My Book Series: Killing For Content

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else My Book Series: Killing For Content

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      King Malice
      Participant

The first chapter of my book series titled Killing For Content is up on Amazon now and if you have Kindle Unlimited you can see it free, otherwise it’s only $1.29. If anyone checks it out I’d appreciate any feedback on it. I believe it’s not more than 20 pages and the next part comes out in 3 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YSV2Y7T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_RNpNDbY571B0N

Sounds good. I will try and give it a look if Amazon doesn’t make me go through too many hoops. I get angry if ecommerce makes me do that but well done with your coming off addiction. It is always great hearing some positive stories to give heart to those still struggling.

King Malice
      Participant

Thanks! It definitely wasn’t easy. The first legit attempt left me in severe withdrawal for a little over 6 months and I finally started taking pills again but only for several weeks while I waited for an appointment with an opiate replacement program doctor and since then I haven’t touched Em or had any desire to.

I like your book cover. Don’t be surprised if I ask to pick your brains about how to publish a book of my own .lol

illegalsmile55
          Participant

I’d tell you to go volunteer at the soup kitchen, but you might have a problem knowing which end of the ladle to use. 😛 Nevermind….I’m thinking of someone else. I’m very distracted today.

You are so right and I’m spoiled as others do the cooking.

thedre
          Participant

Uhhh Thanks,, @Illegalsmile55 that was so kind of you. But at least i show-up, and try, lol eh? 😉

illegalsmile55
          Participant

But Andre…we’re just joking around. You know, like you do. Isn’t joking around fun?! I know you enjoy it so much, I’m just trying to make you laugh.

thedre
          Participant

Actually,,,you did make me laugh, and i was also playing with you. i pictured myself high as a kite after smoking a blunt, and holing the ladle upside down wondering with their is no force behind my stirring the pot (not sure if pun was intended), damn first joint in Da-Moning, lol. 😉

I also laughed when i Put the bottom tag-on, lol, as i know then that i would get a reply, even if you would maybe be a little pissed, lol. 😉

despy
      Participant

I am going to buy your book and read it right now!

I hope it does not suck!

despy
        Participant

UPDATE:

I read it. and quite frankly it’s a hard read.
        I don’t mean to seem overly critical but we learn more through criticism than praise, no?

it reads more like a blog than a narrative or story. I don’t want your story told to me, I want to live it
        you semi-set the scene but then you are all over the place . lacks definition of time,space and zero character development

you get intriguingly descriptive on nonsensical bullshit while glazing over areas that could create some pretty intense kick-ass drama. but I don’t really know where you are going with any of this and I think that is my issue, but I certainly applaud you for trying and definitely keep at it as maybe one day I could write a sequel.. story of newly acclaimed best-selling author withdrawing his first royalty check ,at the ATM, snuffed out by no other than TommyPranx grampa (da dum)

despy
      Participant

where is part 2!?

I went through alot of rumpus to read this (i.e. signing up for Kindle)
      ..daunting

my free trial expires in a few days. let’s go!™

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.