Tunes

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Music Tunes

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      illegalsmile55
      Participant

Post something you’ve listened to recently, like in the last few days.

Muja Mi Rona
      Participant

Analogous.

This had me buzzin earlier.

illegalsmile55
        Participant

I can see why. I was jiving and shucking while listening to it. Retro! I like it. Never heard of her, nice to hear new/old stuff. Who turned you on to her?

@1purple8

Muja Mi Rona
          Participant

It’s the only track I know by her. Found on a record in the charity shop. A lucky dip. Gold.

despy
      Participant

😛

Luvved despy’s and Stephania’s songs best. Hahaha

illegalsmile55
        Participant

oh yeah?? lol

I know I’ve posted this before but I can’t quit thinking about John. This is how he looked when I was first turned on to him circa 1980. I love this song and can remember the first time hearing it…I died laughing at the lyrics…what a funny guy with a unique view on life.
        “Well they don’t know how lucky they are
        They could’ve ran into that tree
        Got struck by a bolt of lightening
        And raped by a minority”

thedre
      Participant

@Thanks for this cool Forum-Page, as you know that i love music. Also,, it is a great way for everyone to give their minds a break from all the shit going-on right now that’s enough to drive some people nuts.

So I Heard this song while on my way back from the pharmacy the other day, and i see this Cool Forum-Page upon my return. After having-it locked-in to my noggin for 2 days now, and it playing over, and over in it, i just had to upload-it. Please have a listen until The End as it is an incredibly well thought-of, and written song that is a beautiful one if you read the lyrics.

So Enjoy Guys/Gals. 🙂
      Love Ya’s 🙁

thedre
      Participant

Now here is yet another song that actually Drive Cathy Crazy, cause i sing-it all the time, and have done-so since discovering The Beatles As A Young Teenager between 1979 and up to the mid eighties. I Still sing-it now & today 😉
      So Again Enjoy!

Cause I Am After all The Fool But On Ottawa’s Parliament Hill Instead. 😉

thedre
      Participant

And here is one that was playing in our S.U.V. This morning on my way to Costco.

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

I found this track on a cassette tape I recorded from WBCN “The Rock of Boston” back in Summer of 1987. I stuck the tape on my deck the other day and it played perfectly after 33 years. I always loved hearing the track driving up route 3A past the lighthouse at Scituate and on through Cohasset and Quincy. I remember thinking back then that Mason Ruffner sounded like a white-guy-does-Hendrix kinda thing. It was produced by Dave Edmunds which means it can never be bad.

thedre
        Participant

@LordWandust
        Good find brother as He/They were fucking awesome. 🙂

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

Which kinda brought me to this favourite song from Doll by Doll. From their “Gypsy Blood” lp. No-one was making music like “Highland Rain” in Britain in 1978 or 1979. There was nothing like them.

thedre
        Participant

@LordWankdust
        Another great find. Themselves,,, like Uriah Heap, were both legends in their own time, cause there style of music man,,, it sounded like nothing that i had ever “ever remotely” ever heard of before, and it sounded like no others. 🙂

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

@illegalsmile55 I thought you might like this… My old pal over on the West Coast of Scotland was reminding me of a great day out we had 30 years ago back in June 1990 in Glasgow. It was called “The Big Day” and the city was transformed with four BIG FREE venues being set up in the open air for dozens of really quite acceptable bands to perform on.
      One we wandered down to was an semi-acousticky stage on the Clyde. Hugh Reid and The Velvet Underpants blew the River Detectives (or was it the Wild River Apples?) off the stage by driving a lorry loaded with amps up next to their acoustic performance and blowing them away.
      Then Michael Stipe and Natalie Merchant played this song with the Braggster. “Hello In There” by John Prine. Me and my pal are in the audience somewhere!

Hey ***Dre**** … I have just RealiseD that this isn’t a John Prine song at all. It is a DaviD BowiE ***song*** which he wrote with Iggy Pop for the film “Die Harder One”. Which was made by )))Quentin Taratino((( and starred Arnold Swartzernegro, Lucille Ball and May West. It was released in Black & White and won an Oscar for the best dressed lady-in-a-film that year in 1944.

illegalsmile55
        Participant

I’m watching and thinking how young they look and then remembered I looked pretty young then too..
        I only became acquainted with Billy B from his association in the mid ’90’s with Wilco.
        I love her voice but I think she may be super crazy.
        I bet it was fun, just about every show has been cancelled here for the foreseeable future.

I imagine John would find the last paragraph of your comment really witty and could write an amusing song with that storyline. Yep, he would like that.

@lord-wankdust

I’m listening to Derek and the Dominos right now.

Lord Wankdust
          Participant

Yes – they are sooo young! I saw a photo of me back then too. So young. I look like my Dad now. Which I suppose isn’t too bad a thing. A bit like the young me. But older.

Jack
      Participant

Was going down a wormhole on YouTube the other night and ran into this…

I listened to it again today… lol. Too much weed and way too much spare time. I need to find better shit to do when bored.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.