What are some of your favorite artists/bands? I need new music

Best Gore Forums Chill Out Zone Music What are some of your favorite artists/bands? I need new music

Tagged: 

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • Author
      Paulina
      Participant

I mostly love all music. Except country. Can’t stand that shit

iCthulhu
      Participant

Some of my favorites:

The smashing pumpkins,saliva,bad religion,DIO,The offspring,jimi hendrix,switchblade symphony,nirvana,depeche mode,shinedown,guns n’ roses,The Crumbs,The Exploited,Mazzy Star,Alice Cooper,

StonedRocks
      Participant

You havnt heard the right country haha

Aegrescit medendo
      Participant

Время и Стекло, Нюша, Дидзьо, Iowa music band, Слот, Нуки, Туфли Гну.

Время и Стекло finally got their big break with this one this last year.

Muja Mi Rona
        Participant

Привет, I fucking love that song!

laurenann7094
      Participant

laurenann7094
      Participant

Oooh new amorphis – if you like Finnish metal.

Dixie Normus
      Participant

Bongripper- Satan worshipping doom
      The black- priest of Satan
      Moonblood- winter falls over the land just to name a couple

illegalsmile55
      Participant

Right now I’m listening to:
      Wilco-yankee hotel foxtrot,
      Guster-Guster on Ice
      Keb’ Mo’-Just like you
      Lucinda Williams-Car Wheels on a Gravel Rd.
      John Hiatt-Little Head

Zo Malone
      Participant

It bothers the hell out of me when chicks say “I listen to anything but country.” Girl, you need to listen to some real music. As for what I’m listening to:

literally anything from the mixtape August 26 – Post Malone
      2 Phones – Kevin Gates
      Ophelia – The Lumineers
      The Less I Know The Better – Tame Impala
      On second thought, anything by Tame Impala.
      Summon You – Spoon

StonedRocks
        Participant

I got two phoonnees

Zo Malone
          Participant

one for the pluuug and one for the load

Paulina
        Participant

I’ve listened to country and I just genuinely didn’t like it. Not into it lmao.

Stuck in the Sound, Pogo, Porter Robinson, Studio Killers, Madeon, Flume etc.

Gato Barbieri makes wonderfull chilling music with his saxophone, to me he is one the greates artist in the world. and i say Artist… not some idiot making metal sounds or fucking throwing up in the mic while fucking a goat skull and shit

or at joutube there is also a wonderfull Sax artist, he is doing all kind of cover songs on his sax his name is Charlez360

Zui Killswitch
      Participant

Avarice In Audio
      Staubkind
      Front 242
      Nitzer Ebb
      Recoil
      Wolfsheim
      Peter Heppner
      Skinny Puppy
      Psychic TV
      Current 93
      Coil
      And One
      IAMX
      Mr Kitty
      Blutengel <— good for shits and giggles
      Wumpscut
      Rotersand

DaSilvaFlipFlops
        Participant

I like your taste.

A few of my favorites (and there’s a bunch of other artists I’m forgetting):
        Animal Collective, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, The Books, Cocteau Twins, Coil, Current 93, Deftones, Faith No More, Flying Lotus, Four Tet, Fuck Buttons, Fugazi, Global Communication, The Jesus and Mary Chain, MGMT, Modest Mouse, My Bloody Valentine, Negativland, Nine Inch Nails, Nurse With Wound, Oneohtrix Point Never, Psychic TV, Queens of the Stone Age, The Residents, Ride, Stereolab, Suicide, Swans, Throbbing Gristle, Tortoise, Venetian Snares, Whitehouse, Xiu Xiu

Taylor
      Participant

Zeppelin, Paramore, Alice In Chains, Megadeth, Cake, Panic At The Disco, Duran Duran, Billy Joel, Josh Groban, Elvis, System of A Down, Dance Gavin Dance, Abigail Williams, Pink Floyd, Gorillaz, Evanescence, Nothing More, REO Speedwagon. Need I name more? Cause I could go on all day.

GUSS-GUSS
      Participant

“The rain of endless fall” -Prayer for Cleansing
      “Up from the Ashes” -Burn Halo
      “The fall of ideals” -All that Remains
      “Avanged Sevenfold” -Avanged Sevenfold
      “Nymphetamine” -Cradle of Filth (Nymphetamine fix)
      these are some good whole albums that I love to listen too when shit comes ^_^
      Big on slipknot,stone sour, Hollywood undead, the rigs, nothingface, 36 crazyfist, woodkid, the black keys, AWOLNATION, smashing pumpkins, Avicii, apocalyptica, the Beatles, breed 77, devilDriver, Element Eighty, fear factory, five finger death punch, flaw, godsmack, ill niño, kittie, lorn, lamb of god, like a storm, well that’s all that I can think of right now on top of my he’d hope you guys like

Crasschris
      Participant

CRASS. Bad religion. Dead Kennedy’s. Black flag. Minor threat.

Crasschris
      Participant

Misfits!

Tribune
      Participant

90s grunge/rock (as a rough definition) is where my ears usually stray:

Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Mother Love Bone, Tool, Guns n’ Roses, Placebo and many, many more.

Then taking that up through the 00s with the Distillers, System of a Down, Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave, Alexisonfire etc.

I’ll pretty much take any genre on its merits though; plenty of 70s, metal, old-school hip-hop, stoner rock, indie, trip-hop, UK grime in my collection – whatever has a decent beat. Playlist at the moment is:

Chevelle
      Kobra and the Lotus
      Honeyblood
      Portishead
      Haelos
      Burn the Sun
      The Dead Weather
      Akala
      Ocean Wisdom

Top 3 bands all-time:
      Alice in Chains
      The Distillers
      Guns n’ Roses

You got to throw in Temple of The Dog after listing PJ, SG and MLB

Tribune
          Participant

That’s a fair shout Dethbyplaster.

I never really consider Temple of the Dog with it being a tribute album. ‘Reach Down’ is a tune, though Chris Cornell could sing the alphabet and it would still hit home.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Placebo, Garbage and Kosheen lately.

FredHawley
      Participant

Culture shock

Death overdue
      Participant

Purple hill witch, bolt thrower, amon amarth, Gorgoroth, and above all, slayer

coolklux
      Participant

Cage the elephant and modest mouse are some of my favorites
      Mac millers new mixtape called delusional thomas is really good tooo
      Kevin gates if you’re hood
      If you like reggae, pepper is my favorite next to passafire and rx bandits.

Alpha-Kevin
      Participant

Mortiis has 2 great albums, the smell of rain and the grudge. But the new album sucks.
      I also like volbeat and freiwild.

FoxTailedCritter
      Participant

NECRO, Eminem, cage kennylz, Cypress Hill, KORN, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Placebo, SCUM (lyrical snuff productions), Johnny Rebel (Yes country music but fuck you), guns and roses, Nine inch nails and People haters.

I know thousands of bands but my advice just try random ones out and you might like them.
      There’s also a program I recommend called “pandora” that will show music similar to the song you type in.

JustJustine
      Participant

Anything by Die Antwoord.

daddyslilfinger
      Participant

G.G. Allin fuck’n sucks.

Pérez Soriano
      Participant

Green Day
      Coldplay
      One Republic
      No Rap

John Brown
      Participant

The Chillhop Cafe · 24/7 Live Radio · Chilled ‘ Jazzy ‘ Hip Hop Beats
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URsTa11o7Yg

John Brown
      Participant

youtube

The Chillhop Cafe · 24/7 Live Radio · Chilled ‘ Jazzy ‘ Hip Hop Beats

JayC
      Participant

If I could name my favorite songs-
      Floyd the barber by nirvana
      Ballad by pailhead
      Faithfully by journey
      Is it like today by world party
      No matter what by badfinger
      Not the same by bodyjar
      Reflections of my life by marmalade
      Everlong by foo fighters
      Maneater by hall and oates
      Stoned love by the supremes
      More than a feeling by Boston
      And finally– coming home by cheeseburger

Ya… my taste in music is kind of weird and mixed up. There’s several different genres in there. I’ve also been listening to toto – Africa lately. Those are just my favorites, personally.

thedre
        Participant

@Jayc Toto is an awesome studio band, and like you state,,, their famous tune Africa has always been one of my all time favorites, as well as Allan Parsons Project, Eye In The Sky. 🙂

danielvalient
      Participant

I hope that some of you might like my band…I am heavily influenced by extreme horror films and gore/ tragedy sites like bestgore.com.
      My band is called white gardenia and probably would be classified as post-noise or dream pop (although some of our stuff is influenced by black metal/ extreme metal. I have collaborated with a couple of black metal bands in the past)
      A few of our video clips involve self mutilation and blood drinking so I thought the Bestgore.com community might be interested. I probably dont have to post a content warning but if you are adverse to the sight of human blood you might not want to watch these –

Джон
      Participant
      Dabalina710
      Participant

Alla Xul Elu

YouTube them

thedre
        Participant

The most influential, and true song ever written.

Enjoy Boys & Girls! 🙂

elfredo666
      Participant

I geuss ill but my 2 cents in this

Kilgore Trout
      Participant

Dead Can Dance, Bowie, Cocteau Twins, The Fall, Pogues, Fleet Foxes, Interpol, Buzzcocks, the Orb, and lots and lots of Wagner.

Deric Wilson-Mahil
      Participant

The following list is full of musicians and music groups to listen to:
      The Residents
      Buckethead
      Immortal Technique
      Slint
      Cockney Rejects
      Aesop Rock
      7l & Esoteric
      Dying Fetus
      A//Political
      Aus Rotten
      Digable Planets
      Soul Coughing
      The U-Men
      The Rentals
      The Orb
      The Exploited
      The Casualties
      Disorder
      Chaos UK
      Blitz
      Crass
      Cattle Decapitation
      Tech N9ne
      Angerfist
      Aphex Twin
      Captain Beefheart
      Frank Zappa

Counterfeit
      Participant

Counterfeit
      Participant

elfredo666
      Participant

just throught my 2 cents back in hear if any1 wants decent rap, $uicideboy$ and GHOSTEMANE, specifically his song named until the light takes us, I cant stop playing that shit on repeat

Daddy
      Participant
      Counterfeit
      Participant

Counterfeit
      Participant

Counterfeit
      Participant

Muja Mi Rona
      Participant

Vybz Kartel, most of his material from 03-2011.
      Joker (Bristol, UK dubstep)
      Burial (UK, hyperdub records)
      EPROM (trippy shit, loadz a bass)

Tribune
      Participant

@slep1pur.

Joker is a good shout. Still listen to ‘Slaughter House’ years down the line.

Muja Mi Rona
        Participant

Most of his work is quality but his early stuff rocks me the most. Purple City, Re-Up, Snake Eater, Digidesign etc. Yep, UK dubstep bangs hard.

IsraelCunt
      Participant

Here’s some rap shit:

Butchers Harem
      MC Bushpig
      Scum
      Stitchez
      Kidcrusher
      Dyad Souls
      Dark Half
      Geno Cultshit
      Playboy The Beast
      Komatose
      Kannibalistik
      Trips MC

Cat
      Participant

Enterprise Earth and Infant Annihilator are the best

capone113
      Participant

VOLBEAT!!!

thedre
      Participant

Pink-Floyd,,, Supertramp,,, The Beatles,,, Paul McCartney & Wings,,, Steve Miller Band,,,Nirvana,,,Queen
      Eric Clapton,,,George Harrison,,,Neil Young,,, Metallica,,, The Rolling Stones,,,Elton John,,,E.L.O.,,,
      Rush,,,Uriah Heap,,, Tangerine Dream,,,Yes,,,Boston,,,Triumph,,,Styx,,,Mike And The Mechanics,,,10CC,,,
      Black Sabbath,,,Iron Maiden,,,Kiss,,,Billy Idol,,,The Police,,, The Cars,,,Toronto,,,Chicago,,,The Moody Blues,,,Nazareth,,,Foreigner,,,Cream,,,Bad Company,,,The Eagles,,, Joe Walsh,,,Genesis,,,The Allan Parsons Project,,,John Fogerty,,,C.C.R.,,,Frank Zappa,,,The Who,,,The Doors,,,The Stone Temple Pilots,,,
      Manfred Mann,,,Bruce Springsteen,,, John Cougar,,,Kansas,,,The Beach Boys,,,Jefferson Airplane,,,R.E.M.,,,
      The Guess Who,,,Christopher Cross,,,Khris Khristofferson,,,The Tragically Hip,,,Led Zepplin,,,Blue Oyster Cult,,,U2,,,Daniel Lanois,,,Blue Rodeo,,,Dire Straights,,,The Payolas,,,Journey,,,Elvis Costello,,,
      Cat Stevens,,,Peter Gabriel,,,Roger Waters,,,Def Leppard,,,A.C.D.C.,,,Guns And Roses.

Sorry guys, as i included all good music, not just “DeathCore Stuff”

Lucythepoosy
        Spectator

My grampa had a Uriah Heap album.

thedre
          Participant

Then you’re Grandpa had great taste in music @Looseytepoosey 🙂

thedre
      Participant

R.I.P. George.

Enjoy!

thedre
      Participant

One of Musics Legends, no doubt.

Enjoy!

Muja Mi Rona
      Participant

Gore related

I really like, and bare with me here, dance gavin dance, pierce the veil, twenty one pilots, spoon, slothrust, boulevard des aire, and hombres g. My music taste is sort of everywhere but I’ve never been a fan of country. It never appealed to me.

Long Haired Dude
      Participant

My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Three Days Grace, Asking Alexandria, Billy Talent, Motionless In White, Norma Jean, Mastodon, Fall Out Boy, Eskimo Callboy, Emmure, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Devil Wears Prada, A Day To Remember, Chevelle, Bury Tomorrow, All That Remains, The Used, Bring Me The Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine

nastypersuasions
      Participant

nastypersuasions
      Participant

The previous post was for amusement; kickback with this (as used in the outstanding film ‘The Reluctant Fundamentalist’.

Arttu
      Participant

Concept albums usually stand the test of time. Some good ones:

Jethro Tull – Thick as a Brick
      Deathspell Omega – Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice
      CMX – Talvikuningas

itsplaster
        Participant

That year Jethro Tull won the Grammy over Metallica. Lol! Metal fans were pissed. “And Justice For All” was an amazing album. Gotta love Lars thanking Jethro Tull for not putting out an album the year Metallica got their much-deserved Grammy. That was funny as hell.

Arttu
          Participant

@itsplaster Maybe the Grammy jury thought that Lars’ beats weren’t sharp enough. …And Justice for All isn’t a bad album but Jethro Tull certainly deserved the Grammy. Still, the music video of One might be the best one ever made.

itsplaster
          Participant

“… isn’t a bad album” and we’re done here.

Arttu
          Participant

@itsplaster I’m from Finland and when we say something isn’t bad, we mean it’s really good. I shouldn’t maybe use that phrase when speaking English. 😀 …And Justice for All is great but Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are better.

BlackCollar
      Participant

I saw Nurse with Wound, Whitehouse, and Throbbing Gristle up above, and figured along those lines I’d add White Mice and Wolf Eyes. Some of my most recent favorites in that grouping. I also like some noise junk like Merzbow. I like to listen while I drive… Find all the white noise and cacophony of sounds to be relaxing, actually. Things with more melody were also mentioned above, so I won’t bother repeating them.

Tribune
      Participant

Four artists on rotation at the moment:

First, The Mayan Factor’s albums ’44’ and ‘In Lake Ch’. Arguably my favourite band that nobody I know appreciates/knows of. Lead singer was obscenely talented. Could pick out any song on these albums, but these are my two favourites.

Also loving a bit of Crucified Barbara, Swedish rock band that broke up recently. Lots of influences in their sound, but they were one of those bands that didn’t blow out after one or two albums and got better as their career progressed.

Channelling shades of Judas Priest here.

And I like this as another sample, stripped-back. No posing, just the music.

Kobra and the Lotus are also back with a new album ‘Prevail I’ and that’ll be on rotation. On from the annals, covering Alannah Myles:

One last, Nostalghia. Best known for her/their work on the John Wick soundtrack as here:

This lesser-known song kills me though:

thedre
      Participant

A little Ganja Tune by 10cc

Enjoy!

thedre
      Participant

The Best Keyboard/Piano player EVER Rick Wakeman

Enjoy!

thedre
      Participant

And now some more Wakeman. And for those of you who do not know, he was the Keyboard Player for the Rock Band YES.

Enjoy,,, yet again. 🙂

thedre
      Participant

John Lennon

Classic Tune, R.I.P. Brother John. You Left Us Way Too Early.

itsplaster
      Participant

Well, if we’re just posting awesome shit … @haydolf_hittler always think of you!

haydolf_hittler
      Participant

thankyou for the mention plaster ! and yes this is a great track i listen to it gets me fired up and i love the band after you introduced me to them.

Hello haydolf some good bands Radiohead,muse,manic Street Preachers,oasis,the clash,sex pistols good English bands or if you like classical Edward Elgar(Nimmrod) or abit of Hans Zimmer very powerful music.

illegalsmile55
      Participant

Anyone know this band?

Muja Mi Rona
      Participant

Bit of a demon at the music.

If you like abit more heavy stuff I also like Rammstien,slayer,black Sabbath,mudvayne, mushroom head,static x, Iron maiden,Korn but then if you like abit of chill Keane,David Bowie,or even abit of the Who or the Animals:)

Long Haired Dude
      Participant

R.I.P. Chris Cornell

Tribune
      Participant

That is all sorts of bullshit.

One of the greats:

Mwojenia691
      Participant

You should check out some songs from the Pacific like DMP from Solomon islands or Ozeky from the island of Chuuk.Idk if you’ll like them tho,but it’s worth a try.And yes they are on YouTube.

Borel
      Participant

David Bowie, Queens of the stone age, Alt j, Molly Nilsson, Darlia, Cage the elephant, K. Flay, Crystal castles, Tonstartssbandht, Radiohead, Dead ghosts, Cigarettes after sex, Wolf alice, Lana del rey, Dead man’s bones, Findlay, Royal blood, The Orwells, Ratatat, Ho99o9, Death grips, Cat power, and many more:) Also I love very underrated album: Songs from my parents basement by Wholewheat.

The Cranberries this song is very close to my heart,And the lead singer has a amazing voice.

Long Haired Dude
      Participant

Honestly, anything from the mid 90’s – now that is metalcore, deathcore, death metal, black metal. I also love rock/hard rock

My favorite bands are; Asking Alexandria (Can’t wait for their 5th upcoming album probably early 2018), My Chemical Romance, Blessthefall, Billy Talent, and Bullet For My Valentine.

EDIT : Haha, I just realized I posted before, but whatever.

Lord Wankdust
      Participant

Let this sexy scottish poetry get you in the mood.

Then get properly torn in (give it a wee minute till Saint Jack kicks in).

Art moco
      Participant

I am a huge asian music fan since teenage years. At first it started off with anime songs, then the actual bands’ music.

One of the recent band I’ve fallen in love with is Waggaki Band. A band that mixes traditional and modern musical instruments.

Helvetesild
      Participant

Great doom metal band, I love the atmosphere of melancholy

Aghakhi
      Participant

I’ll recommend some of my favorite albums, or at least those I remembered while typing this:

Sunn O))) – ØØ Void, Monoliths & Dimensions, Terrestrials, Soused, Altar
      Pentemple – O))) Presents…
      Earth – HEX; or Printing In The Infernal Method
      October Falls – Marras, The Womb of Primordial Nature
      Altaar – Altaar
      Kammarheit – The Starwheel, Asleep And Well Hidden
      The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead
      Pink Floyd – The Dark Side of The Moon
      Dire Straits – Brothers In Arms
      Pearl Jam – Ten
      Alice In Chains – Dirt
      System of a Down – Toxicity, Mezmerize
      In The Woods… – HEart of The Ages, Omnio

Helvetesild
        Participant

some good stuff there, thanks for letting me know of Altaar, never heard them before, I tend to know/recognize most bands from Norway.

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.