.

Technology has made all of us disposable. There’s no sense of human connectivity with the general masses anymore. If the federal reserve can print money out of thin air, then what makes you think your company can’t do the same with you?

My sense of being non disposable in my managerial career was self centered at best. An illusion at worst. That’s when I decided to disconnect from the corporate grind, and start growing as a person from within.

When I take a walk in the forest and realize, this planet has been here for 6.5 billion years, it gives you a sense of humility. Humility has helped me, in overcoming the fear of the unknown. This may be where you’re at right now. It sounds like you’ve been doing this for awhile, and has become a part of your life. However, it doesn’t have to define who you are as a person.

I have taken some of my semi-professional talent from the corporate grind, and applied it to my social services portfolio without a paycheck. The sense of appreciation is most notably felt, on a personal level this way.

In short, don’t let a job define who you are. If you feel like you can use your professional career to help others, this would be great. However at least for me, breaking away from the corporate grind, was a true act of defiance, that money alone couldn’t buy.

It looks like you control your money wisely. This is a form of personal discipline. This should help you overcome finding a new, (possibly much simpler) job. Those jobs are always out there.

Maybe think along those lines?

At least it will buy you enough time to look around for other options. I think it may be a little more difficult, if you’re still in the corporate rat race, thinking this is all you are capable of doing.

Kinda like living the rest of your life sober. But you have to disconnect from the booze first.

I love my stress free life! πŸ™‚

Gubment Cheese
        Participant

Very well said and a lot of truth in it.

despy
        Participant

appreciated this. this kind of was what my last job was. so far removed of the years past of hitting numbers and beating expectations. I hit the end with retail management. I ran the last store I had as best I could and yet I wanted nothing more than that, I did not want to become a district manager so all that was left was shipping me off to fix other failing stores. when we opened up markets in Detroit. that is where I was headed and fuck that

I need to figure out what my next step is and soon as I don’t want to fall in the path of scrambling for anything when the money is gone. I pray to do things right or at least enjoy the journey

rayf
      Participant

When it comes to giving an employer “notice” first ask yourself if they were gunna fire you…would they give you notice?…2 way street when it comes to loyalty despy.

despy
        Participant

true words

Laura
          Participant

Have you thought about what you’d really love to do?

despy
          Participant

Yes! whether or not it happens remains to be seen

money is big factor. sometimes I am not so stupid and the way I played this I am 99% certain I am going to end up with extremely strong unemployment case, perhaps even a wrongful termination suit

that is why I don’t really want to discuss the details. I don’t want to jinx it or gloat or even smile. time will tell if I hop up on my kitchen table and swirl them hips

I remain cautiously optimistic

Well if you do jump on the bench and swivel those hips ,make sure you are naked ,and do it astride some cooking ingredients like last time. Remember …it didn’t happen if there is no photo..

despy
          Participant

Lmao shea butter is not food, nor is it even soap. Carrying around 10pound block of it leaves one so disgusted you just dont care what it is you just want it gone

I have heard that. I have a friend who hates the stuff ,smell an all! I don’t mind it.
          I must say it is an Americanism. It really didn’t register here in Aus until a few years ago until US bulk creams /cosmetics started infiltrating here.

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          You are a smart cookie Girl for not saying too much. Cause these days one can never be too careful, as 99% of employers, & 100% of all Government/Jews investigate their employee’s or Potential **Financial-Victims** by using Facebook as their main source of easy to get info. So the more you remain silent about your possible Lawsuit,,, The Better off you will be. πŸ™‚

despy
          Participant

I am facebook free

I will find out in around 12 or so days if they are going to contest my unemployment claim. I much prefer that to lawsuit where it will drag, they are sure to have much better lawyer and I didnt make a substantial amount so alot of effort for minimal gain

Punitive is where it’s at and that is all kinds of rumpus

Much better odds battling it out in unemployment court if need be, but man I really nailed it so if they do contest they are doing so out of sheer spite as I got this and my endearing email was legendary , strategically penned to stomp the hate

See saying too much let’s just let it ride with good thoughts and plenty positive mojo

Good luck!

thedre
          Participant

@despy
          Super-Smart Girl You are desp. Facebook is The C.I.A.,,, C.S.I.S,,, The Mossa’d,,, M-I6,,, The K.G.B.,,, & Interpol’s Playground, Just To Name A Few. And That Utterly-Ugly Jew-Punk Zuckerburg had it planned all along with his lifelong Crooked-Nosed,,, Cock-Slurping buddies long before it became a reality on The Net.

thedre
      Participant

@despy
      Mark is an Excellent, Safe, and Extremely Good Driver. And unlike me with Rentals, I Go Like The Saying-Goes,,, Drive-Em Like You Stole-Em, lol. But i leave Cathy at home when i’m in one of my Ehh-Hawww Moments/Moods, and have that smirk on me face as i grab the keys. No words need be spoken as i do the same in Cuba, and have done Numerous Times in Southern Florida, as we rented Condo’s And Nice Sport Cars every Winter for the a Month Of January, when i was with my Ex, The Mother of my Youngest Boy.

What A Fluke we had one January in 1998, cause that time we drove to Port-Charlotte, and arrived at our Gated Florida Condo Community, at 3:30 A.M on January 1998. Two days later on the fifth of Jan we started to See & hear About the Ottawa Ice-Storm From Locals. So on CNN We went searching for 1/2 Jew-Truths, lol Regarding the freezing rain. Then everyday we saw it accumulating on tree branches making them all hang towards the ground. It Truly was quite a beautiful sight to see (as you can imagine) all White, and Chrystal-Clear, but with this Eyre & Deadly feel to it, that at one point made me sick to my stomach.

And that was even though we had An Automatic Diesel-Generator (i had installed in our home) so even though our house was safe, it still made me sick just thinking of all the others without power πŸ™ So for Five more long evenings (as we were out on outings everyday) we watched this Shit, and were we were completely glued to CNN in the condo for all of the incredible video’s that were surfacing showing most of of Ottawa, or 95% of it a complete and utter mess, and devastation, which was something that was overwhelming to see, and that i will never forget.

So we were away for the whole entire Ice-Storm, & the subsequent clean-up. But as we drove back home and to Ottawa,,,, Desp we saw This Sight Man, that Was Truly Incredible, and that i would Not Ever Have Believe-It if i hadn’t I Saw-It Myself, and with my Very Own 2 Eyes. And That Was This Beautiful Convoy Of Between 350 to 400 American Hydro-Trucks That were all Driving/Heading South, and back home To The U.S. And Their Respective States, After helping save many lives in Canada, with some people not having heat, and electricity for 10 to 20 days
      in Sub-Zero Temperatures. But for like 200 miles Desp,,, That was all we saw man, was these Hydro Trucks,,, after Hydro Trucks,,, for Many, Many Hours, and until we crossed the border at The Thousand Islands Border Crossing.

Driving South & back home to the U.S. they Included but were not limited to as i’m sure that i forgot a few States,,, Maine hydro, New-York State Hydro Pennsylvanian Hydro, And even as far South as Virginia Hydro, All came down to help us Canadians in Eastern Ontario Western Quebec, as this was A Record-Breaking 100 Year Storm, This 1998 Ice Storm.

We were, (and still are today) so grateful for the help we received from The Many American-Hydro Workers, that nobody will ever forget. I Mean from what i heard back home was that the American Utility Companies had most of our power outages restored within a couple of days after these huge, Convoys of 75 to 100 of them at a time that just kept coming-in from all borders in Ontario/New-Brunswick & Nova-Scotia for our much needed help and rescue. Which they Responded and Assisted us quickly, & Efficiently/Effectively While doing-so with some no sleep for 2 days in the Most Professional Manner. πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.