despy
      Participant

New game! Select your favorite and then I will tell you your pirate name

https://www.demilked.com/meanwhile-in-countries-funny/

illegalsmile55
      Participant
      despy
      Participant

I spent half hour trying to find funny Michigan sign and I found plenty but none said Michigan on it like yours says maine!and lots of Detroit but has to be state
      (bitch)

πŸ™

despy
      Participant

Oh I did find this πŸ˜€

despy
      Participant

And this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay,_Michigan

But not same πŸ™

despy
      Participant

UPDATE

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

Scotland’s town of Dull is small and near Aberfeldy. It’s twinned with Boring in Oregon! Dull and Boring created the “League of Extraordinary Communities”. They were recently joined by Bland in New South Wales (that’s in Australia you Murikans) to form the “Trinity Towns of Tedium”.
      Dull Town
      Boring Town

Bland School Sign

despy
        Participant

Awesome share I LOVE this! It makes me love internet and my beloved BG. How would I have ever learned this? What a neat tidbit! and how witty the Bland is far from Dull and Boring. I am no where near Oregon but I would take picture by sign

“Trinity Towns of Tedium” = awesome!

Thank You @lord-wankdust!

And Wales is in Australia? That is where Prince Charles goes?

This has been a funny forum.
          Desp and others ,look at Lord Wankdust’s second map of Aust . See Geelong. Get it …Gee-long . Second biggest city in the state I live in ,second only to Melbourne.

Also ,if Lord has not explained it yet , AUS is still in the Commonwealth .

Proving how zioamericano-centric Jewgle, is I still can’t find a nice clear pic of the roadsigns for another funny AUS town called …Howlong. This town being in NSW. I restricted the search to only on aus, only had howlong and new south wales as the search terms , and it still gave me every Fucken town in Murica that wasn’t even called Howlong!

https://www.aussietowns.com.au/town/howlong-nsw

despy
          Participant

You do not have google.au ? Seems that could be a thing

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

@desp Now this is where you Murikans have to PAY ATTENTION. Or one day you will invade the wronmg country. That might already have happened…

This is a map of the (dis-) United Kingdom(s). Wales is the Purple country stuck onto the West side of stinky England. Scotland is the great yellowy bit at the top. Out of interest I am mid-way between Ayr & Galashiels on the map.

The UK.

New South Wales is a Province in South East Australia, it is yellow on this map and its capital city is Sydney. (hence the map of Australia in the Bland photo). Bland in New South Wales, Australia is about as far away as it is possible to get from Dull in Scotland or Boring in Oregon.

Prince Charles doesn’t go to Australia.

Australia

Prince Charles was crowned “Prince of Wales” back in the July 1969 at Carnaefon Castle in Wales (the Purple country stuck onto the West side of stinky England). He isn’t popular there. He doesn’t speak Welsh and has nothing to do with Wales… it was just his Mum Queen Elizabeth fannying around.

I hope this helps clarify. A world Atlas might help you.

Dear lord…

despy
        Participant

@lord-wankdust

Thank you very much! It didn’t make sense he would go to Australia as that is not in the Commonwealth πŸ˜€

I like your maps. It even looks like you dumbed them down a bit. Not so busy. Reminds me of Risk. Do you have that game there? The game of world domination?

Where is @1purple8 on here?

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

@desp No despy. I didn’t dumb them down a bit. Those are actual maps. They aren’t that complicated. Things only start getting complicated when Murikans start using maps as blue-prints for invasions and world domination!
          They are really just aerial views of countries showing their borders, main towns, cities, rivers and mountains.
          Political Maps show borders, Capital Cities, Municipalities etc.
          Physical Maps show Rivers, Mountains, Coastlines, Elevations etc.

It is mostly Political Maps that America has problems with. A good example at the moment is the South Chine Sea. (Hint America… the clue is in the word “China”… it belongs to the Chinese!) Amerika plays Risk and World Domination all the time! Yes… we have heard of it!

despy
          Participant

I think I just got map slapped πŸ™‚

Risk is a wonderful game. Good days.

@1purple8 ‘s whereabouts? Well from what he TELLS us :

Lord’s first map. Grey-coloured area to the West of Wales , “Republic of Ireland”

He doesn’t talk nor love me anymore…

P.S.
          AUS has many more hilarious town-names and I will put them up as I remember them.

despy
          Participant

Republic of Ireland is indeed gray area, no names!

@1purple8
          must be getting laid or something or playing game of Risk πŸ˜€

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

@desp “Republic of Ireland is indeed gray area, no names!”

It is a very green area which I love to visit and has plenty of place names. But that map is certainly not the place for them. It would cease to be a proper Political Map of the UK if it showed place names in the Republic of Ireland! Duh!

Customer “Could I have a banana please?”
          Shopkeeper “Certainly here you go.”
          Customer “This is a turd you have given me!”

Well of course it has no city/town names in the grey area! The map is a map of the United Kingdom! The Republic of Ireland is not a part of the United Kingdom! Geography Map Skills 101! A map of the United Kingdom would be wrong to show details which are not part of the stated map. It will show the border and the country on the other side.

Here is a map of Canada to demonstrate what a Political Map is. Please note the names of the land masses, states and territories which border Canada are named as are the countries which govern those land masses (eg. Greenland is governed by Denmark). There are no place names of town or cities in the grey areas! That would be wrong! Many people are completely unable to read a map or understand what it is actually showing.

Canada Map

The primary existential idea of a country is a land mass or territory which has recognised (sometimes challenged) borders. Many feel the first duty of a Government of a Country is to defend its borders and people.

despy
          Participant

If what you are saying is true. Ireland is not part of the UK?

🏃‍♀️

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

@desp “If what you are saying is true. Ireland is not part of the UK?”

Six of the Northernmost counties (the counties of Down, Fermanagh, Derry, Armagh, Antrim and Tyrone) of the Irish Province of Ulster are part of the UK. The rest of Ulster, and the other three provinces (Connacht, Leinster and Munster) form the Republic of Ireland. It gained its full independence from the British State in 1922.

Well you might run lassie!

despy
          Participant

Grrrr it is so complicated over there! Here we have America and United States. Same place

Over there it is like UK, England and Great Britain and something tells me they are all different oh and then toss in “commonwealth”

Then you have Northern Ireland with names but Republic of Ireland just gray?

πŸ™„

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

@desp Australia was part of the Commonwealth when Charles was crowned “Prince of Wales” in 1969. Australia is an Independent country – but is still part of the British Commonwealth. Figure that one out..
          Remember though… “Great Britain” hasn’t existed for over 300 years since the Union of the Thistle and the Crown in 1707. The UK then developed into the “United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland” which was created by the Act of Union of 1800.
          The formation of the Irish Free State in 1922 meant another change and the UK became the “United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland” where we now are.

despy
          Participant

🧘‍♀️

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

When I posted the “Dull & Boring” photos and story onto this thread on August 10th I was still recovering from “Dull & Boring Day” which is celebrated on August 9th each year. I always get recklessly drunk. People send each other postcards with nothing on them and no message. I had a ten minute phone call with a friend during which we discussed chair construction and the best way to store seed potatoes in Winter. I dictated a recipe for Leek Soup to him. He hung up halfway through and then phoned back to apologise for being rude. I started snoring down the phone at him. We finished up the phone call about three quarters of the way through him taking a shit.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140810024043/http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/perth-kinross/bland-hopes-to-join-dull-and-boring-1.98554

I always play this record on “Dull & Boring Day”. Both sides. All day long. Great album. Cherish my copy.

despy
        Participant

Oh my gosh how weird I totally missed this post and I seemed to have channeled it with Garden Club and Reagan reference. I looked at date this was yesterday!

I will listen to record for sure. I have airconditioner blasting, cant hear. It is 90 out right now (30 for you?) and I just ate soup

I really like bland celebration πŸ™‚

despy
          Participant

Playing blanks πŸ™

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

“The Wit & Wisdom of Ronald Reagan” was a vinyl lp released by Stiff Records. It had four tracks per side. They are all silent. It was an ironic comment on the “Wit & Wisdom of Ronald Reagan”. ie. His wit and wisdom amounted to ten minutes of silence.

Many Murikans just don’t get irony.

Kinda ironic dontcha think?

despy
          Participant

LOL! What a dick! πŸ™‚

We also have an IRAAK ,VIC and a BAGDAD, TAS ; both older English spellings for the modern Iraq and Baghdad of the modern era. Having been through both these little towns I can tell you they are both beautiful in their own way;Iraak smelled of orange blossom for miles and miles in the sunset.

despy
      Participant

Lord Wankdust
      Participant
      Lord Wankdust
      Participant

Titty Ho

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

Cum Lake

Slack

Hardon

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

Cum Lake

Bell End

Twatt

despy
      Participant

Hahaha. Killer names.

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

muff

lady-lexis
        Participant

@lord-wankdust I was down in Bundoran a few weekends ago with the fam and talk turned to the town of Muff for some reason, probably just because we were in Donegal! We ended up debating the existence of the Annual Muff Diving Competition which we’d all heard about at some stage. Sadly, it does seem to be an urban legend (we certainly couldn’t find anything about it). There is a Muff Diving Club website it seems to just an excuse to sell merchandise with ‘Muff Diving Club’ on it. Fair play!

We did find this though and I thought about you at the time but forgot about it until now. If anyone will appreciate it….

NINTCHDBPICT000505113398

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by lady-lexis.
        • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by lady-lexis.
          Lord Wankdust
          Participant

@lady-lexis I am glad to hear that you thought about me when you saw “The Fishy Muff Takeaway”. I gladly take some reassurance from that.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.