Statism: The Most Dangerous Religion

Best Gore Forums Societally Relevant Politics Statism: The Most Dangerous Religion

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  MasterPlan 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Vincit Omnia Veritas
    Keymaster
    Goints: 2,751

Made during the Obama reign. I wonder is statists among us will see themselves in this.

lYUNGHITLERl
    Participant
    Goints: 1,166

Larkin rose?

Vincit Omnia Veritas
      Keymaster

I love that guy.

lYUNGHITLERl
        Participant

Likewise….. Posted this same video a few months back.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
        Keymaster

Oopse, sorry. Great video. Haven’t noticed it’s been posted. Thanks for spreading the information.

Just_Another_Guy
      Participant
      Goints: 250

Our true independence is our minds.

Seraphim Serenata
    Participant
    Goints: 2,056

It’s time to WAKE UP people and take the red pill!;

Kaneki
    Participant
    Goints: 56

Very True!!

MasterPlan
    Participant
    Goints: 2,131

Interesting video, I happen to agree and disagree. We are all kids, very flawed individuals, some worse than others and, in my humble opinion, we need rules and law. In current times, with fast development of automation, we need a welfare state. People should benefit from working, but should not HAVE to work to survive. We need roads and hospital so we need to pay taxes, and we definitely need a strong police force. Parents are fucking awful so I want really good schools. The problems I have with government are mentioned in the video, PEOPLE. The laws are fucking retarded and people are not only prone to abuse power, those positions (police, politicians, etc) attract the worst among us. We need accountability for these people instead of immunity and we need sensible laws. Government institutions may have became private clubs but I don’t agree in getting rid of government, I say fix the problem. Walking may be faster than a broken car, I say fix the car, but indeed I have no solution to our problems since I don’t know how to fix people. People are just awful, I think we are fucked for many years to come.
    Parking tickets are more punitive than theft, weed is still a crime and yes… cops do as they wish.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
      Keymaster

Here’s Larken Rose addressing pretty much exactly what you said:

MasterPlan
        Participant

Thank you very much for your quick response Mark. I’m terrible with words but I will try respond as best as I can. I’m a philosopher at heart and a Statist, communist if you wish. Initially I tough on the matter on abstract but lets talk about Murica. It amazes me how a government who bully (wars, bribes, espionage, coup d’etats, assassinations, etc) every other country on this planet for the benefit of it citizen (yes, you’re not American) can be hated by its own people for absolutely the wrong reasons. I’m not gonna bet my left hand on it but I’m quit sure that the phone he uses as an example was made in china. US aims for free trade because wars (goverment) granted its citizens an exceptionally good economic position on this planet. The biggest difference between a phone and a road is that the road is public and that makes all difference. He constantly point at the government as “they” (club) when EVERYONE who sits at the big chairs is an American. If Murica has a corrupt government, most countries on this planet have it worse and this is no secret. As I said previously people is the problem and greed is at the core of it. I have no easy solution for the problem but the free society he points only gonna make it worse in my opinion.
        A 100 dollars for a sandwich sure sounds unfair but it reality 60 dollars of it comes from exploitative work elsewere on this fucked up planet, the bulk of the money is spent on weapons and the most important point I can bring is, charity is demeaning. Welfare “should” be a basic right in a modern society.

Empty soul
        Participant
        Goints: 2,956

I agree with Masterplan. People are the problem and greed is at the core of it.

Now. Before anybody calls me a statist. I hate the government as much as anyone else. In fact my own government forced uncontrolled immigration on us against the majority populations wishes and promotes and forces upon us neo-feminism and various gender-bender left leaning nonsense daily so to say that I am not a fan of my own government and governments in general would be a huge fucking understatement.

Anyhow. To the point. A lot of the arguments in the video are not thought out well. For example,

He says that nobody is forced to make food for anybody and uses supermarkets as an example of mutual corporation between free enterprise without considering that all the products on display are created using exploitative practices.

In Europe it is the chain-gang immigrants(slave labour) who are used to acquire the ingredients and put together the product which is then declared the property of the business owner(own brand) and sold on to the supermarkets at a huge mark-up compared to the actual cost of production. In America they use cut-price Mexican labour mostly.

He also says that he has a phone and can organise events via it. Alluding to the fact that he can create both the want and the means of need and production at the tap of a button. He says that there is no coercion going on and that nobody is forced to make phones. That it is all the result of voluntary corporation. Free trade.

Wrong. All production of phones nowadays is done via Chinese and Indian sweatshop workers(slave labour) and all the necessary components(minerals, metals etc) are mined via African chain-gang workers(again, slave labour).

The only voluntary part is that they make the choice to work such jobs rather than starve to death which I add is not much of a “free” choice.

Also. Saying that one can phone the other side of the world with ease ignores the fact that many steps exist in-between such an action such as operators, scientists, satellites, computer programmers and so forth not to mention the companies involved in bringing together such packages(Sony, O2, Samsung etc) who all have their own exploitative practices.

His main point of argument is that governments coerce via theft and violence(which is right they do) and that without them everything will be golden. Yet, take away the government and the corporations will still exist and they too coerce via theft and violence because large corporations hold the exact same kind of power and influence over people as the governments do and are therefore still statist.

He also says that we don’t have machines because of a government, we have them because of free enterprise and cooperation which is partly true because it did indeed take cooperation to build upon past deigns in order to give rise to machines however the main desire for building machines was to reduce effort and labour which was anti-cooperation in nature and pro-individualistic profit. Both for the business owners and for the people creating them.

He seems to take delight in saying “The idea that freedom can make a car but not a road is just idiotic” without realising that machines(cars) and roads require different setups. A road is a simple creation. Even the ancient Romans did them with ease. A car however requires metals and minerals so back to Africa and slave labour we go(so long freedom).

Another of his arguments is “Are you really telling me that if government disappeared people would sit around not creating anything”.

They would still create alright. However, without financial and social elevation via a hierarchical society what they would create would change drastically. John Logie Baird and Alexander Graham Bell etc would never have put in the effort if money and social elevation were not a factor.

It can therefore be argued that the intelligent/inventors would focus on the individual want per paying customer rather than rely on society at large(mass communication and supplementation).

One of his last arguments that I found to be very naive and short-sighted was that people get tricked into doing horrible things because of authority which again is wrong. They do horrible things when personal risk is averted and personal responsibility is removed.

Take African villages for example. Murder, rape, theft etc are crimes punishable by death and yet once an individual as been marked for death(and the rules no longer apply to the individual nor to those surrounding them) the rest of the villagers absolutely love getting stuck in and lynching them.

The above behaviour manifests in much the same way as the bystander effect in that one leads and the others follow out of herd instinct.

Even in current western society the above holds true. Try opposing the leftwing or rightwing extremists with opposing ideology and you will be met with similar aggression and force. It is human nature after all.

The nail that stands out gets hammered down. You know that better than anyone Mark.

Separating yourself from the herd and commanding their attention is a huge risk as risk increases danger which is why most people follow the herd because human beings are risk averse for the most part as a result of innate self-preservation mechanisms.

Anyway. To conclude.

Once you remove the governments the large corporations take its place and they’re just as bad. Remove the large corporations and you are left with the small business owners “cooperating” and “acting” in unison so as to maintain overall growth and profit against the will of the “free-enterprising public”.

Do away with that and you will be met with gangsters and low level crooks looking to organise and profit from the masses illegally.

People are the problem and greed is at the core of it indeed.

MasterPlan
        Participant

It is very very sad that most people here, when confronted with more than one paragraph, doesn’t even bother to read. Very wise words @empty-soul and thanks for your input, I could never express myself better (and probably never will, your readers are certainly luckier than mine).
        I would like to retract myself in one important point. Government doesn’t do as it does for the benefit of its citizens as I mentioned, but it does for the benefit of big corporations. And I must add, I’m a statist because I honestly believe ONLY a strong government can face them, yet I wouldn’t trust my mother to run the show. People.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”
        AL

thedre
    Participant
    Goints: 7,659
    VIP – Server Donor

I Agree 100% with you Mark, as these Neocon Jews, are a bunch of Evil Doers with their goal of turning the words populace into a bunch of Satin Worshiping Freaks. You can tell by the new laws inacted in order to spread their perverted filth to our young children, along with books in School now giving these young minds a choice in praying to satin, but outlaw the old practice of saying in prayer in Catholic Schools every morning. Sick Fucking Cunts.
    They would not get away with that shit in Russia, that’s for sure.

lYUNGHITLERl
    Participant

Statist.

itsplaster
    Participant
    Goints: 2,381
    VIP – Server Donor

“… the basic principle of statism, the principle that man’s life belongs to the state.” — Ayn Rand
    I just finished “The Fountainhead” so what a good time for this video. Ayn Rand was certainly an advocate of individualism.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  itsplaster. Reason: Edited quote

MasterPlan
      Participant

I never read her book 😛 proud of you on that!

However… I did come across lots of info regarding her in the past… If you allow me to share my very limited understanding… I hate her! …for she is very popular, and a VERY strong advocate of atheism and rationality… and so am I. It leads many people to believe that ATHEISM PHILOSOPHY = SELFISHNESS (even if it was not what she meant) and I have been all my life trying to demonstrate otherwise. It is hard to understand her philosophy alone(I guess I should read the book before I opened my mouth)… I would not take her opinion on statism seriously, as she is a defector of Russia. People always equate statism to Stalin or Mao without knowing those where very shit people who took power and abused the system. Is Murica the perfect example of Democracy? You don’t even have direct vote. 😛
      Statism: a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs. (substantial or to some degree, not total!)

“I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.”
      Aristotle

Sorry if you expect someone else to come exchange with you @itsplaster, they still can 🙂

itsplaster
        Participant
        Goints: 2,381
        VIP – Server Donor

@masterplan If you wanted to know more about her philosophical side, I’d suggest skipping her fictional work and reading her non-fiction (which I’ve not done.)
        I don’t necessarily have a staunch opinion of her. But it just happened that I read her very recently and she’s anti-statism so it seemed relevant.

MasterPlan
        Participant

It is relevant @itsplaster, and thanks for bringing it up. I’m just pointing that she is an EXTREME on the opposite direction. More like describing Capitalism according to soviet books.
        Capitalist: A system where the means of production are in the hand of few, the strong control the weak, and the masses are manipulated to believe there is such a thing a social mobility.

Again… I have read non of her work and I wasn’t being sarcastic when I congratulate you for doing so. 🙂

Lord Wankdust
      Participant
      Goints: 999

Only in that she took everything she could from Society, profited from it…. then decided that she didn’t want to have to contribute back what she had been given. Especially to what she saw as the undeserving poor. You know, the minimum wage slaves who keep her “individualist”, “elitist” and “capitalist” society actually working.
      I have no problem with being an individualist but it cannot really be reconciled with how Society is currently run and manipulated by the Powers that be. It is a long way to Walden Pond.

MasterPlan
        Participant

Deathdew
        Participant
        Goints: 755

That answer from “pat” (Saturday night live character) did not care for it… At all. Would love to see roles reversed… “Gee sorry i can’t help you, have to sail with my family on my yacht for the next year, going to be a busy happy life to concern myself with the likes of poverty…”
        I see the mentally ill on my streets, ive talked to one, because he doesn’t drink or do drugs… He is unable to get housing because of his mentality. Fuck this cold civilization, can’t fucking stand people on thier pedestal telling everyone else, life isn’t fair… Yep lets just leave it at that… We all sure can benift from that…fucking cunts!

MasterPlan
        Participant

“The real difference between democracy and oligarchy is poverty and wealth. Wherever men rule by reason of their wealth, whether they be few or many, that is an oligarchy, and where the poor rule, that is a democracy.”

“Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.”

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”

Aristotle

Sphincterpiston #59535
    Participant
    Goints: 1,456

… Don’t you guys mean Statanism…?

MasterPlan
      Participant

Yes they do Mr.Sphincter, so far I’m the only one defending the devil. What are you doing here btw. Haven’t I assigned you to work in the mines till the end of your miserable life?? Good that you have your numbers on you, I will find the gulag you escaped from in no time and heads will be chopped. Not yours of course, you are an excellent miner, on vibration mode…

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested”
      F.Bacon from Civ IV 😛

Lord Wankdust
        Participant
        Goints: 999

@masterplan

There are those books which once you pick up, you cannot put down.

And then there are those books which once you put them down, you simply cannot pick back up again.

MasterPlan
        Participant

Thank you my Lord. I see you notice my quotes. I notice your tags 🙂

On clarification I can’t really claim to be a Communist. Does capitalism and Statism be compatible? In the end, all I am advocating here is that regulation is vital to protect the disadvantaged. On Ayn Randy, it goes beyond her personal wealth, she is famous giving the wealthy elite peace of mind, wile the world crumbled.

2 for you, from the guy in my profile, since you liked. 🙂

“Next in importance to freedom and justice is popular education, without which neither freedom nor justice can be permanently maintained.”

“He who controls the money supply of a nation controls the nation.”
        James A Garfield

Sphincterpiston #59535
    Participant
    Goints: 1,456

Glad to have you back Masterplan sir… MARK let’s me out to play once in a while and that gulag closed its gift shop Sooo, here I am… Yayyy!

MasterPlan
      Participant

Thanks @asskingforanal, It’s nice to read your words. Mark must have a really kind heart. His policies are certainly better than Ayn Randy despite its similar views, or I would find myself in the gulag with you, instead of here at the show.

“I don’t deal with those that disagree”
      Ayn Rand

lYUNGHITLERl
    Participant

A. Rand- Died while parasitic off the welfare she eschewed…. Irony

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  lYUNGHITLERl.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.