Men who demand fair working conditions are not weak

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Gender Studies Men who demand fair working conditions are not weak

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      itsplaster
      Participant

After the recent post showing men in various male-dominated jobs and the proudly (?) proclaimed statement that they don’t demand equality, I thought I’d say that’s nothing to be proud of.

I joined the Teamsters Union over 2 years ago and for the most part, the Union is made up of men. The Teamsters represent a vast number of general labor, blue collar jobs. For me, it’s distribution. Covered under that umbrella is trucking. Most of you know that long-haul (OTR) trucking is a male-dominated industry. It’s also very dangerous.

Some of the things that the Union does to protect it’s members is calling out cooperations who nudge their drivers to falsify their driving logs – simply put, they quietly encourage their drivers to drive 15 hour hauls but only log 8 hour hauls. They know their driver is in grave danger of falling asleep while driving but if the delivery is made quicker; the company makes more money. A driver can talk confidentially to a Union rep and a company can be investigated.

My question is pretty simple. Does that make a man weak? In my opinion, it absolutely does not. I don’t see a reason to give guys a pat on the back for NOT standing their ground. This whole gender war is fucking everybody over. When you spread messages that a man is better for just taking shit, you are not standing up for the health and welfare of men as a whole. For an alleged feminist, I get pretty aggravated when I see men being treated unfairly. I hope men who are busting their asses do make demands and complaints when they are called for. It’s not weak. It’s actually pretty smart.

itsplaster
      Participant

*crickets, crickets* I know. Real issues are pretty boring right? The day I find a group who care more about men’s issues rather than just disliking women, then I’ll be very surprised. No sarcasm intended.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.