A feud between Chinese Triads lead to a brawl at George Street in Manchester’s Chinatown and resulted in sentencing of five men. Up to 30 Chinese immigrants battled one another with fists and knives after two factions crossed paths at a karaoke bar called K2. Manchester Crown Court heard that members of the Wo Shing Wo gang bullied young men whom they suspected were linked to Liverpool’s K14 Triad gang.
Four of the men who fought on the Wo Shing Wo side were found guilty of violent disorder. They were:
- Yik Fung Ng – 24 year old student of Lawnhurst Avenue in Wythenshawe, sentenced to eight months in jail
- Hiu Nelson Yeung – 25 year old hairdresser of Addenbrook Road in Cheetham, sentenced to six month in jail sentence, suspended for 18 months, with 120 hours unpaid work
- Chiu Yuen Li – 38 year old of Mosley Common Road in Worsley, sentenced to six months in jail
- Siu Hung Yeung – 23 year old graduate of Brailsford Road in Fallowfield, sentenced to five months in jail
One man who claims to have fought back the bullies was found guilty of violent disorder and possession of a bladed article:
- Michael Chuong – 29 year old of Park Road South in Prenton, Merseyside, sentenced to three years in jail after knifing two men
Best Gore member Roamer who hooked me up with the video added a few comments:
Wo Shing Wo don’t really make people become ‘members’. It’s part scam, part protection racket. Those who are stupid enough to believe the ‘membership fee’ actually makes them a member fall for the scam aspect. Those a bit brighter realise they’ll be lynched if they don’t pay up, they get stung by the protection element.
The result is thirty fuckers battling with knives in the middle of the street. Be in no doubt, some of them will have guns. But just having a gun will automatically get you a minimum of five years in prison and having it with intent can get a life sentence, so the guns are saved for only careful executions. Imagine the chaos of 30 responsible gun owners opening up instead of this knife battle.
The brawl happened in June 2010, sentencing was finalized today. Thanks a lot for the video, Roamer: