A man got the tip of his thumb amputated while manipulating a metal frame. I’m guessing there was a “helper” who moved the beam attached to the rest of the frame with a single pin, so it pivoted with a lot of leverage, and when the victim’s thumb found itself between the two parts, it was the frail human body that gave way.
This right here is why I wear work gloves every time I handle objects or equipment that can shred my hands. For the most part, if your hand goes out of commission, you go out of commission.
Props to Best Gore member @billieeilish for the pics: