New Media/Video Player Not Working Properly

Best Gore Forums Best Gore Website Website Support New Media/Video Player Not Working Properly

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      BunkerMentality
      Participant

When the new media player was introduced on BG, I noticed that the small circle at the bottom of the screen that should move from left to right along the line as the playback progresses didn’t move. It just stayed on the left hand side all the way through. However, the player uploaded and worked perfectly.

Now, it’s got worse and when I click on the ‘play’ arrow, the screen goes blank. Also the upload line (grey line I think, but I’m colour blind) doesn’t come on or go from left to right as it should.

I can coax the player into uploading by clicking on the line at the bottom and trying to drag the small circle along the line one way or the other. This eventually gets the upload line to go from left to right, and the ‘play’ arrow will then make the video play as it should if I click on it. Right faff though and can take quite a few attempts to get the play started. Anyone else get this problem?

I’m using Internet Explorer 11, version 11.0.9600.18792 and in The UK, if that helps.

Outsider
      Participant

Yeah, same problem here- I have not been able to watch any videos since Mark put the one up about the Hurricane (the ones from inside his house with the sandals lol), and those wouldn’t play for me either. I have no trouble watching the older ones, though. I keep thinking maybe it’ll fix itself, or it’s a temporary glitch, but nope. Nice to know I’m not the only one. (and no, not from Belgium here, lol) Anybody have any suggestions? I miss the blood and guts!

miss doe
      Participant

Same problem with Mac. On the cellphone no problem. Help please!
      I want to enjoy the gore on a wide screen!!!

miss doe
      Participant

Thanks to BunkerMentality…that little trick with the slider work perfectly fine!
      Big thanks…you saved my day!

BunkerMentality
      Participant

Thanks for your replies. Some comfort to know that it’s not my equipment. Glad my work around helped you, miss doe. Clicking on the small circle at the bottom of the screen and dragging it along the line a bit seems to prompt the player into uploading, then it’s OK from them. Takes a bit of fiddling sometimes though.

And as Outsider says, it started getting worse very recently, about the time of the hurricane. But obviously Mark has bigger problems on his hands at the moment.

Trailer
      Participant

I can’t turn the video player off mute. It’s been like that 2 or 3 days now

Outsider
      Participant

I never said thanks for that little suggestion about moving that slider button, btw- I got to watch almost a whole week’s worth of vids all at once, yay! So thanks.

BunkerMentality
      Participant

You’re welcome, Outsider.

Looks like we’ve gone back to the old video player, so no more problems for me. For now.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.