Pussy Predator

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else Pussy Predator

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      despy
      Participant

I couldn’t find the thread previously started about the predators. I read it but can’t find it. Anyhow, I really don’t know what to make of this one

despy
      Participant

lady-lexis
        Participant

Ha! Wtf is the crow’s stake in this fight? Do they have money on it?

despy
          Participant

lmao no idea! But sometimes things are just great like that 😀

illegalsmile55
          Participant

I think the crows were the managers.
          Crows are wicked smart. I rescued one that had gotten stuck in a lobster trap that was on a float in the harbor. He had gone in to grab something in “the bedroom” and couldn’t get back out. As soon as I opened the trap he flew out but was so weak or something that he landed on the water about 25 feet away and almost immediately a couple of seagulls flew in to attack him. I HATE SEAGULLS! So I cried to the captain and he ran the boat over to the crow so I could rescue him again. I got him in the boat and offered him water and part of my peanut butter sammich that he had no interest in. The whole time this is happening, another crow was flying around us and watching the whole thing and I guess it was it’s mate. That crow stayed on the boat for about 30 minutes and when we got really close to the shore he/she flew out and got to land with the other crow right behind him. I found a dead and mummified blue jay in my roommates lobster trap out in the yard one spring. He died right next to the shell of the peanut he had apparently accidentally dropped in there, had gone in to retrieve, but never got back out. Not a fan of the blue jays either…they are bully birds and chase off all the little birds who come to my feeders.

lady-lexis
          Participant

They really had it in for the tabby and white kitty, he was definitely persona non grata in their hood. Even crows aren’t going to hassle a black cat when someone’s filming. #BlackCatsMatter

despy
          Participant

I never realized what bitches Blue Jays are. I started feeding frenzy one year and they would make that mean noise and dive bomb the others. They even messed with my cardinals 🙁

Yep, Crows and Ravens have heen considered some of the smartest if not smartest of all birds. Scary smart even! Also magpies and jackdaws.

Here in Aus we have Indian mynahs; medium-sized ,yet very aggressive bully- birds brought in by the English. It has decimated our native birds and attack humans too. I hate them!

despy
          Participant

I have watched videos of crows completing amazing tests and puzzles and alot of “water displacement ” I cannot understand half of them 😀

Water displacement has to do with how much water is displaced by an object when placed in a liquid ie a ship or lobster-boat in the sea. Seacraft “size “is measured in displacement.

Were the crows maybe being tested to see if they could work out which diff shaped objects had similar VOLUMES and thus related to displacement of water ? To see how discriminating they are in picking objects to get a treat?

despy
      Participant
      despy
      Participant

@hopingfornemesis

This is what I saw. No idea what it is doing. Perhaps I could learn from it

Just very quickly,the crow is so smart it knows that if it drops a stone in water ,the water will be displaced so the water- being enclosed -will move higher in the glass ,so…the treat is within reach. It does not go to the sand cylinder because it knows that even if it drops the same- sized stone onto the sand the sand won’t be displaced ;The sand won’t move up higher to push the treat up to its reach as is when stones are dropped into the water.

It can tell that if it drops heavy stones , it pushed up the water more , so it gets the treat within reach faster . It also knows hollow things are light ,so it uses solid things -thus heavier- to get food quicker.

Very fucken smart!

despy
          Participant

Thanks! I get it now! I failed to realize it was getting treat.doh!

despy
      Participant

I watched this last night

despy
      Participant

I also remember reading this when it came out https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026

Also too there was documentary about crows recognizing people’s faces. I forgot how they proved that

I feel like jerk as I used to shoo them away. They would monopolize feeding station and I preferred look of cutie finches and woodpeckers 🙁
      But the pigeons ruined it for everyone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.