To my American Bestgorians..how much money would I need to live in America?

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Everything Else To my American Bestgorians..how much money would I need to live in America?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Hoping for Nemesis 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Hoping for Nemesis
    Participant
    Goints: 9,122
    VIP – Server Donor

Assumptions: I am given a residency and working permit.eg green card?

How much money will I need from salary and investments for me to live in America but not in a major or famous city. ie rural/seaside /lake America but with amenities ie cinema,supermarkets ,swimming pools,sportfields ,nightclubs ,bars etc

How much would allow me to have a two-week holiday to any other relatively nice but rural sight? Ie Cascades,Yosemite,Crater Lake ,Mexican gulf and Atlantic coast.ie include flights ,cars ,accommodation,food ,drinks ,tickets to tourist’s stuff.

The money would need to be able to provide me with a decent rented house or apartment and a decent car and allow me to may be buy a new car every seven years and not scrimp and save to maintain it and run it .

The money would need to allow me to buy a new wardrobe maybe every two years or so for going out to social events and work. Ie new suit every two /three years ,clothes of an above average dressed man not a local but not a Ponce either?

I would maybe like to go out twice a week and eat or drink away from home, and obviously enough for me to buy or grow a variety of foods such as @illegalsmile55 or @lord-wankdust may or at least approaching it.

Obviously , I am after serious thought- out replies in good faith but a few jokes thrown in are of course good too.

What if I brought along a partner? How much more would we need?

Obviously , I am not asking what you are on but I am after what Americans there think I would need to get the above? Is it doable or would I need to be a one percenter?

How much do you need to be a one percenter anyway?

MasterPlan
    Participant
    Goints: 4,227

I’m confused Nem.. you say Green-card and later 2 weeks? Maybe you should be more clear between moving and holidays. If moving… how much money one must bring, until he get a job. Or how much one must earn… to live the american dream. I would ask you if you are willing to carry a gun… and be ready to pay for every single service available free for the masses in Europe. Are you ready to have to have a car… because there is no public transportation anywhere?!

j

Hoping for Nemesis
    Participant
    VIP – Server Donor

Good points.

Ok.

One scenario. I stay for a year either always on holiday or part working ?

Second scenario :I stay for five years or more as a working resident-card holder?
    Yes. I am happy to carry a gun. When in Rome do as the Roman’s do.
    Yes. I have heard you need private health and dental or you get it from your employer? What are my options?

Yes,I would have a car as I expect to live away from the name cities and be close to second or third tier towns or cities where i would expect to drive.

Jack
    Participant
    Goints: 575

I have to go to the U.S in late May or early June. Honestly Iā€™m more concerned about U.S customs and immigration, I hear those fuckers look for any and every excuse to deny you entry.

Hoping for Nemesis
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

Australia is not really on their watchlist from what I remember. So unless they can show you have been to the Middle East too often for what they cannot see as reasonable purposes or you have an observably Moslem surname etc you should be right .

Criminal records will also be looked into but that is nothing new and has always been the case with many countries.

Of course I am not an expert and the above is just from my experience.
      You may have to give iris and fingerprints? Ie biometrics? Are you happy to give the Yanks this info when Aus ,your own country does not make you do this? Food for thought?

@jack-doe

Please tell us all about it when you get back ie without giving away important detail of course. I love hearing other peoples’ travelogues.

xunseenx
    Participant
    Goints: 636

i suppose this would depend on where you want to live in the u.s. i can’t answer in depth as i’ve always lived here, so i really have no clue on what it takes to come here from somewhere else. why in the heck would you want to live here though? especially if you live somewhere now where you’re living a nice life? interesting question though, i’m curious myself as to what it would take for someone to move here! following. šŸ™‚

Hoping for Nemesis
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

I don’t have many responsibilities any more and am now Middle Aged. So it is my second wind if you will. Lol

I have been to The US but only for business not pleasure and I have read many books all my life re American National Parks etc and have some distant relatives there as well.

So that is why I am thinking of coming over possibly for at least a year.

I could also live in France , Canada ,Italy and Spain as well but the cold winters is what scares me away from Canada. I would probably get shitty once the romantic aspect wore off. We don’t get snow here in our big cities where ninety percent of us live !

So my top choice US them France going down the list. I have lived in the UK and loved it but I have done that and want to try something else. Hahah

I hope that helps a bit.

@xunseenx

despy
    Participant
    Goints: 1,377

6USD and five kids is backdrop to every immigrant success story

Danaconda
      Participant
      Goints: 3,509

Thank God that they eat a few of the slow dumb kids on the way here or we’d really have a problem.

Hoping for Nemesis
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

How wonderful your ancestors found it so easy to get established and were welcomed with open arms.
      @despy
      @dan-a-conda

Danaconda
        Participant

@hopingfornemesis
        My ancestors thank you for the kind words. It must have been terribly frightening and difficult for them to cross an ocean and arrive in a part of the world that is strange and unknown to them.
        Thank heavens that the indigenous natives were there to provide my ancestors and all subsequent generations with free Sec. 8 teepees and free dried bison meat and fish provisions each month.
        It bothered the Native Americans that we scattered our trash all over the prairie and always parked broken down horses on cement blocks behind the wigwams, but they never said a word. They just kept paying our way.

Seriously though, I don’t feel like frustration and occasional bitter sarcasm is out of line for us here in the U.S. regarding immigration. It is an endless cycle of unskilled poor people leaving a shithole country only to mooch, pillage and refuse to assimilate when they arrive here. I’ve never been to Europe so I cannot speak to the immigration issues there, but, I’ve heard that’s it’s intolerable there as well.

It’s strange really that a persons world view is really nothing more than that persons micro-view of thier tiny little place in the world. One tends to superimpose the experiences, views and opinions that they gather through life and think that it should apply to everyone everywhere. I find myself doing that all the time without trying to see another side of a situation. But I’m an asshole.

Hoping for Nemesis
        Participant
        VIP – Server Donor

Oh but I agree with you Dan. All the western World is groaning under forced and uncontrolled immigration. If you have read my posts here you would know I am anti globalist and anti open borders. Yet I give credit where credit is due.

I was not aware that waves of Euro migrants to the US sponged off the modern nation? I thought they built it. Surely that sponging is a new phenomenon of non-Christian peoples.

As for stopping such peoples? Well you gotta vote in politicians that will do something about it. You seem to think only your Dems love unskilled migrants and open borders. Wrong ! Your party LOVES such as they are then cheap undocumented migrants that work for cheap labour and become maids,cooks and nannies in their wealthy households.Stop your party loving undocumented migrants. Do that..get the Kochs and Waltons to do that and I will say Bravo.

As for unskilled ? What has that to do with me? I am not unskilled labour. I am very qualified and highly skilled and you must have missed where I said I pay my own way.

This forum was asking about me and my circumstances not discussing general cases of uncontrolled immigration,although I do love a debate.

In addition,unwanted and sponging immigrants? Both your ancestors and mine came to our countries uninvited and as invaders. Pity the natives could not build a wall ha?
        I don’t suffer White Guilt but I do like truth.

@dan-a-conda
        Facts are facts and one can have a reasoned worldview or not. Most people find me having reasoned worldviews but you may disagree. That is fine.

Now ,do you have some concrete advice for me about realistic costs of housing ,health/dental, cars and food /entertainment outside a second or third tier town in the US?

I would really appreciate that. I could ask my business associates ,friends in the US privately but I thought I would also find out what my Fellow Best gorians have to say as well.

svarg26
    Participant
    Goints: 2,873

about 20 pesos, cucknuts.

Hoping for Nemesis
      Participant
      VIP – Server Donor

I welcome your profound thoughts as always. Thank you.
      @svarg26

Danaconda
        Participant

Hey Nems. You just got travel info and an insult in 4 words. Let’s see Travelocity top that.
        @hopingfornemesis

Edit: Look into Casper WY. Small town full of indians and horses and situated in the Grand Teton Mtn range. It’s a bit of a drive to get to Denver but if you need hookers and smack, you’ll be glad you went.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Danaconda.

Hoping for Nemesis
        Participant
        VIP – Server Donor

The hookers and the Big Tits Mtns sound good and I like giving a few smacks . As for Casper ,no thanks, that white ghostie ,Cheney your mate , is a hog for all the booze .Nothing worse that a loud-mouthed drunk in a toga. He is also a bit of a dick . Last time we went to a bar he mysteriously thought he was in a gay joint and decided to take on all cummers. Do you know how hard it was to wrench him off the youths who got in with fake id? Disgusting!

However ,I will give him a ring when I drive through to say hi on your behalf. I’m sure he will ask you for a donation to keep him in high cotton whilst you slum it with all the sweaty stinky masses.

As for Vagina, you can always count on him for a ” unique” take on things just as you could on Forrest Gump.

Danaconda
        Participant

Lol. You got Cheney jokes. How 2000’s. Anyway, devil incarnate (Cheney) not withstanding, you should research the area. Clean air, Yellowstone Nat’l Park and mountain scenery abound. Where horses are ranched and the buffalo roam.
        Going out on a limb here, but, I’m pretty sure there are no gay bars and no Cheneys.
        For what it was worth, this is my input. Perhaps you would prefer a large metropolitan area that is, btw, full of gay bars. In that case, I refer you back to the I-5 corridor. San Diego to Seattle. Full of liberal mindsets and more taco vendors than you can swing a deportation order at.
        What’s more, since I like you and consider you a cyber friend, I urge you to stay away from the Florida panhandle, Alabama, Mississippi and East Texas. They don’t take kindly to foreigners in dem parts.

Hoping for Nemesis
        Participant
        VIP – Server Donor

Thanks Dan. Jokes aside I do want to visit Wyoming and Montana as well for the vistas,Tetons ,Yellowstone etc.

Yes the Pacific States are a better fit for me as you say but I have no probs fitting in with dyed-in-the wool conservatives either. It is all about respectfully agreeing to disagree. It must be my famed “overly friendly demeanour” haha. If i do decide to go to those se states I will probably take you with me to break the ice and maybe a few heads!

Taco vendors? Yuk. I hate tacos and mexican bean dishes although I like chili con carne.etc

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.