Medical Gore.

Best Gore Forums More Gore Gore Pictures Medical Gore.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Am0ur
      Participant

I’ll be posting various medical conditions which cause all the nasty and great gore we see in the medical field, aside from traffic accidents,attempted suicide, and such things. I post a brief explanation of each condition along with some pictures of what each condition does. I’ll answer and and all questions on these as fast as I’m able since I work most of the time. I hope my fellow BG medical staff will join me in this endeavor 😉

Am0ur
      Participant

NecrotizingFlesh in hand destroyed by Necrotizing Fasciitis Fasciitis: Known as the ” flesh eating bacteria” Is a rare infection caused by group A Streptococcus (GAS) bacteria, the same type that causes Strep Throat. Recent Studies are showing several other types of bacteria are smetimes associated with the disease as well. The bacteria can enter the body several ways including major injury, minor cuts, insect bites, abrasions to the skin,and following surgeries. This is a treatable condition if caught in the early stages but is fatal if not treated. Once infection with the bacteria it rapidly destroys muscle, skin, and fat tissue.
      Sources: Web MD and my own knowledge from med school
      Pictures: random sites off of google.

DarkSea
        Participant

How long do you think it takes to notice any change in skincolor or muscle/nerve pain after getting infected by flesh eating bacteria?

Am0ur
          Participant

The first symptoms usually occur within the first 24hrs such as extreme thirst from dehydration, flu like symptoms. The discoloration of the skin are apart of the more advanced symptoms that occur usually three to four days from contracting the infection these ‘purple’ rashes or spots can develop large blisters that contain a dark foul smelling liquid and at this point gangrene is also occurring. Its a very fast and vicious bacteria.

Am0ur
      Participant

Necrotizing Fasciitis

dickpiers
        Participant

um, acid? looks like acid

Am0ur
      Participant

Necrotizing Fasciitis of the Abdominal wall

ilovemygramps
        Participant

This one has always really grossed me out! And didn’t she end up dying? I just imagine the slime and smell that must’ve came with this infection 🙁

FriendlyVenomous
          Participant

Hell I couldn’t even tell if that was a man or a woman. What caused this horrible infection, anyways? A bad belly button piercing or C-section?

Aegrescit medendo
        Participant

Oh, but she’s beautiful on the inside…Wrong! Wrong!

Anonymous
        Inactive

What in the actual fuck. This one almost made me gag. I could feel it.

Anonymous
        Inactive

How do you even let something get this bad!? Holy fahhhhhk! Ughhhh I’m gonna go puke real quick.

Arab Atheist
        Participant

oh my fucuking god

REDRUM
        Participant

Amazes me how people neglect themselves to this point. That just fucking sucks. No pity at all.

Mr.mark
      Participant

If I may ask. Is this bacteria more prevalent in tropic or sub tropic regions?

Am0ur
        Participant

A few years ago it was most prevalent in the sub tropics but the numbers have been evening out between the two lately as the bacteria evolves and as even been reported in a few fresh water bodies in both of these zones.

Mr.mark
      Participant

Thanks for answering my question. I asked because about 8 or 9 years ago I treated a man who returned from the Riff valley in Africa with this type of infection but it was to far gone and he expired. How he got in this country….we may never know……you would think the CDC would have better control on these things.

Am0ur
        Participant

Any time hun 🙂 I did extensive research into such disease’s since they fascinate me. One would think that but look at how many diseases ‘slip’ through even after the condition is know take Zika as the most recent example: two months of media coverage and warnings then the first cases start to appear like pop corn.

Am0ur
        Participant

@Mr.mark If I may ask what part of his body received the initial infection and how far both inward and across the body had it spread by the time he got to you?

Mr.mark
          Participant

It started in the left leg but also had strange discoloration on the mid ax of the left chest. His general appearance look like shit. I think it may have caused some secondary problems and he had that septic look if you know what I mean. He was a really sick man.

Am0ur
          Participant

@mr-mark That’s very interesting, I’m wondering since he was already in the advanced stages if a general infection caused by the tissue death had entered his blood stream perhaps?

Anonymous
      Inactive

@amour awesome addition to the forum sugar lol see what I did there. I love to see medical gore period. Anyways thanks for the pics and explanations amour 🙂

Am0ur
        Participant

Lol thanks, me too sometimes it can be what creeps us out the most 😉

Theluvmuscle
      Spectator

Just to add my two cents. If you get a bite, even a small one, or an injury, the first signs/symptoms of this, or even a less aggressive bacteria, will be slight swelling, redness or blushing at / around the area, tenderness and area will be warm to touch.
      I got a teeny bug bite on my inner forearm and within a few hours about half my forearm was warm, red / swollen and I went to ER. Got IV antibiotics and pills to go as well. They said it’s always better to get treated these days, sooner the better. It was fasciitis…Inflammation of the skin, but necrotizing, I don’t know.
      My Uncle died of an internal infection of this stuff and it took about 2 days for it to kill him.

Am0ur
      Participant

This post will not be big in the way of gore but this is a condition that has always fascinated me. Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva known as ‘Stone Man Syndrome’ Is a rare disorder that causes soft connective tissue to basically turn into bone. This process starts generally in children under the age of 10 with a life expectency of about 40 if the disorder is caught early and managed very well. The bone growth usually will start in the neck and work it’s way downwards eventually ending at the feet. Can you imagine your tendons, ligaments, and muscles all slowly turning into bone till you can no longer walk, move your arms, or eventually even eat on your own? I could get into all the nerdy details of the disorder but I think I’ll post a few pictures and leave you to your imaginations 😉 as always I’ll be happy to answer any questions I’m able to.
      most famous 'stoneman'

young child with FOP

Portuguese Dude
        Participant

Euthanasia, really. Denying a person of that right is the absolute cruel act.

deathbyduck87
      Participant

@amour Do you watch “The Knick”? I absolutely love that show! Especially the rapid advancement of medical technology at the turn of the 20th century, yet still before the invention of antibiotics and blood transfusions. Doctors at that time in history were so creative and intelligent, not to mention that they actually had balls enough to try and help a patient live a better life.

karmen40
      Participant

@Am0ur
      im a little late in investigating the forums, but this stuff is great.
      If i had been asked what my favorite topic for a continuing forum was, “medical anomalies/gore” would definitely have been it.
      So thanks, subscribed, and im really looking forward to more of this.

Atheia
      Participant

Just my kind of gore for my curiosity 🙂

Am0ur
      Participant

The University of Kentucky school of medicine, and of course Special Operations Combat Medic (SCOM) When I was in the military.

Am0ur
      Participant

Well since I wanted to be a doctor before I went in he military I took the Doctor of Medicine course. Or were you asking what the curriculum I had to do each year consisted of?

Am0ur
      Participant

Lol I don’t know about the radiation.

Am0ur
      Participant

My orgional plan when I retired from the Army was to go back for Microbiology. But my heart just wasn’t into it at that point anymore I still love it all and keep up with all the new studies and research, thanks to the professors I had, but as a career I just don’t feel into it anymore.

Am0ur
      Participant

@LittleFoot Yep, sometimes I regret it other times I don’t.

Gnat
      Participant

@am0ur, @little-foot
      OK…
      I want a ‘nurse-off’, NOW!

I want both of you in your sexiest nurse uniforms in your avi, Pronto!

I’ll allow lingerie.

What?

Am0ur
      Participant

@gnat Haha!!! Only if nextie joins!!;)

Gnat
      Participant

Oh, you’re damn right!

@yournextexgirlfriendxo
      , drop trou. 😉 😈

Gnat
      Participant

I’ll go first.

This HAS to be medical gore, somehow…

Am0ur
      Participant

lol!!!! My turn, try not to get to excited now!!just a joke

illegalsmile55
      Participant

@gnat, does @fighting ignorance know you posted a pic of him? LMAO now we know why he doesn’t have to work!

illegalsmile55
      Participant

On second look, he looks more like Peter Griffin

Am0ur
      Participant

@nextie It would be an interesting case study though, this bacteria is an odd strand to begin with since it ‘loves’ and thrives in salt water more so than fresh. If a person is going to contract it they are over 95% more likely to contact it in the ocean than a freshwater lake. Nearly all cases in the US are concentrated in the gulf and naturally highest during tourist season, late summer to early fall. It does make me curious to know how lab samples would react to direct exposure to different levels of radiation if at all.

ilovemygramps
      Participant

From what I know about radiation it inactivates certain cells preventing them from reproducing so it would seem to me that it’s possible that it could work. I’ve heard of irradiated meat in order to retard bacterial growth. My daughter had low level radiation treatments for her morphea (a skin disease) which did seem to help.

ilovemygramps
      Participant

@Am0ur
      I found this study to be interesting:

Ultraviolet Radiation in Wound Care: Sterilization and Stimulation.
      By:
      Asheesh Gupta, Pinar Avci, […], and Michael R. Hamblin

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.