Scarification

Best Gore Forums More Gore Self Inflicted Injuries Scarification

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Luke
      Participant

Just thought id share my experience of scarification. There was no other reason to this other than adding a new dimension to my horror themed tattoo sleeve.
      First off, i fucking loved it. The cutting, peeling, aftercare and the end product.
      scarification
      The slicing and peeling took around 45 minutes to do, for those unaware it is a design from the movie ‘the exorcist’
      Although it wasnt particularly painful, it made me feel kinda drunk…like id had around 7 pints of lager.
      It was really difficult to get a true answer from any body mod speciallists on the aftercare, all contradicting one another. The general jist being to prolong the healing time of the peeled area, to do this i soaked in water daily for 20 minutes, took a tooth brush to the soaked scabby areas and then finally *my favourite bit* would take some coarse sea salt and rub it in to get to those difficult to reach areas, the healing procedure took around 8 weeks. Sorry for the ramble, im sure there is someone on here that might be remotely interested!

Luke
      Participant
      Bloodletting000
      Participant

The help me pic is the scarification?

Luke
        Participant

It is, ive had some branding done too with a bit of scarification in.

ExMrsSmith
      Participant

Thats so cool. Ive always been intrigued by scarification. Although ive always been too much of a pussy to even contemplate getting anything like that done. I love the feeling of tattoos though, is it in anyway the same?

Luke
        Participant

Its not far off to be honest, i had it on supposedly one of the lesser painful areas (top of my forearm) i really enjoyed the whole experience. Ill find pictures of my branding, that was pretty cool too. Similar pain levels plus the stench of burning flesh.

Luke
        Participant

here are a few pictures of my branding / scarification combo. (Hppe this works) http://imgur.com/a/OVEHK

Luke
      Participant
        ExMrsSmith
        Participant

Wow that looks awesome. Reminds me of the blair witch project.

Luke
          Participant

Yup thats what its from. i also have leatherface, captain howdy, captain spaulding, pennywise, jack torrance (the shining) and alessa from silent hill tattoos, just thought id add another dimension with the scarring. Dont be afraid of it atall, it was quite comforting!

ExMrsSmith
          Participant

Very cool. I think a themed tattoo collection is a good thing. Comforting? They dont use anesthesia do they? So basically theyre just carving into your skin?

Luke
          Participant

Nope, no anesthestics or numbing creams, just went in balls deep! If youre considering it, just do it man it really isnt as bad you think!

ExMrsSmith
          Participant

I think ill just enjoy other peoples work. Haha

MissMorbid
        Participant

This one looks infected 😖

Luke
          Participant

The third image looks to be, it wasnt though. You gotta remember that was literally done using a soldering iron, its just trauma. I dont know how the body works but it lumped out too.

Bloodletting000
      Participant
        Luke
        Participant

Theyre the same pictures that sold it to me funnily enough. Mine hasnt become a keloid unfortunatley so i think im going to have it rescraped. The next time i have it is going to be a tattoo colab, freddy krugers hand on my shoulder with scarification on my back to look like hes caught me.

Bloodletting000
          Participant

Sounds cool. I got all my scars covered by tattoos. Mine weren’t meant to be art

Luke
          Participant

It did cross my mind what a self harmer would think of scarification, after having it done professionally i can see why people do it. Made me feel all kinda fuzzy inside, strange feeling.

Bloodletting000
          Participant

For me, self harm was my outlet, something for me to control. I don’t want people to know so I’m embarrassed by my scars but tattoos give me the same “high” as SI. I assume scarification does too. The human body has its own drug available and when you feel so much pain inside, those endorphins help relieve it. Scarification doesn’t appeal to me really because of my issues with cutting and stuff but I can definitely understand it, like any other body mod. I just don’t typically SI for like the fun of it, like getting a tattoo.

ExMrsSmith
          Participant

I know some tattooists are reluctant to tattoo over scars. It depends on the depth and age of the scar. Only cuz scar tissue is weaker and it can affect the healing time and outcome of the tattoo. I’m glad you managed to cover yours seeing as you dont like them.

Bloodletting000
          Participant

Yeah my artist was really excited about it. They were flatter so it was easier

FoxTailedCritter
      Participant

I’m really digging your scarifications.

I want to get one done and the guy whom Split my tongue and branded me Also does scarification but I can’t think of anything I specifically want right now. Looks really awesome dude and I can’t wait to get one too.

Cruz Santistevan
      Participant

My Satan disciple pitchfork brand

elfredo666
      Participant

Btw how much longer does peeling take vs just slicing?

MrKhazar
      Participant

Looks fucking cool dude. Can we make requests for scar designs?

Luke
      Participant

Hey sorry guys, ive neglected BG for a while. The cutting is a really quick process, they use medical grade scalples. The peeling itself was fucking amazing, i really wish i could have more. It is literally, peeling the skin back using a pair of plier-like tools and skimming the underside with his scalple.
      Glad to see so many interested in my shit

Justchillin12
      Participant

I’m very interested. I never thought of doing this sort of thing. Currently I’m exploring all different methods of selfharm. Right now I’m on self stitching so that’s fun. But this is new. Thanks so much for sharing!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.